Top products for killing all things creepy crawlie

Top products for killing all things creepy crawlie

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Top products for killing all things creepy crawlie

Originally Posted by Stu.E
You do this with roaches?

We don't have that problem in Melbourne, but I would probably just scoop it up with something else. Or grab it with a cloth?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dshole
We don't have that problem in Melbourne, but I would probably just scoop it up with something else. Or grab it with a cloth?

Sorry, what I was getting at was not the method, but the frequency.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:59 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

How about people don't kill the creatures and just live and let live? I have not had to kill one nasty Aus beast since getting here. Just put it in a glass and check it back out in the garden.
I would love to live and let live, but those mothers are HUGE, and my son still hasn't got over opening a cupboard when we first moved in and 2 landing on his head.

So, I've gotta go with the general death to all principle.

And anyway, you can't pick ants up in a cloth! And we have tons of them creeping into the house in orderly lines!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stu.E
Sorry, what I was getting at was not the method, but the frequency.
ah ok, I can see that would be annoying. I personally don't like killing the bugs so I would just tolerate picking them up.

Also our dog is quite good at chasing these things off as well.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:06 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Try either a hockey stick or a golf club with cane toads.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:07 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed a croc doesn't wander in to your garden
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wargod
Fingers crossed a croc doesn't wander in to your garden
Not that likely in Melbourne
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum
Just been reading another thread about killing things and decided that I need info re: what I need to do to my house to stop all things that creep and crawl from getting in as we are now about to get warm (newly optimistic Pom re: weather so no one jumps on me!!)

So products please - what's best for cockies, etc etc Indoor stuff, outdoor stuff etc etc.

I've had great success with the ant sand as recommended on BE!!!!!

I'm going to to start blasting!

BUT I have a dog - does this effect what I can use?

Seriously why do this, the chemicals in most of this crap is just as bad to you as to insects, read the cans, some of the chemicals used in this stuff is banned in other places. You could spray the guts out of your house and if somethings flying around in a swarm its still going to get in unless you keep all the lights off and doors locked.

Unless youve got redbacks or roaches, you know something harmful your fighting a losing battle, the fly screens are your best weapon, even against snakes as long as they fit properly.

You have to smother yourself in chemical sunblock everyday, fruit and veg is satuarated in chemicals in these warm insecty climates, thats bad enough do you want to breath in chemicals too :scared:
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:11 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum
Just been reading another thread about killing things and decided that I need info re: what I need to do to my house to stop all things that creep and crawl from getting in ...
You could try moving to a penthouse apartment , your bound to get less bugs that way
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:35 am
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Have just bought one for me and my sister! It looks brilliant! Take a look.

Jayne

Remove Spiders fearlessly
www.simplyshoppingtv.co.uk - the spider catcher removes spiders without harm and without stress
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:55 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Seriously why do this, the chemicals in most of this crap is just as bad to you as to insects, read the cans, some of the chemicals used in this stuff is banned in other places. You could spray the guts out of your house and if somethings flying around in a swarm its still going to get in unless you keep all the lights off and doors locked.

Unless youve got redbacks or roaches, you know something harmful your fighting a losing battle, the fly screens are your best weapon, even against snakes as long as they fit properly.

You have to smother yourself in chemical sunblock everyday, fruit and veg is satuarated in chemicals in these warm insecty climates, thats bad enough do you want to breath in chemicals too :scared:
I do agree with you. I use organic products for the kids and worry about what's on the veg/in the chicken, but our house seems particularly bad already for cockroaches and ants. Thankfully no redbacks yet. If there is a humane way of stopping them coming in I'll use it but otherwise I'm going to spray something as we leave to go on holiday next week. Hopefully all the airborne stuff will have settled by the time we return.

I've already got the teatree oil at the ready as per Crone's instructions.!

My ears are open for all non-toxic means of deterring as well as exterminating.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:14 am
kneading my cushion

Originally Posted by steve99
You could try moving to a penthouse apartment , your bound to get less bugs that way
Oo yes, one of those new ones on Mounts Bay Road. Bring it on Lotto
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Hmmmm for some reason the piccie link didn't work, take 2......
, like that a lot, K on the way!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
Have just bought one for me and my sister! It looks brilliant! Take a look.

Jayne

Remove Spiders fearlessly
www.simplyshoppingtv.co.uk - the spider catcher removes spiders without harm and without stress
Not convinced that would work with huntsmen. :scared: How long is the pole, doesn't look long enough for me
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:03 am
Don't mention the Spiders

GoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant future

I agree - I think a Huntsman would laugh in the face of that Spider Catcher, looks like the flamethrower for me!

Now then........Ebay 'flamethrower'.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.