Toowoomba

Old May 2nd 2006, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold
Question Toowoomba

anyone already in Toowoomba spent 2 days there in feb hoping to be there permanent in oct nov . is there many expats out there already
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:26 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Toowoomba

Originally Posted by raven
anyone already in Toowoomba spent 2 days there in feb hoping to be there permanent in oct nov . is there many expats out there already
Hello

Get in touch with Nickstids, they are nearby in a place called Preston.

Send them a PM.

Rich
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raven
Hi,

As Rich says, we've been out here permanently since February, living near Preston Peak Winery, about 7km south of the town. There are quite a few expats here despite Brisnick's best afforts to put people off
We love it here

If you want any other details PM me and I'd be happy to help.

Nicola
Old May 2nd 2006, 11:02 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

Lol. I may have a vendetta against Toowoomba, but everything I've said is based around real experiences, not that others cannot have different experiences. Living 7km out of tiny Toowoomba is probably why you love it - it's not really Toowoomba (and thank your lucky stars!!).

But as I always say, there is positives about Toowoomba, the Spotted Cow..... and that's about it

Originally Posted by Nicstids
Hi,

As Rich says, we've been out here permanently since February, living near Preston Peak Winery, about 7km south of the town. There are quite a few expats here despite Brisnick's best afforts to put people off
We love it here

If you want any other details PM me and I'd be happy to help.

Nicola
Old May 3rd 2006, 12:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Toomoomba is redneck central. Home of the "nigger" brown stand at at Toowoomba Athletic Oval.

Locals don't see anything wrong with using the "N" word.

"Well, as a term of racial abuse, "nigger" is probably one of the worst. But is it acceptable when it's also a hero athlete's name, or at least part of his nick-name? That's the argument that's taking place in Queensland over the name of a grandstand at Toowoomba Athletic Oval. It's called the E.S. Nigger-Brown Stand. This has drawn outrage from many and a complaint to the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission."

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/stories/s40345.htm
Old May 3rd 2006, 12:38 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth
Toomoomba is redneck central. Home of the "nigger" brown stand at at Toowoomba Athletic Oval.

Locals don't see anything wrong with using the "N" word.

"Well, as a term of racial abuse, "nigger" is probably one of the worst. But is it acceptable when it's also a hero athlete's name, or at least part of his nick-name? That's the argument that's taking place in Queensland over the name of a grandstand at Toowoomba Athletic Oval. It's called the E.S. Nigger-Brown Stand. This has drawn outrage from many and a complaint to the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission."

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/stories/s40345.htm
Having just read that article, it sounds about the Australian way, seeing that he had fair skin and blonde hair !!

Probably like the story of the 2 Australian men who first wandered up to the top of the highest hill outside Adelaide and decided to name it "Mount Lofty".

.. and the "Snowy" mountains - some more great initiative there.

Jim
Old May 3rd 2006, 12:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Having just read that article, it sounds about the Australian way, seeing that he had fair skin and blonde hair !!

Probably like the story of the 2 Australian men who first wandered up to the top of the highest hill outside Adelaide and decided to name it "Mount Lofty".

.. and the "Snowy" mountains - some more great initiative there.

Jim
Not quite, in the "olden" days nigger brown was a colour just like cherry red or sky blue.

You get snow on the Snowy Mountains don't you? aren't there ski resorts there?
Old May 3rd 2006, 12:52 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth
Not quite, in the "olden" days nigger brown was a colour just like cherry red or sky blue.

You get snow on the Snowy Mountains don't you? aren't there ski resorts there?

...yeah but........ and I suppose its easier to remember than Mount Kosiousko, which many of us, including me, can't remember to spell correctly.