Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Top 10 Aussie things you like

Top 10 Aussie things you like

Old Mar 12th 2006, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Top 10 Aussie things you like

Anybody?

Give us something to look forward to
Old Mar 12th 2006, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all
Default Re: Top 10 Aussie things you like

Originally Posted by Luma
Anybody?

1. holden utes V6 and V8

2. drive through wine shops

3. pies

4. hot aussie babes on beach

5. ermmm

6. fishing

7. hinterland

8. the fact ian thorpe is a gay and maybe suffering from a mysterious illness and the aussie public are in denial.

9. the fact i can fly home anytime i want

10. the fact aussies are quite boring and rely on the poms to stimulate them.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody?

1.My Gran
2.Beaches
3.Cheesecake shops
4.The wildlife (except spiders, crocs, snakes, 8" long centipedes etc)
5.Pie floaters
6.Australian rainforest's
7.The call of a kookaburra (love it dunno why)
8.Food shopping in Woolworths (how bizarre)
9.The lack of people when you go out for a walk (as everyone seems to drive even short distances)
10.House prices, you get far more for your $ there...
Old Mar 13th 2006, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

1) errrrr the sun

2) the beaches

3) stump the tailless gecko who lives on one of my windows (he's soo cute!)

4) kath and kim (ok so you cna get them in the UK now but it just seems funnier over here!

5) my new car cost WAAAY less that the UK equivalent

6) the rain (long gone are the days of sideways scottish rain!!!!)

7) that ian thorpe is still actually infact a gay! (GO IAN!!! WOOHOOO) and the aussies still deny it time and time again!

8) georgie parker!..... nuff said

9) getting the full version of the 'bloody' tv ad (a weak (9) i'll admit)

10) that my dogs can stay out all day and run like idiots making them nice an quiet at night!!! bliss!!!!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 4:31 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

1) The money - its waterproof you know!
2) Lots of small privately owned businesses - makes shopping that much more interesting
3) The fact I wake up at 6am every day feeling great to sunshine and bird song
4) In half an hour I can be at the beach, up a mountain or in the city
5) The fact I can go somewhere and be totally alone if I want to. No cars, no buildings - no other people
6) Mateship - people go out of their way to help their mates - even putting in hours of slog - just for a couple of cold beers
7) The people - they are so friendly! (though I'm sure there are some exceptions)
8) Aussie sense of humour - over here they can say 'bloody' in an advert and its funny. Not banned!
9) Safety - I dont know if it is a lot safer here - but it sure feels like it.
10) Sunshine! I dont care if too much of it is a bad thing - I love the fact that it shines nearly every day!

I could go on. In fact, I can't think of anything I don't like about this place. Oh - except the mossies maybe.

W.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 4:50 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

1 The weather
2 The space
3 Yes, the money!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

ClareW will become famous soon enoughClareW will become famous soon enough

1. the weather (duh!)
2. the people (mostly friendly and helpful)
3. seeing pelicans flying overhead as I walk my daughter to school.
4. seeing cockatoos, rosellas etc etc flying wild
5. the space
6. polite kids (not just mine but all the kids at my daughters school are polite)
7. old fashioned utes
8. spectacular thunderstorms and hard hard rain
9. the view over the bay to the islands
10. the chance that I'll see a dolphin in the sea when I'm down by the beach.

Old Mar 13th 2006, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, that's brightened up my morning
Old Mar 13th 2006, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

lostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys, that's brightened up my morning
Oops, sorry, did I bring this on !?
Old Mar 13th 2006, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes.

Your post was really good and wow you've had 148 replies so far.

But.....

I thought we need something positive as well and didn't want to change your posts direction

So......

Thought I start a thread so people could put down the positives.

Originally Posted by lostpom.com
Oops, sorry, did I bring this on !?
Old Mar 13th 2006, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

lostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of light

Yes.

Your post was really good and wow you've had 148 replies so far.

But.....

I thought we need something positive as well and didn't want to change your posts direction

So......

Thought I start a thread so people could put down the positives.

Great, I do feel a little bad about bringing down the Karma on the forum.

In fact, I'll start another post right now with some nice photos of Australia to make everyone feel a bit better !
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Top 10 Aussie things you like

Anybody?

Untimed local calls! Talk for 2-3 hours, and pay no more than 10p or thereabouts!

I was utterly horrified to discover that British phone companies charge you by the minute! Thought that went out with the dinosaurs!
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody?

1. the weather
2. the open space
3. the friendly people we have met.
4. the lifestyle
5. the beautiful beaches
6. the cleanliness of the streets and parks
7. the school our kids attend
8 12,000 miles away from MIL
9. customer service.
10. Our new house build

love it love it love it
Old Mar 13th 2006, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Untimed local calls! Talk for 2-3 hours, and pay no more than 10p or thereabouts!

I was utterly horrified to discover that British phone companies charge you by the minute! Thought that went out with the dinosaurs!
What, like the banking charges over here
Old Mar 13th 2006, 6:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Having Wallabies, Koalas and Kookaburras in our garden
2. Driving off the beautiful green hillside we live on, and five minutes later reaching the beach.
3. Politeness and non obnoxious confidence of the children I have met so far.
4. The storms are brilliant.
5. After the storms, the sun shines a lot .
6. Sincere or not, chatting to strangers in shops.
7. Fab food.
8. We have had 100% fantastic service so far. Long may it last.
9. We can afford a pool.
10. Stunning countryside, fab coastline

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.