Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

toddlers in Sydney & meeting other mums

Wikiposts

toddlers in Sydney & meeting other mums

Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: toddlers in Sydney & meeting other mums

Hey great!!! Seems like there are a few of us around!!

I'm off teaching now, but will PM you all this evening to see what we can work out.

Anyone else? PM me if you are interested.

Must dash - concert makeup to remove from the kids faces, hair to put up and got to be out of here in 10 mins!! :scared:

Rudi
Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

cammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the rough

Count us in too!!

We are arriving in Sydney in Feb. We have 2 girls aged 7 and 5 andv a little boy, Rory is 2 in December - so a meet would be great while the girls are at school.

We are planning to live in the North Shore also

Emma

Last edited by cammym; Nov 17th 2005 at 8:59 am. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Nov 17th 2005, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

yup, i would be in for a meet, I'm near Dee Why on the Northern Beaches

Angela
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

I've sent a PM to all those already here in Sydney to try and arrange a meet - that's Binbird, Rockville, Dave and Linda, Wastonyy and Swaffy. I'll send a PM to the non-arrivals so we can keep in touch and arrange to get together when you arrive.

Look forwards to meeting you all.

Rudi

PS If there is any one else around who wants to join in please post or PM me - all welcome!
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:16 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hi all

I've sent a PM to all those already here in Sydney to try and arrange a meet - that's Binbird, Rockville, Dave and Linda, Wastonyy and Swaffy. I'll send a PM to the non-arrivals so we can keep in touch and arrange to get together when you arrive.

Look forwards to meeting you all.

Rudi

PS If there is any one else around who wants to join in please post or PM me - all welcome!

Three cheers to Rudi for sorting us all out!! Look forward to seeing some new faces soon. . . .

Binbird
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

more cheers and a bump!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

SiennaRowe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I moved to the Hawkesbury area of NSW in August from Norfolk, UK. Even 3 months on I am very homesick. I have made a few friends, but am finding it hard to do meet ups as my son (7) is not yet in a school. My daughter (8) has been in a school for 5 weeks, but my son has a speech delay so things are taking forever. Now the 6 week summer vacation is coming up, even if he starts school in January it will be 6 months to the day since he was last at school. I need to get out and get a job, meet some people....but who knows when that will happen?

Sorry guys, there I go ranting & raving again!
Have a good day!

Sienna xx
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Cuddles is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wastonyy
hi dave and linda,how are you i live in castle hill with wife and 3 kids iam back online now its good to here that people are in the same area children ages are 16,12,10 how old are yours,tony

Hi Tony,

My lot are 11, 9, 5 and 21mths. 3 of which are at school so I have just have the littlen with me all day.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:37 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

looks like this meet is taking off, well done girls...now whos gonna take over my job
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Girls

Well the weather forecast is looking pretty ropey for Tuesday......Sorry I've not been in touch again - MAD weekend - had a whistle stop trip to Melbourne for the gymnastics World Championships.....it was excellent!!

Will PM you tomorrow.

Rudi
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Rockville is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone,
I agree, would be a shame to do it if we can't take full advantage of a nice day.
Should we wait for next week? Could say Tuesday again?
Gill
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Parker is on a distinguished road

Hi all
I'd love to meet up as well. Have been in Sydney for 7 weeks, living on the lower north shore, and would welcome the chance to meet you all. I have a 15 month old who'd also love to meet up with some children her age.
Count me in!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Rockville is on a distinguished road

Hi Parker,
I'm on lower north shore too, Cammeray. Where are you?
Will definately get together soon.
Gill
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Parker is on a distinguished road

I'm in Lane Cove so pretty close to you.
Will be good to meet you!

Originally Posted by Rockville
Hi Parker,
I'm on lower north shore too, Cammeray. Where are you?
Will definately get together soon.
Gill