Wikiposts

Toby's legacy.

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Paraken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Toby's legacy.

We've had a few calls from Jetpets who I have to say have been 100% supportive throughout this terrible ordeal. They have said that they would like to help us further and when I mentioned we had been in contact with a solicitor re legal action they tried to persuade us not to go down that route.
Now, they've said that they are willing to sort out all our issue's and get us in a meeting with Australia airExpress to iron out what went wrong and what, if anything they will do to make sure it never happens again.
My feeling and that of a few friends (and i'm sure all of you) is they are trying to keep it in house and not make too much of a fuss. I don't know if they are working together as I can't find anything re partnerships on their web sights.
I want Toby to be remembered for changing the way animals are transported and treated by these types of companies. I'm not interested in the money they would like to offer me for my loss, money will never change what happened but pressure from you and others along with radio and other media will make them sit up and really think about what they've done.
These are not consignments as someone else said but valued family members who should and must be treated as such.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:42 pm
skye

Default Re: Toby's legacy.

Ken, you know our thoughts.. we will do anything to assist you with this they are not a 'consignment' they are family.....

our thoughts are with you and your family

take it to the press and dont listen to the company.... speak to you tomorrow xxxxx

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:21 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paraken
We've had a few calls from Jetpets who I have to say have been 100% supportive throughout this terrible ordeal. They have said that they would like to help us further and when I mentioned we had been in contact with a solicitor re legal action they tried to persuade us not to go down that route.
Now, they've said that they are willing to sort out all our issue's and get us in a meeting with Australia airExpress to iron out what went wrong and what, if anything they will do to make sure it never happens again.
My feeling and that of a few friends (and i'm sure all of you) is they are trying to keep it in house and not make too much of a fuss. I don't know if they are working together as I can't find anything re partnerships on their web sights.
I want Toby to be remembered for changing the way animals are transported and treated by these types of companies. I'm not interested in the money they would like to offer me for my loss, money will never change what happened but pressure from you and others along with radio and other media will make them sit up and really think about what they've done.
These are not consignments as someone else said but valued family members who should and must be treated as such.
I think you are right, they are trying to keep it as quiet as possible. Talk is cheap at this stage to be honest and my impression is that if you can be persuaded to keep it low key at this stage, little if nothing will be changed.

They probably have a mutually beneficial relationship with the company which is why they wouldn't want to damage it.

But if it were me, then I would take the legal route - not just to get answers because to be honest, we are all capable of giving the answers that people want to hear, but also to shout long and loud to make sure that everyone knows what happened and more to the point that it can never happen again.

The company concerned should expect nothing less and Jetpets should not in any way try and talk you out of it.

As I said, talk is cheap, apologies at this stage can be empty and if taking legal action is the only way to give this case any weight, then so be it.

You are doing the right thing.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:27 am
Just Joined

gilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant future

I have searched and searched a poem for you... Hope it helps it made me cry.. I am so sorry for how you are feeling... Do what you have to do, but you have just started a new life for you and your family... Remember and love Toby, dont let those idiots ruin the start of this... Remember him with love but not bitterness...

I stood by your bed last night; I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying; you found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly, as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you. I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea;
You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today; your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.
I was with you at my grave today; you tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently laid my paw on you, I smiled and said, "It's me."
You looked so very tired and sank into a chair;
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It's possible for me to be so near you every day,
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning,
And say "Good night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see;
Be patient, live your journey out... then come home to be with me.

Author unknown.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:36 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I think you are right, they are trying to keep it as quiet as possible. Talk is cheap at this stage to be honest and my impression is that if you can be persuaded to keep it low key at this stage, little if nothing will be changed.

They probably have a mutually beneficial relationship with the company which is why they wouldn't want to damage it.

But if it were me, then I would take the legal route - not just to get answers because to be honest, we are all capable of giving the answers that people want to hear, but also to shout long and loud to make sure that everyone knows what happened and more to the point that it can never happen again.

The company concerned should expect nothing less and Jetpets should not in any way try and talk you out of it.

As I said, talk is cheap, apologies at this stage can be empty and if taking legal action is the only way to give this case any weight, then so be it.

You are doing the right thing.
The only thing they listen to out here is money, you have to hurt them financially and publicly, then they might be more respectful and careful next time.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

This can't be allowed to happen to anyone again. This needs to be pushed all the way and a 'stink' needs to be made. It will never bring back Toby but it could stop it happening to someone else-that is what you have to work towards. Don't listen to the company-go all out on this one. Good luck.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Words can't begin to express how sorry I am for what has happened to your family.

I agree entirely with you. Take the legal route, and the more publicity that comes out from it the greater the chances of actual progress to ensure this doesn't happen again. I find them trying to keep it quiet rather offensive to you to be honest.

Just as a thought, is it worth contacting the Australian version of RSPCA as they may be able to add some additional leverage - or even get them to press for legislation to ensure pets are properly secured for transport? (they could call it Toby's law)

I won't be using Jetpets when I bring my boys over...

Very best of luck to you all xx
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:39 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
The only thing they listen to out here is money, you have to hurt them financially and publicly, then they might be more respectful and careful next time.
Well my pet export company have been told of what happened to Toby and the company name has been noted.

I still cannot believe what has happened and how they dealt with it and really, how they allowed that to happen in the first place

Publicity, legal action and money - kick them where it hurts.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

ontheup will become famous soon enough

Keep it noisy do not let them keep it in house the only way to make change is to make raise an issues profile - no one cares about what they dont know about, but raise somethings profile and suddenly everyone is bothered and doing everything they can to help. It isnt on the same scale (and that is in no way a slur at all on your dogs reputation or good name) but it reminds me of the film with julia roberts (the name completely escapes me other than it was the name of her character) where the chemical company tried to sweep things under the carpet and it isnt until someone takes a stand that things change!! You should go to your solicitor and make sure you make a complete nuisance of yourself with this company until they take 60 seconds to strap down the crates which is after all all the time it would take to avert something like this happening again!!! you have our support!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:57 am

Might be good if we all bring it to the attention of our pet export companies. I wouldnt want my Gordon in their care thats for sure.

Its so sad and by the company saying 'these things happen' that tells you that its obviously happened before.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ontheup
Keep it noisy do not let them keep it in house the only way to make change is to make raise an issues profile - no one cares about what they dont know about, but raise somethings profile and suddenly everyone is bothered and doing everything they can to help. It isnt on the same scale (and that is in no way a slur at all on your dogs reputation or good name) but it reminds me of the film with julia roberts (the name completely escapes me other than it was the name of her character) where the chemical company tried to sweep things under the carpet and it isnt until someone takes a stand that things change!! You should go to your solicitor and make sure you make a complete nuisance of yourself with this company until they take 60 seconds to strap down the crates which is after all all the time it would take to avert something like this happening again!!! you have our support!
Erin Brokovich.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

why don't you take it to 60 minutes ??
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

ontheup will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by smee
Erin Brokovich.

I thank you !!! being doing my head in trying to think what it was
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Echo what others have said - nothing will be accomplished by keeping it quiet and talking to jets4pets and the other company... only by going the legal route will changes be made!

I look forward to you sueing their arses off :-D
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:14 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps they are thinking of offering a bribe-sorry, 'compensation' to keep you quiet. I heard a tale a while back, not sure how accurate it is, about a dog dying mid-air & the owner being talked into not launching an enquiry. Who know how often this happens? I'm sure some people must feel it less stressful to accept it & are perhaps made to feel small & powerless by big companies with in-house lawyers etc etc

I agree that you should make a stand and pursue this legally otherwise these things will just happen over. There must be a kickass dog loving lawyer out there who can help. Such needless carelessness is an outrage! I think I can safely say we're all behind you on this one. x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.