Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TOMTOM Sat nav???

TOMTOM Sat nav???

Old Aug 31st 2005, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Default TOMTOM Sat nav???

Can you get the maps for Queensland for the above, it would seem a shame to have to get rid and buy a new one?

Mark
Old Aug 31st 2005, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TOMTOM Sat nav???

Originally Posted by wildmark
Can you get the maps for Queensland for the above, it would seem a shame to have to get rid and buy a new one?

Mark
I was gonna post this as well!!
We are off to OZ in November and want maps for NSW and Queensland, I emailed TomTom but they didn't bother replying.
Do you have TomTom Go or TomTom on a Pocket PC?, they deffo do maps for the TomTom Go
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:04 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
We are off to OZ in November and want maps for NSW and Queensland, I emailed TomTom but they didn't bother replying.
Do you have TomTom Go or TomTom on a Pocket PC?, they deffo do maps for the TomTom Go
I wrote to TOMTOM a few days ago regarding my Pocket PC - their response was

"At this time TomTom management hs decided that we would only sell the TTGO in Australia with Australian maps. We do not know if we will have New Zealand maps in the future or sell our products in New Zealand. We must first see how our initial market fares in Australia. There will be no navigator maps for Australia at this time.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team"
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

I have TT Pocket PC, sounds like they dont do it yet!!!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
I wrote to TOMTOM a few days ago regarding my Pocket PC - their response was

"At this time TomTom management hs decided that we would only sell the TTGO in Australia with Australian maps. We do not know if we will have New Zealand maps in the future or sell our products in New Zealand. We must first see how our initial market fares in Australia. There will be no navigator maps for Australia at this time.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team"
At least they replied to you!!
I suppose I will have to get hold of one of the other GPS apps, Co Pilot comes to mind
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:33 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose I will have to get hold of one of the other GPS apps, Co Pilot comes to mind
Will they work on a pocket PC?
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:37 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

They replied to me saying they will and you will be able to buy them as an add on but not just yet, the same goes for maps of europe, you can buy them seperatly but not just yet, thats why I brought a pcket PC and Tom Tom.
I hope tey've not lied to me...
Shaun
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Destinator 3
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Destinator 3
Just found a copy of this, do you know if you can buy the maps seperatly?
Old Nov 5th 2005, 11:17 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

Just found a copy of this, do you know if you can buy the maps seperatly?
If anyone needs advice I have got tom tom navigator 5 on my pda with Australia maps, sorry no NZ maps.

Just PM or post and i will help if I can...

Justin
Old Nov 5th 2005, 11:21 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eljustino
If anyone needs advice I have got tom tom navigator 5 on my pda with Australia maps, sorry no NZ maps.

Just PM or post and i will help if I can...

Justin
Sorry just realised how old the post was, oops

J