Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Top down or bottom up?

View Poll Results: Start with the most recent or where you left off?
Start with the most recent
75.00%
Go back to where you left off
25.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Top down or bottom up?

Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:37 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Question Top down or bottom up?

A bit of a silly question but when you come onto the forum do you start with the most recent thread and work back to when you last logged on or go back to where you last were and work forward?

If I start with the newest first I can end up sticking with a lively thread and not making any progress backwards. But if I start with the oldest I can sometimes lose a thread down the cracks as I roll forward a page.

Trivial I know but when you haven't been on all weekend it takes all morning to catch up and I need a better strategy. At least I am doing it in work's time not my own
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top down or bottom up?

Bottoms up for me everytime...

(Which can be a bit of a pain in the a*se, as I flit between having weeks of constant 'foruming' and then give it a rest for a while....sometimes I have a lot to catch up on... )
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:50 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

I glimpse at the new ones and make a mental note of the ones that look interesting and then go and pick up on the old ones. to this i usually go on my profile and check them off from there.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Top down and try and work my way back, even if it takes all day (here at work) !!!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 11:56 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Top-down girl, here

Gina
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:19 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer taking my top down
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

thats a bit bloody personal mate - you'll have to wait til im pi**ed before i answer that one!!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:48 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
I prefer taking my top down
top down for sure, thats where the more juicy bits are

I MEANT THE THREADS!!!!!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

... I always read the paper back to front like the Chinese ...

... Am I deranged ? ...

Three Legs

Originally Posted by worzel
A bit of a silly question but when you come onto the forum do you start with the most recent thread and work back to when you last logged on or go back to where you last were and work forward?

If I start with the newest first I can end up sticking with a lively thread and not making any progress backwards. But if I start with the oldest I can sometimes lose a thread down the cracks as I roll forward a page.

Trivial I know but when you haven't been on all weekend it takes all morning to catch up and I need a better strategy. At least I am doing it in work's time not my own
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 6:39 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
... I always read the paper back to front like the Chinese ...

... Am I deranged ? ...

Three Legs
No your my husbands twin