Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tony Blair getting tough?

Tony Blair getting tough?

Old Aug 6th 2005, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of
Default Tony Blair getting tough?

Just heard his speech on the news. I was quite taken aback by his speech and new plans. In my opinion this should have been done a long time ago, but better late than never i guess.

Here's his proposals.

Home secretary to consider deporting any foreigner involved in listed extremist centres and websites

Make justifying or glorifying terrorism anywhere an offence
Automatically refuse asylum to anyone with anything to do with terrorism

Examine calls for police to be able to hold terror suspects for longer before pressing charges

Use more control orders against British terror suspects
Create a list of preachers who will be kept out of the UK
Old Aug 6th 2005, 8:25 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tony Blair getting tough?

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
What, they dont do that already. Scary.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Judging by some of the fruit loops i have seen from down here openly preaching their filth on TV in the UK over the last few years, it was obvious they didnt!! I cant believe they were allowed to get away with it for so long.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Alan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura about

Just heard his speech on the news. I was quite taken aback by his speech and new plans. In my opinion this should have been done a long time ago, but better late than never i guess.

Here's his proposals.

Home secretary to consider deporting any foreigner involved in listed extremist centres and websites

Make justifying or glorifying terrorism anywhere an offence

Examine calls for police to be able to hold terror suspects for longer before pressing charges

Use more control orders against British terror suspects
Create a list of preachers who will be kept out of the UK
Talk and soundbites are cheap.....only time will tell if all this happens.....wait for the human rights lawyers to get there teeth into it....and at whos expense?
Old Aug 6th 2005, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alan & Sonia
Talk and soundbites are cheap.....only time will tell if all this happens.....wait for the human rights lawyers to get there teeth into it....and at whos expense?

Coincidence you just said that. Sky news just saying that civil rights groups in Australia are saying that agreeing to Blairs plans will take us back to the days of Stalinist Russia!!
Here we go..
Old Aug 6th 2005, 8:46 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Its called shutting the gate after the horse has bolted !

How very typical of Tony Blair ... all talk. Lets wait and see how much of what he said actually happens. I bet very little.

The question has to be asked why did 56 people have to die for him to start promising to do this. It should have been done a long time ago but Blair chose to stick his head in the sand.

And as for Ken Livingstone ... another left wing Labour looney. He actually invited one of the imans who is for the bombings to London and used tax payers money to lay on a banquet for him !!!

Why oh why did people vote Blair back in. You get what you sow !
Old Aug 6th 2005, 8:50 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Why oh why did people vote Blair back in.
You really are obsessed with Blair aren't you.

He was voted back in because New Labour are a better bet than the Crap opposition.

G
Old Aug 6th 2005, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Personally, i feel that these measures should have been put in long before Blair came to power. I can remember talking about trouble ahead many years ago.
My old dad was right i'm sad to say.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 8:53 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Tony Blair's speech was pretty good . I thought it amusing that he made the point of saying (twice) that the last anti-terrorism bill he suggested just prior to the election was 'fiercely' opposed by the opposition and that 'when we warn you of terrorist attacks being imminent it is not 'scare mongering'' - referring to the monkeys who said before the election that the Govt were making it all up.

Well hindsight is always 20-20.

In the UK you dont get tortured in jail and the worst thing that might happen is some innocent person is relieved of their liberty for 14-21 days before being released - nobody is going to argue with that.

I also liked what Howard had to say on a similar subject when being questioned about the impact of new anti-terror lawas on public-liberty ' the most fundamental public liberty that you & I have is to be allowed to remain alive ' or something like that, very funny.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen

I also liked what Howard had to say on a similar subject when being questioned about the impact of new anti-terror laws on public-liberty ' the most fundamental public liberty that you & I have is to be allowed to remain alive ' or something like that, very funny.

Saw that, the plans we are getting as security seemed a bit daft
Inner Sydney is to have 3 safe areas, in the event of a terror attack everyone is to make their way to these 3 areas where half a million will gather in mass groups, a journalist pointed out it was a bit silly as the terrorists now know where those areas are and will probably take advantage of the mass target.

Then the cutting edge system of alerting people, Sending text messages, WOW how modern lets just hope the phone system has not gone down.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 9:13 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
You really are obsessed with Blair aren't you.

He was voted back in because New Labour are a better bet than the Crap opposition.

G
Not obsesssed, just sad at how Blair has ruined this country .
Old Aug 6th 2005, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Saw that, the plans we are getting as security seemed a bit daft
Inner Sydney is to have 3 safe areas, in the event of a terror attack everyone is to make their way to these 3 areas where half a million will gather in mass groups, a journalist pointed out it was a bit silly as the terrorists now know where those areas are and will probably take advantage of the mass target.

Then the cutting edge system of alerting people, Sending text messages, WOW how modern lets just hope the phone system has not gone down.
Where did you get this info from? I havent read or heard about it. Would be interested to review it.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BAY
Not obsesssed, just sad at how Blair has ruined this country .

And once again people seem to have easily forgotten the Tory years where the wonderful opposition party f****d it up when they had their chance.

Come on, be realistic, do you really think it would have been any better if Major, Hauge or Howard had won at their elections!!!

Last edited by Sharpy67; Aug 6th 2005 at 9:55 am. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 6th 2005, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

Where did you get this info from? I havent read or heard about it. Would be interested to review it.
The mass evacuation story is in the SMH: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...?oneclick=true

Seems unbelievably stupid to me
Old Aug 6th 2005, 10:05 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharpy67
And once again people seem to have easily forgotten the Tory years where the wonderful opposition party f****d it up when they had their chance.

Come on, be realistic, do you really think it would have been any better if Major, Hauge or Howard had won at their elections!!!
So you don't disagree that England has gone downhill under Blair , you just think that it would have been worse under the Conservatives.

How typical of Labour supporters to always use this arguement ... 'two wrongs make a right' ,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.