British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Top 2 business cities in Oz? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/top-2-business-cities-oz-663440/)

Verify Apr 10th 2010 10:12 pm

Top 2 business cities in Oz?

Hello everyone.

Could you guys tell me which 2 cities in Australia you'd recommend to set up a business? I'm talking in terms of the best banking facilities, accountants and consultants, transport infrastucture (both local and international), serviced offices, good availability of skilled workers etc.

I've got a currency trading business in the UK which I'd like to scale up to Australia/New Zealand currency pairs but need to have a trading floor during the Australian business hours.

Currently I'm going to travel to Oz on just on a business holiday to have a look at at least 2 cities to asses the viability of setting up a business there but then I will want to set up an office somewhere.

I;d also like to ask if you guys can tell me how quickly a company can be set up from scratch and how long it takes to get it incorporated, registered for GST and business bank accounts.

The red tape in the UK isn't too bad and normally a clued up accountant should be able to do all of the above in around four weeks.

I might even consider buying an off the shelf company if such a thing exists, which has an established trading history and then change the name and business plan. Any good company sales agent you can point me to?

Thanks all

Broad Shoulders Apr 10th 2010 10:13 pm

Re: Top 2 business cities in Oz?

Originally Posted by Verify (Post 8486995)
Hello everyone.

Could you guys tell me which 2 cities in Australia you'd recommend to set up a business? I'm talking in terms of the best banking facilities, accountants and consultants, transport infrastucture (both local and international), serviced offices, good availability of skilled workers etc.

I've got a currency trading business in the UK which I'd like to scale up to Australia/New Zealand currency pairs but need to have a trading floor during the Australian business hours.

Currently I'm going to travel to Oz on just on a business holiday to have a look at at least 2 cities to asses the viability of setting up a business there but then I will want to set up an office somewhere.

I;d also like to ask if you guys can tell me how quickly a company can be set up from scratch and how long it takes to get it incorporated, registered for GST and business bank accounts.

The red tape in the UK isn't too bad and normally a clued up accountant should be able to do all of the above in around four weeks.

I might even consider buying an off the shelf company if such a thing exists, which has an established trading history and then change the name and business plan. Any good company sales agent you can point me to?

Thanks all

Pretty simple. Melbourne and Sydney