Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tosser, Me? Well Thanks a lot

Tosser, Me? Well Thanks a lot

Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Tosser, Me? Well Thanks a lot

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Hi Janeyray

I understand why you would be upset by these comments. They must be very hurtful.

I personally can't see why it matters if you went to Oz and came back or stayed. The fact you tried is admirable in itself

As for being called a "tosser". As some have said before.......you are generalising if you think that includes all of us on this forum.

I started to read that particular inflamatory thread and actually stopped reading once I realised what it was about. I personally can't be ars*d to get involved in the "Oz is better than UK " or "UK is better than Oz" brigade. It's all down to individual taste and what's one man's meat....... is anothers poison.....

Actually, to me, it's more important that I respect peoples personal opinions than force my own opinions down their throats.

So...........count me out of the stupid arguments and count me into the "mutual respect" brigade.....and as such, I [and many others] do not think you are a tosser.

You are a lady who tried Oz and moved back to UK cos it wasn't for you. End of story.

I for one wish you and your family the very best in your return to UK. I think I talk for most people on here when I say this

All the very best Janey.........keep on smiling.............keep on doing the right thing for you and your family.......... and sod any silly, childish name calling. It really isn't worth a minutes worth of your thinking time
Janeray
Phoenix has said it all for me really. Take not notice Janeray - at least you had the guts to try it and then admit it was not right for you.

Good luck.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Wonder if the 17 have ever been to OZ like our janey.

Wonder how many of the 17 will themselves return like so many do, but so few admit

Any comments 17 Helloooooo

BTW Janey your similar thread on the UK forum has just had an aussie announce all who dont like OZ are indeed tossers and post a link to prove it

Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by dotty
Wonder if the 17 have ever been to OZ like our janey.

Wonder how many of the 17 will themselves return like so many do, but so few admit

Any comments 17 Helloooooo

BTW Janey your similar thread on the UK forum has just had an aussie announce all who dont like OZ are indeed tossers and post a link to prove it

Well the 17 could be some of the multiple id posters. Who kept voting for the same thing

Hiya Dotty - Hows it going by the way?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:49 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

17 people out of 1000's - you're always going to meet those few that don't seem to know their head from their @rse. Don't worry about them. I think what you've done is very brave, but more importantly you've done it because its right for you.
Ignore those people who don't know what they're talking about. At the end of the day it, it is just words on the internet anyway
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:55 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by janeyray
Just been catching up on whats been happening since I've been off air and it seems I'am a tosser?

OH

Thanks a lot

Is this because our new life in Oz didn't work? Is this because 'my' adventure and the want for a better life didn't work out?

I thought I was just like you...wanting something more out of life and looking forward to starting a new life down under?

Just because it didn't work out for me and my family does it mean I'am a tosser? When I give examples of 'our' life in OZ and they don't come up to your expectaions does it make me a tosser?

It saddens me that people don't think we tried to make it work, do you think we went to all that trouble to move just to return 16 months later? We did try and it didn't work, in my opinion it wasn't for us. Everyone has their own opinions on how they will try and settle, one persons opionion is different from anothers.

I don't feel like a tosser because I have an opinion on how my experience in Australia has turned out, I just feel sad that most of the people on this forum travelling to OZ for a new life think I am?
Hi

Don't worry bout it, you've done a brave thing, you tried it, didn't work out, so what?

At least you TRIED it, good on ya, hope you are very happy back in the UK.

That takes guts

Walla
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:00 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

I didn't vote, but I'm a migrant that's returning home. Unlike some of you, I'm not going to blame the country I'm currently in for wanting to go home, nor am I going to belittle its current inhabitants, nor pigeonhole them in any way, shape or form. More than I can say for a lot of you.

Have a really good read of that Buzzing off back 'ome forum of yours and that's what you'll get. Anyone would think someone held a gun to your head and made you move there. It's not that you're leaving Australia, it that's a lot of you are leaving Australia with bitter and petty little parting shots and basically blaming everything and everyone *but* themselves for not being able to live there.

The Americans have a term for that; it's called carpetbagging.

It's nobody's fault but your own. Own up to it, FFS, don't blame the country, its culture, its climate or anything else on your malcontentedness, or as one person put it, squawking parrots rather than British birds. Like our parrots are going to shut up for the benefit of the British. Right. They don't shut up for us.

I'm going home for two reasons. One, I'm homesick and two, I want my kids to go to school there. Well, there's a third reason. My father is in his 70's and I'd like him to see his two grand-daughters.

Six years in the US is long enough for me, but that's my fault, not America's.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by debsy
Well the 17 could be some of the multiple id posters. Who kept voting for the same thing

Hiya Dotty - Hows it going by the way?

Brilliant, no shocks, I mean we came back every year so the 200,000 AUD in research trips was well spent

Whats this about you having doubts, you are one girl who should be fine, how much research have you done? heaps I know that, and look at you both, in tourism so going to the Gold coast, well planned and researched, not like your moving to Darwin and looking for IT or something is it? You know heat and like it, youve been out twice, you know the downsides (blue ice blocks) You Mrs will be fine People like you dont get shocks you know what to expect

See ya D
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by dotty
Brilliant, no shocks, I mean we came back every year so the 200,000 AUD in research trips was well spent

Whats this about you having doubts, you are one girl who should be fine, how much research have you done? heaps I know that, and look at you both, in tourism so going to the Gold coast, well planned and researched, not like your moving to Darwin and looking for IT or something is it? You know heat and like it, youve been out twice, you know the downsides (blue ice blocks) You Mrs will be fine People like you dont get shocks you know what to expect

See ya D
Thanks D

Heat Phew it was about 38c yesterday and the summer has only just started
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:35 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Ditto. Probably a lot of us just couldn't be bothered to vote, maybe we should to even up the score?
By the time WE in Australia had woken up, the poll had closed !
We didn't even get the chance to input our thoughts.
So I would be suprised if it included anyone that is actually in Australia.

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Nothing shameful about trying life in another country and deciding it's not for you, at this time.
Absolutely. So many people have tried the UK and are now going to try Australia

Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:37 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain

I'm going home for two reasons. One, I'm homesick .
Exactly the reasons Jane is always saying then
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:41 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Just been catching up on whats been happening since I've been off air and it seems I'am a tosser?

OH

Thanks a lot

Is this because our new life in Oz didn't work? Is this because 'my' adventure and the want for a better life didn't work out?

I thought I was just like you...wanting something more out of life and looking forward to starting a new life down under?

Just because it didn't work out for me and my family does it mean I'am a tosser? When I give examples of 'our' life in OZ and they don't come up to your expectaions does it make me a tosser?

It saddens me that people don't think we tried to make it work, do you think we went to all that trouble to move just to return 16 months later? We did try and it didn't work, in my opinion it wasn't for us. Everyone has their own opinions on how they will try and settle, one persons opionion is different from anothers.

I don't feel like a tosser because I have an opinion on how my experience in Australia has turned out, I just feel sad that most of the people on this forum travelling to OZ for a new life think I am?
Blimey, who called you a tosser? That's ridiculous! It's important and useful to have honest opinions and the negative feedback is often more illuminating than the 'yay, it's great' stuff. Personally, I think you are both brave and pragmatic in admitting that it didn't work out for you and posting your opinions here for the rest of us to ponder. Definitely not a tosser by any means.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:42 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

OH

Thanks a lot

Janey, IMO the biggest tossers are people who post threads suggesting that other people whose views/lifestyle choices don't fit with their own narrow view of the world are tossers....! (if you see what I mean).

Hope your UK life in Nottingham goes well - you have some beaut countryside round there, & it's been a lovely summer so far, so go enjoy!

Anya.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:49 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

why do i miss all the gritty stuff FGS !!!!!

I havent seen a tosser thread im sorry.

As for voting on a PERSON! why, what point.

Confused

whereever you are Jane im sure you are happier, thats the point of life !
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:56 am

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Graham and I didn't vote either.

We have always taken on board everyones opinions and prefer

not to get involved in those kind of threads!

Nikki x
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:59 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

I voted (only time ever ) .Went for the neutral choice.

Janey there was a lot of flaming going on at the time that poll was put up.Literally any post was turning in to a slagging match

I even put up a "ah remember the days " post - it was tongue in cheek in so far as it was pointing out how in the past PB et al were the worst we had to read compared to the rubbish that was going on last week.It ended up been moved to the lounge (dont know why - it was related to this forum) ?

me post in the lounge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.