Wikiposts

Toowoomba

Old May 25th 2005, 3:32 am
Just Joined

Karenp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Toowoomba

Hi Julie

I think that all sounds lovely. We would also rent first to find our feet etc.

You are right -it is expensive. We are attending a business seminar as well while out there so trying to turn it into a business / investigative trip. The costs mount up very quickly. The costs for moving mount up too don't they? Are you taking a container or starting from scratch - new stuff for your new house.

So our overall plans for July are to arrive in Sydney and go to the seminar. Fly to Brisbane (friends of ours have just moved back there) and spend a few days with them and obviously go toToowoomba for a few days. Then we will go back to Sydney where my cousin will fetch us and take us to Orange (at the foot of the Blue Mountains) I am really looking forward to that as my cousins have had kids that I haven't even met yet!! And then back to Sydney and back to the UK. Oz is sooooooooo vast that there is no way we could do or see more on our budget or time frame of just over 2 weeks (incl the LONG flights).

What visa are you going on? And if you don't mind me asking how old are you guys? We are both 30, will be 31 in Aug and Sept respectively.

Anyway, that's me for now.

Cheers

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
Hi Karen, No we have not found a builder yet. We are in the very early stages so we wont deicde on those thngs until we actually move there. We will be renting a property at first until our house has been built. Everything is a bit up in the air at the moment.

I have looked at different builders web sites within the area at the type of designs I like but thats about as far as I have got for now. I have been looking at different homes just to give me ideas for what I want when I get there.

We just know that we want a house built from scratch and as you say it is very excitng. We would never be able to afford to have this done in England so its a huge exciting project for me and it should keep me busy for a while .

I am sure you will love it when you go in July and you will have to let me know what it was like when you get back . We are not 100% sure if we will visit in November because it is so expensive and we need as much money as we can get our hands on for the big move so we will just have to see how we go on.

My friend in Oz has sent me a property newspaper in the post which I received yesterday and that has been really helpful to me and it is really exciting getting a paper all the way from Oz

What are your plans for when you go in July? Are you going to visit various places? Where are you going to stay?
Julie
Old May 25th 2005, 3:41 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toowoomba

[QUOTE=Karenp]Hi Julie

I think that all sounds lovely. We would also rent first to find our feet etc.

You are right -it is expensive. We are attending a business seminar as well while out there so trying to turn it into a business / investigative trip. The costs mount up very quickly. The costs for moving mount up too don't they? Are you taking a container or starting from scratch - new stuff for your new house.

So our overall plans for July are to arrive in Sydney and go to the seminar. Fly to Brisbane (friends of ours have just moved back there) and spend a few days with them and obviously go toToowoomba for a few days. Then we will go back to Sydney where my cousin will fetch us and take us to Orange (at the foot of the Blue Mountains) I am really looking forward to that as my cousins have had kids that I haven't even met yet!! And then back to Sydney and back to the UK. Oz is sooooooooo vast that there is no way we could do or see more on our budget or time frame of just over 2 weeks (incl the LONG flights).

What visa are you going on? And if you don't mind me asking how old are you guys? We are both 30, will be 31 in Aug and Sept respectively.

Anyway, that's me for now.

Cheers [/QUOTE

Hi Karen, we will probably buy new furniture when we get there because it is a new start after all (thats my excuse and Im sticking to it )

It is all VERY expensive indeed but hopefully it will be all worth it in the long run. I am sure you will have a fantastic time when you get there and you will get lots done on the 2 weeks that you are there.

Funnily enough, as I was reading your reply I was wondering how old you guys were and you have asked the queston I will be 26 this year and hubby is 28.

Where do you live at the moment?
Julie