Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Too old for a visa???

Too old for a visa???

Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

harveylegg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Too old for a visa???

Hi, just a quick question has anyone encountered any age restrictions on applying for visa/ pr. I am now 43 and my wife is 44 and we are hopefully aiming to move in mid 2008, age limits allowing???Mark and Sandie
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Too old for a visa???

Originally Posted by harveylegg
Hi, just a quick question has anyone encountered any age restrictions on applying for visa/ pr. I am now 43 and my wife is 44 and we are hopefully aiming to move in mid 2008, age limits allowing???Mark and Sandie
I was in same boat .you must have your visa lodged before your 45 birthday. mines went in march this year 45 in may going on 136 skills visa as i am a nurse.
Had medicals Friday police check to be posted tomorrow. then hopefully in 40 days news of visa!!!
we use an agent and started skills visa in Oct last year this all takes time but managed to get full visa application in weeks before .
so if your serious start collating all your necessary paper work now.

which visa do you think you apply for and where you thinking of going??

Sharon
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

harveylegg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sharon45
I was in same boat .you must have your visa lodged before your 45 birthday. mines went in march this year 45 in may going on 136 skills visa as i am a nurse.
Had medicals Friday police check to be posted tomorrow. then hopefully in 40 days news of visa!!!
we use an agent and started skills visa in Oct last year this all takes time but managed to get full visa application in weeks before .

Sharon
Hi Sharon in answer to your question.....mmmmmmmmmmm? I am a staff nurse and my wife is looking to get some child care qualification before going.Not sure where we are heading, NSW, Victoria, some one mentioned Geelong.But in all honesty we are aiming to holiday 3 weeks next summer and use it to check out our location? I need somewhere not to tropical, with a reasonable hospital and school, not to live in a city. Is that asking to much?????? Do you think we should apply for our visa now before holidaying nxt year, because of the age thing.
thanks Mark and Sandy
Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by harveylegg
Hi Sharon in answer to your question.....mmmmmmmmmmm? I am a staff nurse and my wife is looking to get some child care qualification before going.Not sure where we are heading, NSW, Victoria, some one mentioned Geelong.But in all honesty we are aiming to holiday 3 weeks next summer and use it to check out our location? I need somewhere not to tropical, with a reasonable hospital and school, not to live in a city. Is that asking to much?????? Do you think we should apply for our visa now before holidaying nxt year, because of the age thing.
thanks Mark and Sandy
Hi Mark,
you will need to start by getting your skills assessed that was what took the time to get transcripts all previous employment references .
(they need every little detail) like when you started .what your duties were. what your salary was etc .these all need to be certified by a solicitor along with multiple copies of birth cert,marriage certs, qualifications etc.

You must have these skills assess and verified that they are suitable for immigration before lodging main application. well that the way Ive had to do it through an agent .
I went through an agent because of my age just to make sure i didnt balls it up and ruin my one and only chance.

it has cost us about £2000 ooverr and above what we would have paid for visa application, but i see it as worth it because you dont get a second bite if you fail.

hope this helps.

we are going for a reccie if our visa is granted to get a feel for the areas as well A bit too scared just to bite the bullet and go.

Hubby would go now if given half the chance just wants to be a beach bum

Me being the sensible one need sto be orginised as well needing to see my daughter whos engaged settled before we leave.

I wish she was coming with us but she waas working when we applied and would not get with us on our visa.

She hopefully come out for her 1yr gap.

Sharon
Old Jul 30th 2006, 5:42 pm
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point

Sharon
Hi Sharon

Can I ask you, does lodged mean the day they receive it, sign for courier? or is it when they take payment.

Sent ours off on the 7th of July was signed for 4 days later and OH is 45 on the 31st :scared:

We left it very late as took us longer than we thought to get everything done (didn't use an agent).

We have heard nothing yet and CC has not been debited, so as you can imagine I am are starting to panic now.

OH is not worried at all as his interpretation is that it WAS lodged before his 45th birthday, but I am still a tad worried, thought they would have debited CC by now.

136 MODL

Cheers

J
Old Jul 30th 2006, 6:10 pm
BuggerMan

The Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by conat
Hi Sharon

Can I ask you, does lodged mean the day they receive it, sign for courier? or is it when they take payment.

Sent ours off on the 7th of July was signed for 4 days later and OH is 45 on the 31st :scared:

We left it very late as took us longer than we thought to get everything done (didn't use an agent).

We have heard nothing yet and CC has not been debited, so as you can imagine I am are starting to panic now.

OH is not worried at all as his interpretation is that it WAS lodged before his 45th birthday, but I am still a tad worried, thought they would have debited CC by now.

136 MODL

Cheers

J

Well, if it was signed off on the 11th of July then that is the day they received it. Don't worry, the age limit is not going to stop you from getting a visa.

Erik the Sheikh of the Saudi Arabia of Scandinavia
Old Jul 30th 2006, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sharon

136 MODL

Cheers

J
Yes i think as long as it has been signed for before your Oh birthday it should be ok.

I was at emigrate exhibition and all the agents including the people from immigration said that 45 is the cut off for skills visa. if you where to get sponsored the age is not a problem..
Old Jul 30th 2006, 7:35 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Now this maybe absolute rubbish, but i thought nurses could apply up to age 48 , but not sure which type of visa.

Like youselves we are just scraping in , will be approaching 43 when we get there, hopefully we will have our skilled imm, soon, get to it, it takes alot of time and patience
Old Jul 30th 2006, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Now this maybe absolute rubbish, but i thought nurses could apply up to age 48 , but not sure which type of visa.

Like youselves we are just scraping in , will be approaching 43 when we get there, hopefully we will have our skilled imm, soon, get to it, it takes alot of time and patience
yeah only if you've a job and get sponsored

Sharon
Old Jul 30th 2006, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Sharon
Hi Sharon

We are in Forfar too. Did you use Dundee for your meds - and if so how long did you have to book them in advance.

Cheers Scotschick
Old Jul 30th 2006, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

Yes i think as long as it has been signed for before your Oh birthday it should be ok.

I was at emigrate exhibition and all the agents including the people from immigration said that 45 is the cut off for skills visa. if you where to get sponsored the age is not a problem..
Thanks, just had a bit of panic attack today, more ok with it now. I have not thought about it much before, but it sort of just hit me today, saying to oh,"OMG your 45 tomorrow" and cc not been debited yet.

Margaret we thought the age for nurses was 48 too, but since found out as Sharon says only STNI.

Cheers everyone
Old Jul 30th 2006, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Hi Sharon

We are in Forfar too. Did you use Dundee for your meds - and if so how long did you have to book them in advance.

Cheers Scotschick
hye scotschick small world.

Yes we went to fernbrae for Xrays and Dr ogilve at Ryehill 45 later total amount for me was £225 and hubby and son £ 185 each mine was deare as im a nurse and need extra bloods. went well so hopefully not long now.

where are you in Forfar?

we should meet and compare notes over coffees. PM me with your details.

Sharon
Old Jul 30th 2006, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Norwegian
Well, if it was signed off on the 11th of July then that is the day they received it. Don't worry, the age limit is not going to stop you from getting a visa.

Erik the Sheikh of the Saudi Arabia of Scandinavia
Thank you Erik, fingers crossed then X
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, just had a bit of panic attack today, more ok with it now. I have not thought about it much before, but it sort of just hit me today, saying to oh,"OMG your 45 tomorrow" and cc not been debited yet.

Margaret we thought the age for nurses was 48 too, but since found out as Sharon says only STNI.

Cheers everyone
this was from my intital assessment report for agent .

hope this helps.

Sharon should act as main applicant
Note that you MUST lodge the visa application stage before your 45th birthday
There is no need to have Richard skills assessed (also saves costs) as you have the benefit of bonus MODL points as Nurse
Expected processing time for your specific visa
Old Jul 31st 2006, 10:26 am
Account Closed

this was from my intital assessment report for agent .

hope this helps.

Sharon should act as main applicant
Note that you MUST lodge the visa application stage before your 45th birthday
There is no need to have Richard skills assessed (also saves costs) as you have the benefit of bonus MODL points as Nurse
Expected processing time for your specific visa
Thanks Sharon

LODGED being day they receive it Had this awful feeling yesterday that it would not be officially lodged until payment was taken.

Thanks for clearing it up...panic over..for now

Jackie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.