Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Today's worrying news

Today's worrying news

Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:24 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Today's worrying news

Im in a bit of a pickle today as I had a call from my migration agent saying that I have yet another new case worker at Adelaide. This is our third. Now just before we went on holiday, our old case worker said everything was fine, and she had confirmed in writing that there were no problems with application despite my husband since turning 30, and that they would go on the date we officially lodged our application into the skill matching scheme. (which was before his 30th hence we had enough points) I have seen on the DIMIA website somehwhere also that this is the case too. SO we tottered off on holiday semi-secure in the knowledge that we should get our SIR visas no worries.

Today my agent rings and the new case worker has said on the basis that my husband is now 30 the application has been REFUSED!!! My agent is saying dont panic as she has all the original emails saved stating that they have accepted our initial lodging date etc.

So, she has emailed back attaching all emails and correspondence with old case worker.

Before I tighten the noose and kick the chair away from me, please tell me all is not lost?
Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:40 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Today's worrying news

Hi Lucy,

Bugger !! I'm sure it'll be fine especially as they have all the evidence. However,its a hassle you could do without I'm sure !

Good luck

Warren

Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:42 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
please tell me all is not lost?
It is on the date of lodgement that the age is frozen - this is something we specifically checked as we lodged our application about 2wks before hubby (main applicant) 30th.
Considering we have had letter requesting medicals, although put on hold, and won't have visa granted for at least another 4mths we still expect there to be no problem, by which time he will be nearer to 32.

Do have evidence of courier deliverying application or credit card statement showing the charge - although the emails of the previous case officer should be enough

As you agent say don't panic.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:43 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Im in a bit of a pickle today as I had a call from my migration agent saying that I have yet another new case worker at Adelaide. This is our third. Now just before we went on holiday, our old case worker said everything was fine, and she had confirmed in writing that there were no problems with application despite my husband since turning 30, and that they would go on the date we officially lodged our application into the skill matching scheme. (which was before his 30th hence we had enough points) I have seen on the DIMIA website somehwhere also that this is the case too. SO we tottered off on holiday semi-secure in the knowledge that we should get our SIR visas no worries.

Today my agent rings and the new case worker has said on the basis that my husband is now 30 the application has been REFUSED!!! My agent is saying dont panic as she has all the original emails saved stating that they have accepted our initial lodging date etc.

So, she has emailed back attaching all emails and correspondence with old case worker.

Before I tighten the noose and kick the chair away from me, please tell me all is not lost?

Your agent is correct, something similar happened to us ..
don't worry you will be fine !!
Old Oct 11th 2004, 6:44 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Chin up babe
Sure theres been a mistake,hope it gets sorted soon,let us know when it does?
Donna x
Old Oct 11th 2004, 6:53 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there Lucy,

Don't jump just yet!!!

I'm sure all will be well, keep ya pecker up kid.

D D
Old Oct 11th 2004, 8:14 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Hi Lucy

Try not to panic, I am sure your agent will sort this out. As far as we aware the rules of age is at lodgement.

Julia
Old Oct 11th 2004, 9:21 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Lucy....get that noose off and have a glass or seven of red....chill..I'm sure it will all be ok....as Julia said, its what age you are when the application goes in that matters... chin up gal....sending you some soothing karma...
Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:09 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

OI you !

Don't you dare kick the furniture around.

It aint over til the fat lady sings Lucy.
Positive vibes please
Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:11 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Breathe

You'd think the DIMIA would know the rules wouldn't you!!? You'll be fine though I'm sure, lots of evidence to prove it was in before the 30th b'day, and thats what counts!
Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:13 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
OI you !

Don't you dare kick the furniture around.

It aint over til the fat lady sings Lucy.
Positive vibes please
Jeezus Lucy, I am sure it will be fine. These things re meant to try us.

fingers, leags and all sorts crossed for you
Jay Dee xxx
Old Oct 12th 2004, 8:00 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

I didnt sleep at all well last night and feel really ill and depressed this morning as normally my agent will ring with any news just after she arrives at the office at 8am. The fact that it is now 9am signals to me that she has had bad news and is trying to sort somehing before she calls me. Adelaide will now just about be closed for the night so I guess I have another 24 hours in limbo land. This is awful.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:07 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

I didnt sleep at all well last night and feel really ill and depressed this morning as normally my agent will ring with any news just after she arrives at the office at 8am. The fact that it is now 9am signals to me that she has had bad news and is trying to sort somehing before she calls me. Adelaide will now just about be closed for the night so I guess I have another 24 hours in limbo land. This is awful.

Awwww, try not to stress too much. I'm sure it'll be okay for you. Sounds like you have a decent agent. Just think, the celebration when you get the visa will be that little bit more special now
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:58 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Breathe

You'd think the DIMIA would know the rules wouldn't you!!? You'll be fine though I'm sure, lots of evidence to prove it was in before the 30th b'day, and thats what counts!
Sometimes an inexperienced case officer does not know the rules. This is where a good agent adds a lot of value - a quick chat with the case officer, or failing that, the relevant manager in DIMIA, has resolved many issues like this.

It's definitely age at *lodgement* that matters.

Jeremy