British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   todays the day aghh (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/todays-day-aghh-260513/)

JayDeee Oct 16th 2004 3:53 pm

todays the day aghh

well I got up at some stupid hour and hace been making party food all day, I would reccommend getting people in to do the food for your leaving party, it might seem a lot cheaper to do it yourself but I am so knackered now I dont even want to go to my own leaing party.

so in 2 and a bit hours The party will kick off, I still have to get all the food to the venue, decorate the place and get back home to get ready.

Got my tissues ready as I have already had had a few practice runs this week and have cried a river or 2, saw my little cousins for the last time last night and was a sobbing wreck, they are 3 and 6 and they were trying to cheer me up bless them, just made me cry more.
Dinner at my mums 2moro, then work on mon and tues then off we go on Wednesday.

Absolutely cacking my pants now but as they say onwards and upwards.

JD

ODDBALL Oct 16th 2004 3:55 pm

Re: todays the day aghh

Good luck for tonight, I had my leaving do last weekend and am travelling Tuesday. Enjoy it. :beer:

Ushas Oct 16th 2004 3:56 pm

Good luck. Have a batha nd relax if you get a spare second. And limber up those hugging arms!!

Hope it goes well for you tonight. :beer:

Beegee Oct 16th 2004 4:17 pm

Have a good one. :beer: :beer:

madsad Oct 16th 2004 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by JayDeee
well I got up at some stupid hour and hace been making party food all day, I would reccommend getting people in to do the food for your leaving party, it might seem a lot cheaper to do it yourself but I am so knackered now I dont even want to go to my own leaing party.

so in 2 and a bit hours The party will kick off, I still have to get all the food to the venue, decorate the place and get back home to get ready.

Got my tissues ready as I have already had had a few practice runs this week and have cried a river or 2, saw my little cousins for the last time last night and was a sobbing wreck, they are 3 and 6 and they were trying to cheer me up bless them, just made me cry more.
Dinner at my mums 2moro, then work on mon and tues then off we go on Wednesday.

Absolutely cacking my pants now but as they say onwards and upwards.

JD

Have a great time tonight :D You deserve to be spoilt after all that effort! enjoy x
Donna.

sunny side up Oct 16th 2004 4:31 pm

hey jd,

hope u have a great night - try and enjoy it - cant even imagine what a mess i'll be in when i get to that stage - have made everyone cry since i got mine....

once you get there it'll be great - try to remember that

see ya soon,

love, tanja

YFitz Oct 16th 2004 5:01 pm

Just said goodbye to my sister an hour ago. We don't go until January but she lives in the far north of Scotland and I know we won't see her again before we go:(

Hope you have a great night tonight :D
Yvonne

lucyb Oct 16th 2004 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by sunny side up
hey jd,

hope u have a great night - try and enjoy it - cant even imagine what a mess i'll be in when i get to that stage - have made everyone cry since i got mine....

once you get there it'll be great - try to remember that

see ya soon,

love, tanja

Hi Kala

Have a wonderful evening and dont get so wrecked you cant remember it! (as I suspect I will) Sorrt we cant join you, Haydn on a late tonight...so its ANt & Dec for me!

Lucy
xx

Go Banana's !! Oct 16th 2004 5:34 pm

Hi Kala,

I think you are really brave for having one of these as its sure to be an emotional time. I have said goodbye individually to all my friends and relations. :( and that was hard with some people.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time. I've got my Aunt from Geralton here with me visiting my sister for the last time in Harrogate, and she says your folks in Gero are lovely !

Hope you don't have too much of a bad head in the morning. Have a beer for me.

Best wishes

Warren :beer:

moneypenny20 Oct 16th 2004 5:37 pm

Have a great evening and don't drink toooo much. Oh and get someone else to clear up after.

melibeam Oct 16th 2004 6:32 pm

hi , we are also having our leaving party tonight, in approx 30 mins. All ready I am beginning to think I don't have enough food but its too late now. Just need to make sure everyone has lots to drink. i am on my second glass of champagne!

Feeling too stressed to be sad just yet, my Mum and Dad are here from Ireland. My sister who is expecting twins cannot fly from Ireland at the moment and my brother flew out on holidays to Dubai this morning, booked months ago! We are not actually flying out until 29 but I won't see them before I go, as my brother lives in Scotland and my sister in Ireland. Loads of friends coming who I have not seen for ages, looking forward to it but still nervous at the same time. The kids are running around like mad loonies, at least they are excited!

Anyway enjoy your party also, and good luck go everyone planning on moving to Oz in the next few weeks.

Mel

Pollyana Oct 17th 2004 12:59 am

JayDee - hope the party is a real success - I know it'll be emotional, but try and enjoy it! Hope you get some good (easily transportable) pressies :D

And Mel, hope yours goes off OK too :)