Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tom Tom Sat navs

Tom Tom Sat navs

Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

stephen elaine will become famous soon enoughstephen elaine will become famous soon enough
Smile Tom Tom Sat navs

Can anyone advise of any web sites for down loading Oz Maps for my Tom Tom Sat Nav.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Letspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tom Tom Sat navs

Ours was on offer off the tom tom web site, £50, downloads to your set up programme on your pc. It was easy. I tried other "free sites" without much success. Then I`m useless with things like that.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:09 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephen elaine View Post
Can anyone advise of any web sites for down loading Oz Maps for my Tom Tom Sat Nav.

Thanks in advance.
BitTorrent is your friend...
Old Aug 31st 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

stephen elaine will become famous soon enoughstephen elaine will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: Tom Tom Sat navs

WOT U ON ABOUT?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

ScottJackson will become famous soon enoughScottJackson will become famous soon enough

http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/select.php

On the right hand side theres a support section as well.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:13 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ScottJackson View Post
http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/select.php
On the right hand side theres a support section as well.
And there's currently a discount on many maps, but unfortunately not those for Australia or NZ. I just bought the latest map for all of Australia: for comparison, I took a look for torrents last night and the most recent version knocking around appears to be significantly older. So you pays your money and you takes your choice. I'd rather emigrate with the most up to date maps.

Cheers
b
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

mummyroy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks in advance.
We were looking at them on Ebay for £26 last week.

HTH
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:39 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mummyroy View Post
We were looking at them on Ebay for £26 last week.
Check the version of the maps before you buy. Older maps (and those for older devices) are more easily cracked, and a key generator is widely available. Newer devices/maps are more difficult. The latest Australia map from the TomTom store is v7.2. I've seen the old (almost certainly pirated) maps on eBay, though at least one seller is offering v7.2 via what look like proper TomTom SD cards (though for only around £10 less than buying from TomTom).

Cheers
b
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

ScottJackson will become famous soon enoughScottJackson will become famous soon enough

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TomTom-Map-of-...d=p3286.c0.m14

I think the poster above is talking about this one.

Think i'd rather just get it from the TomTom website to be safe, although the ebay one does have good feed back.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

toan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to all

e-bay is the new map got speed cameras etc.
it worked as soon as i switched it on when we arrived for recce in may,
had no problems at all
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

mi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant future

Thanks in advance.
Well there is Tom Tom !

I just paid £54 on eBay for the latest "720" version.

Its already set up on an SD card and the guy even sets it up to your particular model and version.
Its a bargain compared to Tom Tom downloads, buying anther SD card and sorting it out !