Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tomtom Go 700 Sat Nav Maps

Tomtom Go 700 Sat Nav Maps

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 5:05 am
Ocean Reef

Location: Landed in Perth July'06 & now freezing in Melbourne! Brisbane Bound soon and lovin it everyday!
luchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud of
Smile Tomtom Go 700 Sat Nav Maps

Does anyone have a Tomtom Go 700 Sat Nav? We have just moved to Oz and need to get hold of a map link for Perth, Australia. Thought it might be worth checking if anyone else has got one.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 5:09 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tomtom Go 700 Sat Nav Maps

Originally Posted by luchi
Does anyone have a Tomtom Go 700 Sat Nav? We have just moved to Oz and need to get hold of a map link for Perth, Australia. Thought it might be worth checking if anyone else has got one.
i do believe that a peek into torrent spy might reap rewards
allegedly

http://www.torrentspy.com/
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

noonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to all

Yeah - I managed to get hold of the Australian maps file on a torrent site, but I ended up selling my TomTom before we got here anyway so I don't have it any more. Still, it is available.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:47 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

To the best of my knowledge, the ones on the torrent sites are for the Navigator 5 series and not compatible with the Go series (I have a 510).
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 9:34 am
Ocean Reef

Location: Landed in Perth July'06 & now freezing in Melbourne! Brisbane Bound soon and lovin it everyday!
luchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud of

Hi hutch, howz it going. We have just settled in great, but wana get the maps for the Tomtom now. I have checked the Tomtom web site and didn't see the Go 700...so am panicing a little!!! I will ring Tomtom up tomorrow to see if they don't have the 700 over here, and what map would be compatilable. did u get ya map off the net?

Originally Posted by Hutch
To the best of my knowledge, the ones on the torrent sites are for the Navigator 5 series and not compatible with the Go series (I have a 510).
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 10:17 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi hutch, howz it going. We have just settled in great, but wana get the maps for the Tomtom now. I have checked the Tomtom web site and didn't see the Go 700...so am panicing a little!!! I will ring Tomtom up tomorrow to see if they don't have the 700 over here, and what map would be compatilable. did u get ya map off the net?
The 710's just come out here. I bought my maps off the TomTom website - if I can find a way of parcelling 'em up off the memory card I'll PM you.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

noonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to all

The 710's just come out here. I bought my maps off the TomTom website - if I can find a way of parcelling 'em up off the memory card I'll PM you.
I think when you buy them from TomTom they embed your TomTom serial number in the code so you can't distribute it, I might be wrong though. I'm beginning to wish I didn't sell mine - keep getting lost over here!
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 7:57 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

had a look myself and they only have the nav 5 map on now
just tried it on my pda and it works all right so thats 1 more tick on the to do list
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:14 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

I have recently " obtained " tom tom mobile for my smart phone, so i'm sure tom tom go must be out there.

torrentz.com is another good one worth looking at.

i'll keep my eyes peeled for a link for you.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

aburob has a brilliant futureaburob has a brilliant futureaburob has a brilliant futureaburob has a brilliant futureaburob has a brilliant futureaburob has a brilliant future

I have the TomTom Go 700 and downloaded the Australian maps for it via their website. Cost a pretty penny too and was a bit dissapointed to find some newish streets (about 2 years old) were not shown for Melbourne. Going to email and see what the story is, but has anyone else experienced the same? As luck has it we secured a rental on such a street!
Old Aug 24th 2006, 3:58 am
Ocean Reef

I think that once you have bought a map, you can contact TOmTom to get an update...for as long as that product lasts....but we might have been told the wrong info. But its worth contacting them to see.

Originally Posted by aburob
I have the TomTom Go 700 and downloaded the Australian maps for it via their website. Cost a pretty penny too and was a bit dissapointed to find some newish streets (about 2 years old) were not shown for Melbourne. Going to email and see what the story is, but has anyone else experienced the same? As luck has it we secured a rental on such a street!