Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

toddlers in Sydney & meeting other mums

toddlers in Sydney & meeting other mums

Old Nov 16th 2005, 4:17 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Question toddlers in Sydney & meeting other mums

Since having my baby (now 11mths) who is rappidly growing into a toddler, we have met up with other mums & babies in the local area through NCT. Also several times during the year nearly new sales are held (chance to sell or in our case buy anything form clothes to toys at a fraction of new price)

Are there any such organisations to suit in the Nth subs of Sydney for regular meet ups and any sales planned for Feb/March?
Old Nov 16th 2005, 4:49 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: toddlers in Sydney & meeting other mums

Originally Posted by walaj
Since having my baby (now 11mths) who is rappidly growing into a toddler, we have met up with other mums & babies in the local area through NCT. Also several times during the year nearly new sales are held (chance to sell or in our case buy anything form clothes to toys at a fraction of new price)

Are there any such organisations to suit in the Nth subs of Sydney for regular meet ups and any sales planned for Feb/March?
Not sure about groups, but we will be there with our 20 month old the same time as you, so happy to meet up
Old Nov 16th 2005, 6:37 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

count me in to we are looking at carlingford and surrounding areas and also baulkham hills and nearby hopefully if everything goes through with house we should be there end of November piglet will be 2 next birthday.

Poshrice
Old Nov 16th 2005, 8:36 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj

Since moving to Australia I am wondering what to do with the clothes, books etc that my kids are growing out of as back in the UK there was always a niece or a friend's child that would be only too happy to have a free bag of goodies every now and then. I'm afraid I have only got girlie stuff (we could never get the boy mix right!) So, if there is anyone out there who would be interested, send me a pm and we'll get together!

Binbird
Old Nov 16th 2005, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Rockville is on a distinguished road

Hi to all those nrth sydney mums.
My daughter (4) and I arrived in sydney (lower north shore) at beginning of sept.
we would love to get together with other mums and children.
If ever there is a meet organised count us in
Gill
Old Nov 17th 2005, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rockville
Hi to all those nrth sydney mums.
My daughter (4) and I arrived in sydney (lower north shore) at beginning of sept.
we would love to get together with other mums and children.
If ever there is a meet organised count us in
Gill

Hi Everyone

Why don't we all organise to get together somewhere? During the week maybe - it sounds like we all have children at home. I have 2 in school and 1 who does pre-school 3 days a week - but we are around on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

I'm off out to the kids school dance concert really soon, but I'll try and PM you guys later to see what we can organise. I know some of you are still in the UK, but we can keep in touch and organise things when you get here as well.

Rudi
Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Cuddles is on a distinguished road

Hi Im in Kellyville and would be up for a meet. I have 4 children, 3 are at school and Im at home with a 21mth old.

Havent found any mother and toddler groups around here yet so can be at a loose end at times.

Lin
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:10 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

just spotted this thread
looks like a lot of the mothers on here are looking to meet up, cant understand why you didnt go to the sydney meet at the weekend????
it would have been a good place to start.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

wastonyy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dave and linda
Hi Im in Kellyville and would be up for a meet. I have 4 children, 3 are at school and Im at home with a 21mth old.

Havent found any mother and toddler groups around here yet so can be at a loose end at times.

Lin
hi dave and linda,how are you i live in castle hill with wife and 3 kids iam back online now its good to here that people are in the same area children ages are 16,12,10 how old are yours,tony
Old Nov 17th 2005, 11:38 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
just spotted this thread
looks like a lot of the mothers on here are looking to meet up, cant understand why you didnt go to the sydney meet at the weekend????
it would have been a good place to start.
I'm not there yet, I dont think Walaj or Poshrice are either. If you are organising a meet for around March, count me in
Old Nov 17th 2005, 12:27 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I'm not there yet, I dont think Walaj or Poshrice are either. If you are organising a meet for around March, count me in
ah, by that time i will be off to the gold coast sorry. but im sure u lassies can work something out by then
Old Nov 17th 2005, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sutherland - til we find a house with a nice kitchen! Oh, even better - found one with a nice pool.
Mr. Ee will become famous soon enoughMr. Ee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Hi We are heading to Sydney in 2 weeks time - we have two children 4 and 2 and would love to meet up when you get over. Not sure where in Sydney we will end up but it would be great to meet up with other mums

Mrs Ee
Old Nov 17th 2005, 3:08 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Of course we would have been there Soapy if it did not involve a round trip of approx 44hrs flying

Whilst the expats meets are good, it would be also good to have meetings just for the mums (or dads) and their little uns mid week to share tips etc, and that was not just aimed at expats.

Btw Soapy is that a hols up to GC or are you moving there. If the later I hope it is not anything personal - we arrive, you leave
Old Nov 17th 2005, 3:11 pm
no longer searching

looks like we will have to set something up - although TBH at the moment it is a little bit lower down on the list of priorities, getting to Oz would be a good start
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:59 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Hi i think it would be great if we could arrange a regular thing during the week especially as it sounds like most of us are either in or are going to be in the same area maybe arrange to meet at a play area as i don't know the areas yet i can't suggest anywhere but people already there could scout around and i am sure that as a group of english parents we would attract some attention and could start to make some aussie friedns too.

Desperate to get off to Oz
Poshrice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.