have you thought about buying land and building a kithome
0%
definitely....house prices will drop
31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

too soon to buy a house?

Old May 11th 2004, 11:10 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Question too soon to buy a house?

Hi,

we've been here nearly four months now. We have put found a house we like, but who thinks it is too soon to buy?
Old May 11th 2004, 11:32 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously it is too soon for you if you feel unsure enough to ask us mangy lot

Go with the heart is all i can say. Gut feelings are the best. Good luck
Old May 11th 2004, 11:57 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: too soon to buy a house?

Originally posted by banjo
Hi,

we've been here nearly four months now. We have put found a house we like, but who thinks it is too soon to buy?
It does depend on the area that you are looking at.

Some areas are dropping, other areas are continuing to climb. You need to study YOUR area, and try to make an informed decision. Not easy, I agree

A nephew, in my area, is just buying a new house, and he has had to offer $15k above the asking price to get it. He will soon be selling his old one, (not that old either )

Old May 12th 2004, 12:10 am
rudo1ph

I guess you have to go with what you in your heart feel is right. We found and moved into our home within five weeks of arriving here and have no regrets.

Good luck

Rudi

Old May 12th 2004, 12:25 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: too soon to buy a house?

Originally posted by banjo
Hi,

If it is the right house at the right price for you get it. Who is to say that street in that suburb will drop in value or go up in value. A house is worth what you are willing to pay.
Old May 12th 2004, 2:09 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

We have only been here 11 weeks but for me to feel totally settled I can't wait to get into our own home. We are in the process of buying. So I don't think its too soon. We have only just secured employment aswell.

If the house is right go for it.

Jo
Old May 12th 2004, 3:10 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

If you're asking that question , I think you are not 100% sure if the house is right for you.

When we looking at houses, we must have looked at hundreds of them. There was this one particular property that we did put in an offer for, as soon as I put the offer in.. I had doubts, and realised that this house was not really what I wanted. So we withdrew our offer about two hours later ( we didn't sign anything).
We literally took around two years to find something we both 100% liked. I'm the type of person I know what I want when I see it... and if I have doubts - then it isn't for me.It's all or nothing.

Anyway, about two weeks after we nearly bought that house, we were out driving going to see yet a another house .. took a wrong turning .. got lost in other words.. and we came across a lone plot of land for sale backing onto bush . with a real estate sign up. As soon as we both saw it.. we fell in love with it. No doubts.. phoned the estate agents up, and put in an offer there and then, offer was accepted the next day ... signed the contract the very next day..

what I'm trying to say if you are genuinely asking that question because you are unsure what to do , I think that you maybe having some doubts about the house you've found... and maybe the house isn't 100% right for you. You'll know when you've found the right one.

Nobody can answer your question for you - only you can do that. As for house prices, who knows? I haven't got a clue about your area, and I don't know if you're offering above or below what the property is really worth.
Old May 12th 2004, 9:43 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We've been here 12 weeks and move into the house we've bought next week. We didnt intend to buy so quickly but found a house that was perfect for us within our budget so decided we'd go for it. I dont have any doubts at this stage, though before we'd bought I felt fairly anxious about the increase in house prices in case we got priced out of the area.
Old May 12th 2004, 10:46 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

thanks for the advice folks. We both love the house but some other expats we know who have been here two years said it was too early to buy.....so we wondered whether maybe it was.

We'll go ahead I think.