Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Top products for killing all things creepy crawlie

Top products for killing all things creepy crawlie

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:24 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Top products for killing all things creepy crawlie

Just been reading another thread about killing things and decided that I need info re: what I need to do to my house to stop all things that creep and crawl from getting in as we are now about to get warm (newly optimistic Pom re: weather so no one jumps on me!!)

So products please - what's best for cockies, etc etc Indoor stuff, outdoor stuff etc etc.

I've had great success with the ant sand as recommended on BE!!!!!

I'm going to to start blasting!

BUT I have a dog - does this effect what I can use?

BTW have any Perthites heard about the Thai restaurant that burnt down a while ago? Apparently they let off about 30 mortein bombs in one hit and then someone turned on the gas hobs. Booom. Very nasty.

Last edited by webgum; Sep 22nd 2005 at 2:10 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top products for killing all things creepy crawlie

Originally Posted by webgum
Just been reading another thread about killing things and decided that I need info re: what I need to do to my house to stop all things that creep and crawl from getting in as we are now about to get warm (newly optimistic Pom re: weather so no one jumps on me!!)

So products please - what's best for cockies, etc etc Indoor stuff, outdoor stuff etc etc.

BTW have any Perthites heard about the Thai restaurant that burnt down a while ago? Apparently they let off about 30 mortein bombs in one hit and then someone turned on the gas hobs. Booom. Very nasty.
Will be reading replies with great interest

What exactly were they trying to kill in that restaurant?
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

I'm not into product placement but 'Baygon' is doing the trick for us in Brissy, as i am colour blind a red back could be anything to me, so the Baygon is sprayed on anything that has more than 2 legs, nothing survived yet!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:44 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Will be reading replies with great interest

What exactly were they trying to kill in that restaurant?
I'm guessing, cockroaches. Wonder if they had a bad infestation? Some friends of mine ate there the night before the fire and, although hugely sympathetic about the poor burnt owners, did wonder whether their meal had some 'free extras'.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing, cockroaches. Wonder if they had a bad infestation? Some friends of mine ate there the night before the fire and, although hugely sympathetic about the poor burnt owners, did wonder whether their meal had some 'free extras'.
Yikes!! And we were feeling hard done by that we weren't getting out to eat much recently!!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 1:05 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

One of these tends to deal with most of the pesky little critters you might encounter...

Last edited by Flying Banana; Sep 22nd 2005 at 1:08 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 1:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
I'm not into product placement but 'Baygon' is doing the trick for us in Brissy, as i am colour blind a red back could be anything to me, so the Baygon is sprayed on anything that has more than 2 legs, nothing survived yet!!!
Presumably you don't have cats or dogs
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

think what i'd use is a pair of size 10 wellies
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Try Castlemaine XXXX or failing that I hear Tim Tams should do the trick!! (only joking about the Tim Tams - I havent tried them but I hear they are great!!!)
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:53 pm
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

For kitchen cupboards - not food :
Wipe shelves with TeaTree oil. When dry, sprinkle Baygon Powder, then cover with lining paper.
Personal insect repellent: David Grey's Scram.
Ant-Rid for the small ants that come into the house just before it rains.
For the big, black meat-eating ants which infest some garders, mix borax powder to a paste with honey, put in small heaps near the entrance to their holes. If you have animals or small children, put in small bottles and sink in the ground at an angle so there's only a small space for the insects to crawl in and almost cover with soil. Do the same with slug and snail pellets if needed.
Put all dry goods into plastic or glass containers immediately you bring them home; all contain weevils which will turn into moths and infest your pantry if you don't.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 5:11 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
One of these tends to deal with most of the pesky little critters you might encounter...

Hmmmm for some reason the piccie link didn't work, take 2......
Attached Thumbnails Top products for killing all things creepy crawlie-minigun-1.jpg   Top products for killing all things creepy crawlie-minigun-2.jpg  
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:22 am
kneading my cushion

Originally Posted by TheCrone
For kitchen cupboards - not food :
Wipe shelves with TeaTree oil. When dry, sprinkle Baygon Powder, then cover with lining paper.
Personal insect repellent: David Grey's Scram.
Ant-Rid for the small ants that come into the house just before it rains.
For the big, black meat-eating ants which infest some garders, mix borax powder to a paste with honey, put in small heaps near the entrance to their holes. If you have animals or small children, put in small bottles and sink in the ground at an angle so there's only a small space for the insects to crawl in and almost cover with soil. Do the same with slug and snail pellets if needed.
Put all dry goods into plastic or glass containers immediately you bring them home; all contain weevils which will turn into moths and infest your pantry if you don't.
Thanks a million for that Crone!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough

Thanks a million for that Crone!
Get the place sprayed etc by a Pro. Doesn't cost much - Our last one was $140 with a years guarantee.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

How about people don't kill the creatures and just live and let live? I have not had to kill one nasty Aus beast since getting here. Just put it in a glass and check it back out in the garden.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dshole
Just put it in a glass and check it back out in the garden.
You do this with roaches?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.