Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Too hot to wear makeup?

Too hot to wear makeup?

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future
Default Too hot to wear makeup?

Hi.

Im hoping to move to Cairns (Queensland) and my mom said to me yesterday,

"you'll have to get used to not wearing makeup...it'll be too hot to wear makeup!"

Arghhhhhh. Is there anyone out there who can verify that my mom is wrong??!! Surely people in Australia wear makeup!!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Too hot to wear makeup?

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
Hi.

"you'll have to get used to not wearing makeup...it'll be too hot to wear makeup!"

Arghhhhhh. Is there anyone out there who can verify that my mom is wrong??!! Surely people in Australia wear makeup!!
Your mum has a point, but she is wrong too. I wear make-up here in Perth, even when it's in the 40's
The young girls are caked in the stuff.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:58 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Hi.

Plenty of people wear make-up here in Cairns....don't worry
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

I use Bare Escentials...don't know whether you can get it in Aus. Application takes a bit of getting used to...it takes longer to apply than normal make up. It leaves skin feeling dry not sticky like liquid and cream make up do. It's great for younger people with problem skin because it doesn't clog the pores.

http://www.bareminerals.com/on/deman...=KNC-GPS-Brand
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I use Bare Escentials...don't know whether you can get it in Aus. Application takes a bit of getting used to...it takes longer to apply than normal make up. It leaves skin feeling dry not sticky like liquid and cream make up do. It's great for younger people with problem skin because it doesn't clog the pores.

http://www.bareminerals.com/on/deman...=KNC-GPS-Brand
Just looked on the link! - it looks really good. Dont think they sell it in UK and they dont appear to be able to deliver over seas.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just looked on the link! - it looks really good. Dont think they sell it in UK and they dont appear to be able to deliver over seas.
They sell it in Selfridges.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

Your mum hasn't been to Queensland I take it?
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
They sell it in Selfridges.
Ooo. Thats useful to know!! Thanks. Might have to check it out close up!!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Your mum hasn't been to Queensland I take it?
No-one in my family (me included) has visited australia before!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No-one in my family (me included) has visited australia before!
I would say that the same percentage of people wear make-up here as at home, so don't worry
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

jazmin is an unknown quantity at this point

ive just moved to cairns and people said exactly the same to me lol, i still wear the same make up i wore back home its only when its really hot u dont really feel like wearing alot of foundation and that but your be fine dont worry
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

You should be fine, just try not to cake yourself in foundation because with that and the heat over here your pores will block and may start getting spotty.
x
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Hi,

Quite a few major cosmetic companies have their own brand of mineral based make up now, think Clinique has too.

Have only been here just over a week so will probably have to adjust skin care/suncream as I need to. I've got very pale skin. I've just started using Clinique City Block (think that's the name) this is like a foundation/tinted moisturiser with an SPF of 30+, so no need for suncream too hopefully. When it gets into summer I'll be putting P20 underneath my make up as well, just in case as I don't want to end up with sunburn.

Up to now I've just used a bog standard suncream SPF 30 on my arms/legs etc this seems to have worked.

Thanks.

M
Old Nov 4th 2008, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Hi.

There may be no scientific basis for your mum's theory. But today the makeup would have melted off me if I had bothered applying any. Bloooooooooooody hell it's hot.

Can you tell it's my first summer here?
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:19 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

I wear my make up all season`s except summer then i use st tropeze fake tan its better 4 ur skin in summer because foundation will block ur pores try it but exfoliate b4 using it i put in on every morning with a tanning mitt .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.