Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Today has been the hardest day of the whole process

Wikiposts

Today has been the hardest day of the whole process

Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Bordy
Passing the tissues around.

As we drove to Edinburgh airport my daughter (16 ) had around 10 of her friends come to wave her off. It does pull at the heartstrings seeing 10 teenagers with tears running down there faces.

as opposed to seeing grown men cry, which is a little bit enjoyable - only kidding.

i feel for you mate! - we are potentially 12 months off and i am already having to harden myself to the prospect (rather unsuccessfully). my mom, with failing health, has been my champion in what is a rather messed up family and leaving her will be awful, she is like a second mom to my children.

hang in there
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:00 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

It wasnt fun and although it will get easier it will never go away. Its just another, albeit VERY hard process, of the migration path.

Thanks to all for the words that they said and the sharing of experiences. It will hopefully help others at some point and in some way.

Bundy, sent you a reply.