Tools

Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:58 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default Tools

Hi all this is Matt Lisa's OH.
Can anyone give me any advice on shipping all my tools over inc power tools, work bench, impact tools etc. What is the best thing to clean them all with and does anyone know if all power tools will work once plugs are swapped.
A friend of a friend who moved to NZ said they had to pay some sort of tax on all his tools is this true for OZ as I have not heard of anything like this before.

Thanks all.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tools

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
Can anyone give me any advice on shipping all my tools over inc power tools, work bench, impact tools etc. What is the best thing to clean them all with and does anyone know if all power tools will work once plugs are swapped.
A friend of a friend who moved to NZ said they had to pay some sort of tax on all his tools is this true for OZ as I have not heard of anything like this before.

Thanks all.
is this about rabbits again ?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
rabbits that plug into the mains?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:36 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future

Thanks all.
Reading this thread with interest (wife would love to know about the rabbit situation) as for the tools mine are being shipped out with household goods no mention of any taxes, our container is going before us so when we get there goods and tools can go into storage (tools i will collect from storage) I am using extension leads with the plugs changed until such a time i get around to changing all plugs, as long as your tools are 240v you will have no problems, (dont know how you go about pat testing 110v for vsite work. Hope this helps a bit I'll let you know in 4 weeks
Dave
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:31 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daveplumber
Reading this thread with interest (wife would love to know about the rabbit situation) as for the tools mine are being shipped out with household goods no mention of any taxes, our container is going before us so when we get there goods and tools can go into storage (tools i will collect from storage) I am using extension leads with the plugs changed until such a time i get around to changing all plugs, as long as your tools are 240v you will have no problems, (dont know how you go about pat testing 110v for vsite work. Hope this helps a bit I'll let you know in 4 weeks
Dave
Cheers for that thanks.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:32 pm
Lisa

Lisa here.
You lot are just mucky
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

LisaD_uk

there is no Tax on tools at all, once you change the plugs to 10amp australian they all work fine on 240v. bring all your tools mate every last one

arthur electrician in melbourne
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all.
Make sure any tools with tiniest bit of rusk are wd40'd to stop them getting worse during the journey. As someone else said too, bring them all
xxx
Old Jul 14th 2007, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

I scrubbed all my power tools, they look almost new.

As for hand tools, I loaded them all in the dishwasher - they came out a treat, ( and have a lovely lemmony scent )
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

THE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the roughTHE TURNER CLAN is a jewel in the rough

Was there a thread on rabbits? Must have missed that one!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:18 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by THE TURNER CLAN
Was there a thread on rabbits? Must have missed that one!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465850
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:51 am
Lisa

Thanks for all the replys everyone. I'm sure he will give them a good clean until they are gleaming.

As for the rabbits you lot as i said your all mucky.
I'm going to an Ann summers party in a few weeks looks like I better stock up before we go(opps too much information)
Old Jul 14th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

HYA matt, andy is taking most of his on the plane,think in the hold so that he has them from day one,my BIL did this, phoned the airline and was told to put them all in a suitable container ,tape it all up and then open it and show wot you have at airport and then you have to tape it all up again , but remember to bring your own tape as they dont offer it to you.

any more questions remember to ask us at the meet x

kels x
Old Jul 14th 2007, 4:56 pm
Lisa

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
HYA matt, andy is taking most of his on the plane,think in the hold so that he has them from day one,my BIL did this, phoned the airline and was told to put them all in a suitable container ,tape it all up and then open it and show wot you have at airport and then you have to tape it all up again , but remember to bring your own tape as they dont offer it to you.

any more questions remember to ask us at the meet x

kels x
Cheers hun will chat tmrw
Old Jul 14th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

ok see you tomoz x

kels x