Reload this Page >

Toddlers and flying and bulkhead seat requests

Toddlers and flying and bulkhead seat requests

Old Mar 31st 2004, 9:05 pm
EEL
Forum Regular

EEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Toddlers and flying and bulkhead seat requests

I know you can ring/email airlines to request bulkhead seats if you have a baby, but can you also do it if you have a toddler? Our son will be nearly 3 when we fly.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 9:14 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Toddlers and flying and bulkhead seat requests

Originally posted by EEL
I know you can ring/email airlines to request bulkhead seats if you have a baby, but can you also do it if you have a toddler? Our son will be nearly 3 when we fly.

Yes - you can - actually just done this today.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

noodle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by EEL
I heard that you can do this, although I also headr that if someone comes along, say with a litle baby needing a skycot, they get priority. I went to the Dominican with my 18 month old and had bulkhead seats. However there was a woman struggling with a baby and I swapped seats with her, so obviously this rule didn't apply then, which was 7 years ago now. I'm sure you will be fine in normal seats anyway. We had to travel with the 18month old, now turned 7 and 2x1 year olds last year in normal seats. Granted, we weren't on a long haul, but we managed. The early learning centre do some great travelling stuff, like colouring in by numbers etc.

Good luck.x
Old Mar 31st 2004, 9:24 pm
ems
Forum Regular

ems is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew with Quantas and BA with our 2 year old and couldnt get extra legroom seats, but if you get to checkin early and theres any available you could grab them then.

We ended up with regular seats but found we had loads of room as our 2 kids had their own seats but sat together on one, so plenty of room for their toys etc. Flying from Hawaii to Melbourne the plane was half empty so at checkin they made sure we had two clear rows which was great

So, not sure about other airlines, but usually I think you can try and put a request in but still need to get to check in desk early.

hth
em
Old Mar 31st 2004, 9:37 pm
EEL
Forum Regular

Originally posted by maxpaxx
Yes - you can - actually just done this today.
Excellent. As well as the toddler my husband is over 6 foot and I am close to it, so we will be happy to have the extra leg room.

Incidentally Maxpaxx am I remembering rightly that your other half is called Ed?
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:35 am
Ev'n'John

Originally posted by EEL
We travelled with a 20 month old toddler and a 3 year old last October, and rang Singapore Airlines in advance to request bulkhead seats. They gave them to us on both flights (London to Singapore, and Singapore on to Brisbane). It's a great help if you can get them, because the kids have room to play on the floor with their toys etc and not get in anyone's way!

Our daughter was able to make use of the skycots as well (although it was a bit of a squash!) The only downside is that you have to get them out of the cot everytime the seatbelt light goes on. We had a bit of turbulence on both flights and kept having to wake her up to get her back on my lap to be strapped in again!

Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:17 am

Originally posted by EEL
Excellent. As well as the toddler my husband is over 6 foot and I am close to it, so we will be happy to have the extra leg room.

Incidentally Maxpaxx am I remembering rightly that your other half is called Ed?

Thats right!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:38 am
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ev'n'John
We travelled with a 20 month old toddler and a 3 year old last October, and rang Singapore Airlines in advance to request bulkhead seats. They gave them to us on both flights (London to Singapore, and Singapore on to Brisbane). It's a great help if you can get them, because the kids have room to play on the floor with their toys etc and not get in anyone's way!

Our daughter was able to make use of the skycots as well (although it was a bit of a squash!) The only downside is that you have to get them out of the cot everytime the seatbelt light goes on. We had a bit of turbulence on both flights and kept having to wake her up to get her back on my lap to be strapped in again!
Hi
Sorry to be a bit lazy and not look for myself but have you got the number for Singapore handy.
Many Thanks
Debs
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:04 am
EEL
Forum Regular

Thats right!
I only asked as my husband is also called Ed. He is an Edwin. He has only come across about three or four other Edwins and I just wondered if your man was one. Does he also get the Mr Ed (horse) jokes - with people thinking they are really clever and that he (Ed) will never have heard them before?
Old Apr 1st 2004, 9:23 am

Originally posted by EEL
I only asked as my husband is also called Ed. He is an Edwin. He has only come across about three or four other Edwins and I just wondered if your man was one. Does he also get the Mr Ed (horse) jokes - with people thinking they are really clever and that he (Ed) will never have heard them before?
LOL - mines Edward! but you would think Ed was easy to spell - one of my friends insists on writing Edd in all our cards. It's funny really not that common a name is it?

Maxine
Old Apr 1st 2004, 9:26 am

Originally posted by debs&tim
Hi
Sorry to be a bit lazy and not look for myself but have you got the number for Singapore handy.
Many Thanks
Debs
[email protected].

Hope this helps - they are very quick!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:25 am
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point

[email protected].

Hope this helps - they are very quick!
Hi