Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Toowoomba - Anyone there?

Toowoomba - Anyone there?

Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice
Default Toowoomba - Anyone there?

Have been in Toowoomba now for ten days with husband and three year old son. He is a Captain in the ADF working out of Oakey. Is there anyone in this area as I am feeling really lonely and homesick at the minute and know it is more to do with not having met anyone yet.

We are living in Middle Ridge in a beautiful house and Toowoomba itself is lovely, just very different from the outskirts of London where we came from.

Thanks
Kat xx
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

LM109 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Toowoomba - Anyone there?

Hi Kat,
Well we are not there yet but are intending to fly out in the New Year
I will definately be up for a coffee and a chat when we arrive.
I'm an Occupational Therapist and I will be working for the Allied Health Team. My OH is a painter and we have an 11 year old son.
I am working for the NHS in Manchester at the moment but will be finishing work on the 17th December. We are all really excited about the move but nervous aswell. How was the flight? and did you get the 'airport flyer' to toowoomba or the greyhound bus? How was the 'bus' ride?
Don't worry you won't be lonely for long
Lisa
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Toowoomba - Anyone there?

Originally Posted by GaryKristensen
Have been in Toowoomba now for ten days with husband and three year old son. He is a Captain in the ADF working out of Oakey. Is there anyone in this area as I am feeling really lonely and homesick at the minute and know it is more to do with not having met anyone yet.

We are living in Middle Ridge in a beautiful house and Toowoomba itself is lovely, just very different from the outskirts of London where we came from.

Thanks
Kat xx
Hi Kat,

We live in Preston near the winery. Our son is at Middle Ridge State School although he's off on his school trip to Sydney and Canberra at the moment.
Off to work in a mo but I'm off work on Thurday and Friday. You'll have to come round for a cup of tea and a chat
Will send you a PM with our phone numbers.

Nicola
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

Thanks very much Nicstids have sent you a PM.

LM109 the flight over was great our son was brilliant. We were met at Brisbane airport by one of my husbands workmates so that was a little easier.

I am a school teacher by trade but summer holidays sre here now.

If you want a friendly face to pick you up at the airport then I would be more than happy to get you save fighting with a bus. Where will you be living?

Kat xx
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Kat,
Not sure where we will be living yet but have an estate agent working on that at the moment. Will be staying in furnished place to start with and then look for a long term rental once we have got our bearings.
Have you gone over on a 457 visa ??? We are on a 457 but will be going for PR asap.
Once I have an address I will PM you with the details. Thanks for the offer of picking us up from the airport but I'm not sure if someone from work is picking us up yet, but might just take you up on the offer.
Look forward to meeting you soon
Lisa x
How old is your son ?
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Cameron is 4 at Christmas, just hope our furniture is not too much longer in customs as all of his birthday and Christmas presents are in it.

We came over as PR due to the nature of husbands job in the army. He started work yesterday so just Cam and I during the day now until I start work at end of Jan and him school.

There seems to be lots of lovely little areas around here to live, where we are is lovely and houses very nice nice size too.

What date is it you fly? Schools seem really good aswell and due to my job it is something I have researched lots.

Kat xx
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi Kat, off work at the moment because I've got a really yucky virus
Feeling utterly retched. Hoping to fly out over new year, maybe landing on the 2nd ish just waiting for a case officer to finalise the visa. All this waiting is killing me.
Which school will you be working at ???
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LM109
Hi Kat,
Well we are not there yet but are intending to fly out in the New Year
I will definately be up for a coffee and a chat when we arrive.
I'm an Occupational Therapist and I will be working for the Allied Health Team. My OH is a painter and we have an 11 year old son.
I am working for the NHS in Manchester at the moment but will be finishing work on the 17th December. We are all really excited about the move but nervous aswell. How was the flight? and did you get the 'airport flyer' to toowoomba or the greyhound bus? How was the 'bus' ride?
Don't worry you won't be lonely for long
Lisa
Hi, I am also from Rochdale and work here as a painter. Have been on thr sunny coast for a year now. Depending on how old you are i may know your husband.Worked for wilfred lord during the 80s and 90s
Regards Raven
Old Dec 1st 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Raven,
Well Tony is from castleton and is probably the same age as you. Where abouts in Rochdale were you from ??? Which schools did you go to etc
What a small world it is
Bet your really missing Rochdale
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Hi Raven,
Well Tony is from castleton and is probably the same age as you. Where abouts in Rochdale were you from ??? Which schools did you go to etc
What a small world it is
Bet your really missing Rochdale
Went to Oulder Hill i am 43 my name is Byron Raven. I also have a bike a Yamaha virago 250 . Juat passed my test so learning to walk before a biggy sometime next year. We also where going to go to Toowoomba as we are on a sirs visa but after visiting the sunny coast we changed our minds and wenr for the latter as much nearer the coast and now live 5 mins from Dicky beach. Have you been to Toowoomba before ? It is much different to Rochdale. Anyway let me know if i can help with any questions you may have. Regards
Raven
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

hannahj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

Im moving to Toowoomba in the new year to work as an occupational therapist.

Would love to chat 2 ppl about move and meet up wen i get there

Hannah xx
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hannahj
Hey,

Im moving to Toowoomba in the new year to work as an occupational therapist.

Would love to chat 2 ppl about move and meet up wen i get there

Hannah xx
Hi Hannah,
I'm going to be working in toowoomba as an OT, where are you working at the moment and where will you be working over there??????
I currently work in north manchester and will be working with the rural allied health team.
Lisa x
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Hi Hannah,
I'm going to be working in toowoomba as an OT, where are you working at the moment and where will you be working over there??????
I currently work in north manchester and will be working with the rural allied health team.
Lisa x
Hi Lisa,

I'm going as a graduate, I'm going to be working at Ballie Henderson hospital, mental health. Living in Carlisle at the moment. Have you applied for your COTRB reg?? Did you have an interview in Manchester??

Hannah xx
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hannahj
Hi Lisa,

I'm going as a graduate, I'm going to be working at Ballie Henderson hospital, mental health. Living in Carlisle at the moment. Have you applied for your COTRB reg?? Did you have an interview in Manchester??

Hannah xx
Hi Hannah,
This is getting spooky !!!!
I will be working with the rural allied health team which is community out reach. The team office is (I think) based at the Baille Henderson Hospital, how spooky is that !!!
I've worked for the NHS for a few years and will finish work mid december. Have you done any work over here or hve you only just graduated ??? Do you have any family going with you??? do you know anyone over there?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Lisa,

No havn't been working, qualified in June and got Oz job same month so aint looked for a job here although could have had many months experience by now!!

I'm not going with family, have just split with my oh as he decided he didn't want to go. Someone I trained with from Ireland is going to be working there aswell so we are hoping to go at the same time.

Will be great to know other UK ot's out there

Are you excited?? cos i've had mixed feelings!!

Hannah xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.