Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Top Tips for would be Migrants!!!

Top Tips for would be Migrants!!!

Old May 23rd 2007, 8:46 pm
Banned

mancity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Top Tips for would be Migrants!!!

thought i would write this as a ping pong pom,

Top tips to new migrants and would be migrants, as there is a few people I know gone over and totally ignored some of my experiences that I found out at my PERIL......might be got the t-shirt syndrome but also good points to consider on your move.....

Number 1, DO NOT BUY A HOUSE WHILE YOU ARE RENTING AND ALSO HAVE SOME MONTHS OUTSTANDING ON YOUR RENT!!! IT COSTS YOU MONEY!!!!!!!and the real estate co's will do jack shit to help you.

Number 2, UNLESS YOU ARE FOR SURE DO NOT PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET WITH AN EMPLOYER.. you will probably want to change your job or location when you get there

Number 3, Dont start comparing prices and comparing like for like, it isnt, some minor things are but just enjoy the new stuff and get ust to it... its your nwew life.

Number 4, Dont worry Tesco will be on its way to Aus sooner than you think!
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:35 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top Tips for would be Migrants!!!

Number 5, Its generally hotter in Australia.
Old May 24th 2007, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

TheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really nice

No 6: 'She'll be right' translated means 'We've f***ed it up beyond all recognition'
Old May 24th 2007, 12:35 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheRutters
No 6: 'She'll be right' translated means 'We've f***ed it up beyond all recognition'
What you don't have, you don't need.
Old May 24th 2007, 1:45 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

7. When adamantly agreeing with something, do not say "My gosh, you are *absolutely correct* my good man," instead say "Bloody oath mate" pronounced Blah-dee-oweth mayte.
Old May 24th 2007, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

TheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really nice

8. All departure and arrival times quoted on domestic airline schedules are purely advisory
Old May 24th 2007, 2:59 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

9. save money on buying new soap by collecting all the bits left over from old bars and creating a new one
Old May 24th 2007, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jayr
9. save money on buying new soap by collecting all the bits left over from old bars and creating a new one
I miss Viz
Old May 24th 2007, 3:50 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mancity
Number 4, Dont worry Tesco will be on its way to Aus sooner than you think!
Are you sure? They have reportedly pulled out of the bidding to buy Coles. They are just going to head-hunt some of their best staff to take them to other countries.
Old May 24th 2007, 4:07 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheRutters
I miss Viz
Get ready for your flight to OZ by pushing a hard chair against the wall and sitting on it for 24 hours while asking your wife to jab you with her elbows every 10 minutes.

Prepare for a QLD summer by turning you central heating up to full and spraying yourself with water.
Old May 24th 2007, 5:58 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

They also moan about the state of the healthcare here as much as poms moan about the NHS
Old May 24th 2007, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

A friend of mine told me to apply the 3 ''C'' rule when moving downunder

Make No Comparison (lifestyle)
Make No Conversion of (money)
Make No Conclusion (All).

Old May 24th 2007, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Get ready for your flight to OZ by pushing a hard chair against the wall and sitting on it for 24 hours while asking your wife to jab you with her elbows every 10 minutes.

Prepare for a QLD summer by turning you central heating up to full and spraying yourself with water.

Old May 25th 2007, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Sara W is on a distinguished road

Top Tips:
Don't play leapfrog with a rhinoceros
Don't shove your grandma when she's shaving
Don't wipe your bottom on a broken bottle
Instead of buying expensive number plate simply change your name to ' Mr FYO4BZ'
Store bread in a bucket of water to stop the bread drying out
Old May 25th 2007, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sara W is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mark213
They also moan about the state of the healthcare here as much as poms moan about the NHS
I'm an NHS nurse and the staffing levels in the UK are awful. My friend works in Oz and the staffing levels are much better. I know that I am safer with nurses who have time to care for me. I'm 100% supportive of nurses in NHS as the vast majority do their absolute best in very difficult circumstances. I'll take my chances with Oz health system both as employee and patient.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.