tools

Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:03 pm
pools mad

chrisg28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tools

Hi
Just a question to all you trades men and women out there will you be taking your tools with you or buying new?

Iam a mechanical fitter and as a lot of my tools are quite heavy I think I would be better off looking to buy new.

Any one got any info on tool prices and best places to buy.
We are hoping to go to Melbourne.

Thanks Chris.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tools

Hello Chris

I shipped my tools over here. I only brought the good ones you know decent socket set, allan keys, spanners, verniers and such like.

You pay about the same price for decent gear over here.

We payed 145 pounds to bring 7 boxes out this included tools, records, clothes and other personal gear. We shipped them out through Teeside.

145 pounds you'll pay that for a decent socket set.

Hope this helps.

Keel

PS I thought tradesmen in Hartlepool only used hammers and saws. You can't need that many tools to build a gallows.

Originally posted by chrisg28
Hi
Just a question to all you trades men and women out there will you be taking your tools with you or buying new?

Iam a mechanical fitter and as a lot of my tools are quite heavy I think I would be better off looking to buy new.

Thanks Chris.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 11:12 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

same here...........taking all my decent hand tools only !

like you say , a small part of my kit will cover the cost of shipping.

all the best plum
Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:29 pm
pools mad

chrisg28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks for the reply,

I have been serching the net this afternoon following your reply lots to think about and choose from regarding shipping but I am unable to find any from teeside.
If you have the time is there any chance you could send me a bit of info on who you have used so I can contact them.
My gallow making instruments meen so much as you get attached to them over the years and I would like to take them with me.

Kind regards Chris

(monkey hanging fitter)
Old Jun 19th 2004, 8:26 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

we will be taking all our gear and was told on here that if its good gear clean it and bring it,was working near liverpool and the lads said dont waste your money a good manc only needs a vice and a reamer for doing gun barrels,now thats cheek coming from scousers. good set of lads thou,but in general if its a good make take it
Old Jun 19th 2004, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Hi

Thanks Chris.
chris, when you are shipping items across to oz the price is determined on cubic capacity not weight. expect to pay in the region of £3.50-£4.50 per cubic foot.

andy
Old Jun 19th 2004, 10:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks Chris.

If it's of any use, hubby is intending to take his bloody great compressor with him. I have drawn the line at the 1920's metal lathe tho. That or the sofa - what do you reckon!.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by keel
Hello Chris

I shipped my tools over here. I only brought the good ones you know decent socket set, allan keys, spanners, verniers and such like.

You pay about the same price for decent gear over here.

We payed 145 pounds to bring 7 boxes out this included tools, records, clothes and other personal gear. We shipped them out through Teeside.

145 pounds you'll pay that for a decent socket set.

Hope this helps.

Keel

PS I thought tradesmen in Hartlepool only used hammers and saws. You can't need that many tools to build a gallows.

Hi Keel

£145 for 7 boxes? What soze were the boxes and who did you use?

Cheers
Dave
Old Jun 20th 2004, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Chris only to willing to help.
It was a company from Hexham but the ship sailed from Teeside.

Inter Global Forwarding
Global house
Bridge End
Hexham
Northumberland
Ne46 4dq
Tel 01434 609688
Email [email protected]

We used 7 boxes (supplied by them) in total it was one sq metre and they did not specify any weight restriction so long as the boxes could be lifted.

And Chris a word of warning ther're very hot on people smuggling dissasembled wooden gallows in luggage unless it's been treated for pests. It's always on the news here about tourists from Hartlepool being searched by customs, ther're very thourogh.

Dave I'm sorry but I think it maybe a bit to far from Northumberland to Essex to pick your gear up but you nevre know.

Keel

Hi
Thanks for the reply,

I have been serching the net this afternoon following your reply lots to think about and choose from regarding shipping but I am unable to find any from teeside.
If you have the time is there any chance you could send me a bit of info on who you have used so I can contact them.
My gallow making instruments meen so much as you get attached to them over the years and I would like to take them with me.

Kind regards Chris

(monkey hanging fitter)
Old Jun 20th 2004, 12:37 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally posted by moneypen20
If it's of any use, hubby is intending to take his bloody great compressor with him. I have drawn the line at the 1920's metal lathe tho. That or the sofa - what do you reckon!.
Send the lathe, you can allway's get a new sofa!

bye
Mark
Old Jun 20th 2004, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by markeh
Send the lathe, you can allway's get a new sofa!

bye
Mark

Aye take the lathe, get your priorities right.

Keel
Old Jun 20th 2004, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks Chris.

I was wondering the same thing, as I have stacks, a lot of it good stuff.
I was thinking of sending the stuff out with the household bits in the container and just taking a few essentials for when I first get there.

What I have been told is to make sure everything is spotless, as they can confiscate them or charge a cleaning fee if they are too dirty.

Mine will be pretty clean though
Old Jun 20th 2004, 3:30 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks Chris.
Sent you a PM Mate, us hairy arse fitters need to stick together!
Old Jun 20th 2004, 3:38 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Dicko
I was wondering the same thing, as I have stacks, a lot of it good stuff.
I was thinking of sending the stuff out with the household bits in the container and just taking a few essentials for when I first get there.

What I have been told is to make sure everything is spotless, as they can confiscate them or charge a cleaning fee if they are too dirty.

Mine will be pretty clean though

Hiya Dicko,

I know that one of the optionw was to bung the tools in the dish washer (not electrical though ) to clean them.

Good for spanners and the like. Easier than cleaning by hand.
Just don't let the wife see you

Bye
Mark
Old Jun 20th 2004, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

where were all you tradesmen when I needed you? Have you read the " In defence of accountants thread " and the
"bad things about Aus" thread?