Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Torn between mason's and crown for removal

Wikiposts

Torn between mason's and crown for removal

Old Dec 28th 2005, 5:15 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice
Default Torn between mason's and crown for removal

Well have got the quotes in and its a dead heat between masons and crown, but which one to use ?
have read lots of good things regarding masons but i like the idea that the same company delivers the other end in Aus.
so was just wondering if anyone had had good or bad experiences with either of these two.

ATB

andy
Old Dec 28th 2005, 5:36 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Torn between mason's and crown for removal

Originally Posted by woody1974
Well have got the quotes in and its a dead heat between masons and crown, but which one to use ?
have read lots of good things regarding masons but i like the idea that the same company delivers the other end in Aus.
so was just wondering if anyone had had good or bad experiences with either of these two.

ATB

andy
Masons..just excellent company and work so hard. We came back from Oz and I asked for them this side in the UK and I can't fault them.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 6:53 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

We went with Crown for just that reason. The insurance claim for damage was something like $4000! And that was being generous to them; the cost to us was probably a couple of thousand more but it was not easy to get quotes.

The UK end was fine but the oz end was - well, laid back. Frankly it will be the same with anyone; the luck of the draw on the day.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

ATB

andy
crown are here on 6 jan to pack our stuff soi can update after that-up to now they've been the most efffiecient in terms of turning up/coms etc.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 7:12 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

ATB

andy
So far so good with Masons for me, but I haven't got Oz end yet. Stuff on the high seas as we speak. It all arrives in Oz on the 18th Jan. Will update you then if ya like.

When they came to pack everything up they were really nice and efficient with the wrapping and packing and everything and were most helpful too.

Rachel
Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't booked any shippers yet - but when it came to quoting Crown was appalling - incredibly rude and no way would they get any business from me unless hell froze over and the devil turned into a fluffy bunny !

Heather
Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:04 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
crown are here on 6 jan to pack our stuff soi can update after that-up to now they've been the most efffiecient in terms of turning up/coms etc.
lol thats the date that we are shipping our stuff out, house sold so last thing to do before we go.
sound like both companies have good reps so may have to go with mason's as they can pack our stuff tuesday next week.

thanks all and will give an update when they have been and gone
Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:07 am
still searching

Originally Posted by ohippy
I haven't booked any shippers yet - but when it came to quoting Crown was appalling - incredibly rude and no way would they get any business from me unless hell froze over and the devil turned into a fluffy bunny !

Heather
who came round to quote you, we had a chap called angus but he seem good and info pack was very well presented.
they matched the quote i had from mason's plus the storage which i had agreed as well.
perhaps it depends on whom you have to see you

good luck anyway
Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

who came round to quote you, we had a chap called angus but he seem good and info pack was very well presented.
they matched the quote i had from mason's plus the storage which i had agreed as well.
perhaps it depends on whom you have to see you

good luck anyway
I have been told that I must have caught them on a bad day but that's all it takes. I never actually got to meet them in person - I emailed for a quote and was sent someone else's details - when I queried this they told me that the mail wasn't for me and no one was going to quote - when I went back to them they were incredibly and unforgivably rude
Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:39 am
still searching

Originally Posted by ohippy
I have been told that I must have caught them on a bad day but that's all it takes. I never actually got to meet them in person - I emailed for a quote and was sent someone else's details - when I queried this they told me that the mail wasn't for me and no one was going to quote - when I went back to them they were incredibly and unforgivably rude
well i see your point now and its there loss as they say, mason's seem very helpful and have today helped me out a great deal with such a short time frame on the move dates.

good luck ohippy anyway.

Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

well i see your point now and its there loss as they say, mason's seem very helpful and have today helped me out a great deal with such a short time frame on the move dates.

good luck ohippy anyway.

Thanks Woody - all the best for your move - have a fab 2006
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Hi
We have Crown booked for 9th Jan & have been fine so far. Having said that,we got our confirmation letter today & it does say 9th Jan 05! Let's hope it's not an omen :scared:
Old Dec 28th 2005, 10:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

good luck ohippy anyway.

Don't know where you are headed but if you come to Brisbane then they use Wridgways this end. They are as helpful, pleasant and as easy to deal with as Mason's.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 10:37 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

ATB

andy
We have F&N coming in on 3rd/4th Jan to pack. Sole use 20ft container door to door is £3,125.
We've gone for insurance through Letton Percival which is 1.5% of the total value 1/2 the price of the shipping companies quoted.
I know it isn't about Crown or Masons, but thought it might help?

regards
Neil.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 12:41 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't recommend Crown. The UK end were fantastic but this end has been awful. Our contact rarely returned calls and the lads that delivered our stuff damaged two bits of furniture. It took the national quality manager (via BE) to get compo for that.

But the lads that delivered also disappeared before we had fully unpacked and told us that we could get the packing materials collected for free. But after 6 weeks they have tried denying they offered that, telling us it would cost us, and are still promising to send someone around to collect but never do.

I am very tempted to stick as much of it in the car as possible, drive down to their offices and dump it in reception.

Go with someone else, they can't be any worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.