Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tony Blair wins a 3rd Term

Wikiposts

Tony Blair wins a 3rd Term

Old May 5th 2005, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tony Blair wins a 3rd Term

Well According to those watching closely on the Cpfc bbs, Tony Blair, has won a 3rd term in office, with a much reduced majority. Does this affect anyones decision to Migrate. Are the Tories really that Impotent these days ?

Is there also a possibilty that there will be a strong(ish) moslim party coming out in 4 years time ?
Old May 5th 2005, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tony Blair wins a 3rd Term

Croydon, has stayed labour,

and the Lib Dem's vote has collapsed across the country.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it amazing the way the BBCs website is always unavailable at critical times!

Just tried logging on to it, and its down. They really should get a few more servers in to deal with peak demand times.

Anyway, I was watching BBC world, and going by their exit polls, lib dems are at 22%, and gaining quite a few seats from labour, not exactly a 'collapse'.

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 5th 2005, 10:23 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Croydon, has stayed labour,

and the Lib Dem's vote has collapsed across the country.
I wasnt aware that Allison Dubois was a member of this site. Currently only one constituency has declared its count, namely Sunderland, which Labour won. (Current time 22.20 GMT)

For people wanting to keep abreast of the results as they come in go here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...05/default.stm
Old May 5th 2005, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

View via here JTL, got people watching in all corners of britain, including scotland and wales, posting local results and views.

Debating that LIB Dem thing right now...

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.ph...5&pagenumber=4

They will stay on it for the next 3 hours at least.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:24 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Isn't it amazing the way the BBCs website is always unavailable at critical times!

Just tried logging on to it, and its down. They really should get a few more servers in to deal with peak demand times.

Anyway, I was watching BBC world, and going by their exit polls, lib dems are at 22%, and gaining quite a few seats from labour, not exactly a 'collapse'.

Cheers,
JTL
Working OK for me. I have got the ticker running on my desktop. Sunderland is in as a labour hold.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
I wasnt aware that Allison Dubois was a member of this site. Currently only one constituency has declared its count, namely Sunderland, which Labour won. (Current time 22.20 GMT)

For people wanting to keep abreast of the results as they come in go here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...05/default.stm

Exit polls in croydon pointing heavily that way, this is where most of these people are based.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:25 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ozzieeagle]Well According to those watching closely on the Cpfc bbs, Tony Blair, has won a 3rd term in office, with a much reduced majority.

Right, that's it! I'm emigrating!

Does this affect anyones decision to Migrate. Are the Tories really that Impotent these days ?

Read the News of the World on a Sunday - you can always get the latest low down on the sex life of Tory MP'S. They seem to be performing well enough.

Is there also a possibilty that there will be a strong(ish) moslim party coming out in 4 years time ?
Great! They can grapple with the Tories.

Sorry, Ozzie - no sensible answers tonight. I am so bored with listening to all the drivel from politicians! Thank God it's nearly over.

Nicky
Old May 5th 2005, 10:28 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Exit polls in croydon pointing heavily that way, this is where most of these people are based.
Exit polls are traditionally wrong, indeed they were dramatically wrong when they predicted a Kinnock win only to be miles out.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well here is the 2nd result in...

2-0 (just like Saturday )

Sunderland North

Tory 5,724
Labour 15,719
Indepedant 2,057
BNP 1,136
Lib Dem 4,277

apprently the lib dems have caused a recount or close call up in cumbria as well.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Zentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the rough

Don't care who steers the ship, its still taking on water and going down. And until they find a UK politician who can say Non!! to the US and No!! Brussels what's the point? And if calling them a bunch of hoity toity la-di-da elitist fops makes me a racist, I don't care!!!

And Non I'm not going back to Captain Blair and the good ship England.

C'mon you Reds!!

Papa Z
Old May 5th 2005, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Well here is the 2nd result in...

2-0 (just like Saturday )

Sunderland North

Tory 5,724
Labour 15,719
Indepedant 2,057
BNP 1,136
Lib Dem 4,277

apprently the lib dems have caused a recount or close call up in cumbria as well.
You are getting your political information from the Crystal Palace FC discussion board

I don't know why I find that so funny, but I do.

Whats even funnier, is I'm reading it now too

(the bbc.co.uk has come back to life for a while)

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 5th 2005, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yehp apparently the BBC is overloaded, so most webheads are heading their with their snippets of info.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:41 am
blossom

I've just got home after presiding at polling station and delivered my ballot box for the count.

I'm not making any judgements until the count has taken place should be getting into it now. However, at my polling station alone we got 70% votes, which is double the votes of the same polling station at the last election.

Think that tells me something.

Blossom

Old May 5th 2005, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Right I'm orf to bed after my night shift. Hopefully they/I called it correctly lol !!

be back in 4 hours.

Sounds interesting/funny that punch up in Romford between candidates, and the comments about Labour getting disqualified LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.