Toilet seats

Old May 29th 2002, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

onlyme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Toilet seats

I went into the CBD today (Sydney) and measured 500 arses at lunch time, using my eyes only. There ARE some large arses here.
I hope this helps in the 'Quest for the Toilet Seat Information'.
Old May 29th 2002, 2:20 pm
Michael Morahan

> I work as a Mechanical Engineer. If I were designing a toilet seat anywhere in the
    > world, I would have it fit the average size of the local backside. Sooo, I believe
    > the real question is are the behinds down here the same as those in your homeland.
    > As I say above, my guess is yes.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Ed.
    >
    >

I think you are trying to confuse the issue by adding another dimension relating to
the average backside size. This really is plumbing new depths. I've been "bowled"
over by some of the responses, and I think the whole topic is going down the pan.

Michael

Old May 29th 2002, 3:28 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I looked at a house for rent at the weekend - bright purple bathroom !!- and we are renting it!! Can I borrow the Union Jack one Jasmin!!! I could try it out for you?
Old May 29th 2002, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi sandra

Hmmm bright purple bathroom you say....lovely!! The NEXT directory have a good selection of 'novelty' loo seats....perhaps a silver or gold glittery one would go better with purple???

I've been watching changing rooms down under on the UKStyle channel....I have to say the colour schemes chosen are very...um, interesting, am looking forward to it!!!

love sophia x
Old May 29th 2002, 5:21 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Jasmins loo seats are top taste ((not knocking the loo seats Jasmin - I got the Australian flag (real one)for Christmas from hubby)) compared to what I have seen recently on the Aus equivalent of UK Changing Rooms (which is bloody awful - not coming into my home for 5000 let alone 500). They covered a table with Anagylpta (spelling?) wallpaper, sprayed it silver and thought it looked good - sorry but I was rolling on the floor. I never want to knock anyones taste but even the Aussies I work with laugh at the aussie decorating programmes.

I now do not want to pay pounds 120 on a loo seat cause I am earning aussie dollars $ but if anyone can point (percy) me in the direction of a decent loo seat - as Sophia says it must be better than purple - suggestions welcome

cheers sand
Old May 30th 2002, 11:20 am
Thunder Ace

Sandra <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Jasmins loo seats are top taste ((not knocking the loo seats Jasmin - I got the
    > Australian flag (real one)for Christmas from hubby)) compared to what I have seen
    > recently on the Aus equivalent of UK Changing Rooms (which is bloody awful - not
    > coming into my home for 5000 let alone
    > 500). They covered a table with Anagylpta (spelling?) wallpaper, sprayed it silver
    > and thought it looked good - sorry but I was rolling on the floor. I never want
    > to knock anyones taste but even the Aussies I work with laugh at the aussie
    > decorating programmes.
    >
    > I now do not want to pay pounds 120 on a loo seat cause I am earning aussie dollars
    > $ but if anyone can point (percy) me in the direction of a decent loo seat - as
    > Sophia says it must be better than purple - suggestions welcome
    >
    > cheers sand

£120!! I wouldn't pay that for the entire bog, let alone the seat. As for colour,
it's got to be white. It goes with every thing, and 'cos it's neutral, you don't have
to change it when you sell your house. You know the worst kind of loo seat I've ever
seen? Some of old public lavs have got these timber strips one each side of the bowl,
lovely and hygenic you know. What do you think Sandra, a tasteful addition to any
modern home?

Old May 30th 2002, 11:56 am
Gone Senile Member

Wooden strips- eh em lovely!

The choice of suite isn't ours but it was a big improvement on the other rental we saw, running water through the house (if we hadn't worn shoes we might have got one of Tim Sorrels leeches). The bathroom decor and white suite was set off a treat by the large black mould spots. A snip at $480 per week - we passed! I plan to fly my Aus flag when I get my PR - Jasmin are you getting your husband to wear his seat?

I know this is not the usual trading useful information thread, but it has kept me very amused and my mind off the 'crappy' issue of the waiting!
Old May 30th 2002, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

dazzx6r is an unknown quantity at this point

What a laugh I have had reading all the replies. It as brightened my dreary wet afternoon enormously. Cheers Daz. PS Jasmin hope you've had your question answered ???
Old May 31st 2002, 6:25 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

You must surely mean this thread wins seats down! hehe

Originally posted by Thomas
In this newsgroup take a look at concerns of different people....there is a group going mad waiting for their VISA while there is another worrying about schools, another about housing, yet another about work and taxes and on and on..... BUT THE CONCERN IN THIS THREAD HERE WINS HANDS DOWN....
Old May 31st 2002, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

mxqth is an unknown quantity at this point

Barbed wire, rasor blades... all of this probably designed to make hesitate before you sit on the toilet. Anyone knows who designes these things? I got one idea for a bachelor loo sit, with painted yellow smears on it :-)
Old May 31st 2002, 7:29 am
Gone Senile Member

No but what about a list of ideas to send them when you find out - I have one idea - clear plastic filled with Funnel Web and Huntsman Spiders and of course some cockies! Yuck I have made myself feel sick.
Old May 31st 2002, 8:45 pm
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point

HEY!

I still wanna know if you can get the warm gelly squirty ones like in Japan, (not that far a way from Oz might be a chance!) MMmmmmmmmmmmm warm squirty toilet seat.