Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tonite 8pm Bbc2!!!

Tonite 8pm Bbc2!!!

Old May 4th 2004, 9:45 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pompeywill
What a waste of time that was!!
None of the people involved that needed Visa's actually had them!!
Jeez, why didnt the producers look on here? Lots of wannabe TV stars I reckon (with Visa's).
It was a complete non starter for most of those couple's. Surely these people must have done some groundwork on the Visa situation.
Let me see....I have no skills, no rellies abroad,what shall I do.
I know I'll go to Australia!!!!
Dont think so mate.
I think these shows often manage to find the most unprepared people. I got the Outbound 'The Migrant Experience' video when I subscribed to the Australian News and some of the couples they picked . With the power of the web you can do all but be there from your home (or office) so there's no excuse not to know how the system works, what you need to do to get the visa, job prospects, cost of living, cost of housing, etc, etc. Even if you don't have a PC, the public libraries have them.
Old May 4th 2004, 9:59 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Worked for Maxine Carr !!!!!

Jill
You'll have to explain that one to me Jill
Old May 4th 2004, 10:09 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi pompeywill

read this thread:-http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=226490

Graham
Old May 4th 2004, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
I think these shows often manage to find the most unprepared people. I got the Outbound 'The Migrant Experience' video when I subscribed to the Australian News and some of the couples they picked . With the power of the web you can do all but be there from your home (or office) so there's no excuse not to know how the system works, what you need to do to get the visa, job prospects, cost of living, cost of housing, etc, etc. Even if you don't have a PC, the public libraries have them.
Did that make good tv tonight?
It was amazing that they were so unprepared, where's the business plan, the recce, the facts. ok the family who wanted to go to usa had a business background but no visa. shame.
Yes you're right- most of us here have spent time researching. The advantage of "the get a life" would be that they pay all your expenses so we would all like a shot of that! hope the other programmes are informative.

Old May 4th 2004, 10:15 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Ahhh thx Graham, I get it now
Old May 4th 2004, 10:17 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by helinuk
Did that make good tv tonight?
It was amazing that they were so unprepared, where's the business plan, the recce, the facts. ok the family who wanted to go to usa had a business background but no visa. shame.
Yes you're right- most of us here have spent time researching. The advantage of "the get a life" would be that they pay all your expenses so we would all like a shot of that! hope the other programmes are informative.

Actually I was just thinking - If you were paying these so called 're-locators' you would not be too happy really. In the last series they hadn't bothered 'apparently' to establish wether one ladies qualifications were acceptable in the other country.

Would a real-life situation actually make such boring TV that they have to stage evrything like this?
Old May 4th 2004, 10:22 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
I thought the 'Potato Heads' of Lanzagrotti had the best business plan NOT 'We wife makes the best spuds for tea!' end of business plan.

The best bit was when he said that he thought they should get a bigger oven because she was only used to cooking for 4, I so LOL.

How many pairs of 'rosies' did you all spot ?

Jill

PMSL!!!

That was a really half-baked idea!!!
Old May 4th 2004, 10:38 pm
Banned

Originally posted by maxpaxx
Actually I was just thinking - If you were paying these so called 're-locators' you would not be too happy really. In the last series they hadn't bothered 'apparently' to establish wether one ladies qualifications were acceptable in the other country.

Would a real-life situation actually make such boring TV that they have to stage evrything like this?
True, qualifications would be the first thing I would check before even thinking of going abroad.
No job = Goodbye to new life.
Old May 5th 2004, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

We applied for the new series - you have to send a home video of yourselves :scared:

they replied to say they had had a huge response, esp. for Oz & NZ.

Needless to say, we have our visas, are a "normal" family who aren't on the verge of divorce, are qualified to do our jobs, have relatives in oz, have a decent amount of equity in our house and aren't leaving half our kids behind so that's probably why we didn't get on!

Andy.
Old May 5th 2004, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Cadman
They are probably looking for sensationalism! They probably wants people that will have a good old slanging match on tv
Old May 5th 2004, 7:53 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

I too wasted an hour watching it - it made me laugh though, some of their ideas and reasons for wanting to leave and the creativity of a cheesy bean jacket pot for a new life was classic

I don't like the 'we give you 2 wks notice' for you to leave (who here can give only 2wks notice to your employers?), making it all so rushed and so many loose ends (eg like firing1 taking so long to sell their house from NZ) - but I suppose it makes 'good' TV

Mr W suggested we could apply for the next series :scared: My reply - NO WAY!! did you not learn anything from the other programs that having a TV crew following you around is NOT a good idea?