Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Too Much Stress!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhh!!

Too Much Stress!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhh!!

Old Jun 7th 2005, 4:15 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice
Angry Too Much Stress!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhh!!

We are still waiting to hear that we have got our visas even though every week our agent keeps saying 'it will next week i'm sure.....' = STRESS 1

Andy & I at each other throats for any silly thing due to STRESS 1 = STRESS 2

Good news though, we have a buyer for our restaurant - Hooray!! We have 8 years left on the lease and they have said they can only go ahead with the sale if we could negotiate an increase on the lease. No problem?? Surely the landlord will be happy to do so as this will mean an income for him???

But, today we get a letter from said landlord to say that he will be happy to increase the lease to 21 years (only!) for £75,000 - WHAT?? :scared: He's having a laugh surely?? = STRESS 3

Oh, and on top of that, the rent review is due in August and he wants an extra £8,000 a year in rent = STRESS 4

I do not think I can take much more!!!!

Has anyone else had problems with a greedy landlord??

Jayne
Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:40 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Too Much Stress!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhh!!

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
We are still waiting to hear that we have got our visas even though every week our agent keeps saying 'it will next week i'm sure.....' = STRESS 1

Good news though, we have a buyer for our restaurant - Hooray!! We have 8 years left on the lease and they have said they can only go ahead with the sale if we could negotiate an increase on the lease. No problem?? Surely the landlord will be happy to do so as this will mean an income for him???

But, today we get a letter from said landlord to say that he will be happy to increase the lease to 21 years (only!) for £75,000 - WHAT?? :scared: He's having a laugh surely?? = STRESS 3

Oh, and on top of that, the rent review is due in August and he wants an extra £8,000 a year in rent = STRESS 4

Jayne
B#####DS...! now that you really dont need eh...sorry to hear it...
Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:59 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about your stresses, sent you some k to help
Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

What a nightmare. Hope everything turns out right for you. Have sent you some good luck karma

Tracey
Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute

sent you a pm
Mick & Georgina
Old Jun 7th 2005, 10:24 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Jayne
Why not do the right thing, invite the landlord round for a meal on the house, then go overboard with the arsenic, or if you don't want a criminal record, spit in his soup!!!! :scared:
ViVi
Old Jun 7th 2005, 11:14 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Jayne
Jayne, You should seek professional advice from either a solicitor experienced in property matters or a Chartered Surveyor experienced in rent reviews. Your local yellow pages can help with contact details

It all depends how your lease is worded, usually rent reviews are capped to a certain level.

Did you use a solicitor or surveyor when signing lease in the first place?

Thanks

Jonathan
Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute

Jayne
We may have a few suprises to come because we are also selling a leasehold.We had a solictor check our lease and gaurantees us that we can{or who ever has the lease} extend it when it expires.It is protected by some Act from 1954.Check your clauses so if you do not have to extend it could save both parties money..8yrs is still quite a long lease.

If you feel the rent review is unfair then you can get an arbitrator but you will have to pay these costs.Keep your head up you will get through.When you bought the lease you would have paid the premium then for fixtures and fitting,goodwill and lease.He cannot ask for another premium...you bought his business.

If you can run a restaurant stress is second to none!!

Good Luck

Mick