Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tosser, Me? Well Thanks a lot

Tosser, Me? Well Thanks a lot

Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tosser, Me? Well Thanks a lot

Originally posted by bundy
Blimey, who called you a tosser?
guess ...someone rather topical!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

Janey, anyone who calls you a tosser for posting your opinion is a tosser themselves. You have lived in Australia and come back. A lot of people have not yet had the experience of upping sticks and moving to the other side of the world and so cannot possibly understand.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ABCDiamond
By the time WE in Australia had woken up, the poll had closed !
We didn't even get the chance to input our thoughts.
So I would be suprised if it included anyone that is actually in Australia.

True, I have not even seen the poll, let alone had a chance to vote in it.
Expecting everyone to like living out here is ridiculous, it is like saying that everyone likes the same thing, doesn't make you a to**er!

Personally if people are unhappy I think they should go back ASAP, life is too short to be suffering in a place you are not happy in.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Janey

Have to agree with Tina life is too short!! You had the opportunity to live in Oz unlike many people who will never experience it. It wasn`t what you wanted so you came home. Wishing you all the best now you are back in the UK

footie x
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:36 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
I didn't vote, but I'm a migrant that's returning home. Unlike some of you, I'm not going to blame the country I'm currently in for wanting to go home, nor am I going to belittle its current inhabitants, nor pigeonhole them in any way, shape or form. More than I can say for a lot of you.

Have a really good read of that Buzzing off back 'ome forum of yours and that's what you'll get. Anyone would think someone held a gun to your head and made you move there. It's not that you're leaving Australia, it that's a lot of you are leaving Australia with bitter and petty little parting shots and basically blaming everything and everyone *but* themselves for not being able to live there.

The Americans have a term for that; it's called carpetbagging.

It's nobody's fault but your own. Own up to it, FFS, don't blame the country, its culture, its climate or anything else on your malcontentedness, or as one person put it, squawking parrots rather than British birds. Like our parrots are going to shut up for the benefit of the British. Right. They don't shut up for us.

I'm going home for two reasons. One, I'm homesick and two, I want my kids to go to school there. Well, there's a third reason. My father is in his 70's and I'd like him to see his two grand-daughters.

Six years in the US is long enough for me, but that's my fault, not America's.
Anoble post YOUJAY, are" tossers" what we call "wankers"/ or visa versa................ MM
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:41 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I started the poll thread. But the reason was, because WBB started the thread about those returning to the UK were tossers. I was defending(most of) them.

Now, my poll thread was moved(very understandable), and closed.
While WBB's offending thread was kept open(and is still going strong).
But, eventually it did lead to him getting banned.

Only strange thing is, people seem to think that the only reason he is banned is because of those nasty comments to Ceri.
I do think that is enough to be banned, but it certainly wasn't the only reason!!
Problem is, he was always nice in this (Aus/NZ culture) forum. I used to like him too. But just because he's in other forums, and pm'ing, it doesn't give him the right to be that abusive.

Lately he was getting more and more nasty(even to me, told me to bugger of back to this forum when I was defending hiddenpaw/pants).
Also, in the past he's accussed Ceri of pm'ing him with abuse, with a new identity, which has never been proved. And I really don't believe it.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:49 am
Reticent Member

she'llberight is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by janeyray
Just been catching up on whats been happening since I've been off air and it seems I'am a tosser?

OH

Thanks a lot

Is this because our new life in Oz didn't work? Is this because 'my' adventure and the want for a better life didn't work out?

I thought I was just like you...wanting something more out of life and looking forward to starting a new life down under?

Just because it didn't work out for me and my family does it mean I'am a tosser? When I give examples of 'our' life in OZ and they don't come up to your expectaions does it make me a tosser?

It saddens me that people don't think we tried to make it work, do you think we went to all that trouble to move just to return 16 months later? We did try and it didn't work, in my opinion it wasn't for us. Everyone has their own opinions on how they will try and settle, one persons opionion is different from anothers.

I don't feel like a tosser because I have an opinion on how my experience in Australia has turned out, I just feel sad that most of the people on this forum travelling to OZ for a new life think I am?

Well janeyray,

I agree with all that has been said. Take no notice of anyone who have made disparaging comments to you. It takes guts to do the emigration trail, then decide to return back to the UK (for whatever reason) AND THEN post on here. I think a lot of us can say we admire your strength.

Anyway, according to Simone's (IMHO ill-advised) poll I'm a tosser too (quote from one of her posts on that thread):

"Those 9 people..... 1 is WBB. 1 is She'll be right"

Well Mate, if that's the case and we are seen to be tossers, then I couldn't wish for better company.

Good luck and the very best wishes to you and your family and continue posting please to let us know how you're getting on.

Val
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:52 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by she'llberight

Anyway, according to Simone's (IMHO ill-advised) poll I'm a tosser too (quote from one of her posts on that thread):

Well Mate, if that's the case and we are seen to be tossers, then I couldn't wish for better company.

Val
I thought you were one of the 9 people who posted at the time. NOWHERE did I say you were a tosser!!!

I already told you: my apologies that I assumed you'd voted.

I didn't call anyone at all a tosser.
My thread was protesting against calling people tossers!!!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by she'llberight

Val
You accused Simone of calling you a tosser on the last thread. She made it quite clear that she hadn't called you a tosser and you accpeted that...why try and claim again that she did? What are you trying to re-ignite?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:11 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Lets be careful that this doesn't generate into another barney guys"

janey those daft tosser threads were an example of how out of control some things get. there's been some ridiculous things said recently, and to be fair there's been some from both sides.

For what its worth, I think 99.9% of posters dont think anyones a tosser. Everyone moving or contemplating it appreciates how difficult it is, and how brave anyone who tries it is.

We've all got to be careful not to group people so easily. Just cos you moved back doesn't mean you have the same views as the posters who've moved back and seem to delight in slagging Oz off. You seem a positive and helpful poster, you're experiences are valid and can be very useful to a lot of people, and I for one look forward to your contributions in the future.

Ok all - lets see a little love, remember we're all individuals (I'm not) so sweeping statements out the windows, and lets all kiss and make up!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:17 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by loose
Lets be careful that this doesn't generate into another barney guys"

janey those daft tosser threads were an example of how out of control some things get. there's been some ridiculous things said recently, and to be fair there's been some from both sides.

For what its worth, I think 99.9% of posters dont think anyones a tosser. Everyone moving or contemplating it appreciates how difficult it is, and how brave anyone who tries it is.

We've all got to be careful not to group people so easily. Just cos you moved back doesn't mean you have the same views as the posters who've moved back and seem to delight in slagging Oz off. You seem a positive and helpful poster, you're experiences are valid and can be very useful to a lot of people, and I for one look forward to your contributions in the future.

Ok all - lets see a little love, remember we're all individuals (I'm not) so sweeping statements out the windows, and lets all kiss and make up!
We know all about your kissing and making up, Loose!

Seriously though, good points. Sometimes threads can develop a life of their own and take off in all kinds of unhappy directions
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:20 am
ABCDiamond

This is getting more and more confusing.....

"She'll be right" feels that she was called a T******

I read that it was stated that she was one of the ones who voted that they were T*****'s.

Yet i've also read that she didn't call anyone a T**, and isn't one herself.

I give up, I can't follow it....

Maybe it's best to drop the subject now.

Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:24 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
This is getting more and more confusing.....

"She'll be right" feels that she was called a T******

I read that it was stated that she was one of the ones who voted that they were T*****'s.

Yet i've also read that she didn't call anyone a T**, and isn't one herself.

I give up, I can't follow it....

Maybe it's best to drop the subject now.
Yes, very confusing.

But, because I don't want to be wrongly accused of calling people tossers: I thought she/he voted that they were tossers(going by her opinion there and in the past), but she says she didn't vote at all, so I apologised for assuming she posted.....

Not sure if that helps!!!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

So who's a tosser ? Have we agreed on anything?

Some people get too wound up by other's comments and should either ignore them or chill (WBB last posts to Ceri an exception - bang out of order).

More importantly, anyone know the price of lettuce ??
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:39 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by sjn2003
Some people get too wound up by other's comments and should either ignore them or chill
Yes, that's me. Can't help it, sorry!

Lettuce... Anyone want to know the price here?
HAven't discussed that yet!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.