Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TNT Australia, any help please!

TNT Australia, any help please!

Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:58 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Question TNT Australia, any help please!

Hi there, hubby works for TNT as a loading bay operative and a driver in Edinburgh and was hoping to get a transfer to the one in Brisbane. Does anyone know of anyone who works for TNT in Brisbane to see what the wages are for the loading bay or as a driver (has class 2 license here) and how good or bad it is to work there :scared: ? Or can anyone recommend a good logistics company to apply to, and the approx salary as none of the job websites seem to like to advertise this info!

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated as we really need to start getting the ball rolling for moving. Thank you in advance.
Claire and Barry.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:37 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: TNT Australia, any help please!

Please are there any lorry drivers on this forum who could gives us a wee bit of advice. Pleeeeaaaaaaaaaase
Claire and Barry
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:46 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TNT Australia, any help please!

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Please are there any lorry drivers on this forum who could gives us a wee bit of advice. Pleeeeaaaaaaaaaase
Claire and Barry
Well, I have a Licence but don't use it; does that count...

There's couple of big logistics outfits here... Try their websites...

Linfox

Toll

In all honesty if there's anything else you could do in the way of employment out here, I would... The transport business here seems to be having just as hard a time as back in the UK...

Unless you go to work for one of the big mining outfits...

Hope it helps...
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:48 pm
In my own little world!

Originally Posted by rodders39
Well, I have a Licence but don't use it; does that count...

There's couple of big logistics outfits here... Try their websites...

Linfox

Toll

In all honesty if there's anything else you could do in the way of employment out here, I would... The transport business here seems to be having just as hard a time as back in the UK...

Unless you go to work for one of the big mining outfits...

Hope it helps...
Thanks for the info, working for TNT here is c**p, had been told the Perth depot was good by a guy piggy backing across the world with TNT, just wondered what the Brisbane one was like. If I could work as something else believe me I would! So what are you doing instead? Maybe could steal a few ideas from you
Barry.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 10:01 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info, working for TNT here is c**p, had been told the Perth depot was good by a guy piggy backing across the world with TNT, just wondered what the Brisbane one was like. If I could work as something else believe me I would! So what are you doing instead? Maybe could steal a few ideas from you
Barry.
Well, I used to have a transport business in the UK... About 50 staff at one point, half of them drivers... I'm here in Sydney waiting for my visa, meds next Friday, before buying a business here... And it won't be transport related...!

There's good money working for the mining outfits, but there's obvious downsides too... I'd definitely consider it though... Are you set on getting a job before you come out? Some take a chance and just arrive... Obviously mixed results, but it might be the thing that suits you...?
Old Nov 16th 2006, 8:14 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, hubby works for TNT as a loading bay operative and a driver in Edinburgh and was hoping to get a transfer to the one in Brisbane. Does anyone know of anyone who works for TNT in Brisbane to see what the wages are for the loading bay or as a driver (has class 2 license here) and how good or bad it is to work there :scared: ? Or can anyone recommend a good logistics company to apply to, and the approx salary as none of the job websites seem to like to advertise this info!

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated as we really need to start getting the ball rolling for moving. Thank you in advance.
Claire and Barry.
Check these people out .Claire they are the only people that willl give you an honest answer..........
http://twu.com.au/ ..............mm
Old Nov 16th 2006, 8:39 am
In my own little world!

Originally Posted by rodders39
Well, I used to have a transport business in the UK... About 50 staff at one point, half of them drivers... I'm here in Sydney waiting for my visa, meds next Friday, before buying a business here... And it won't be transport related...!

There's good money working for the mining outfits, but there's obvious downsides too... I'd definitely consider it though... Are you set on getting a job before you come out? Some take a chance and just arrive... Obviously mixed results, but it might be the thing that suits you...?
Cheers for that Rodders, have thought about the mines but in two minds, would ideally like to have a job set up before we arrive, if it doesnt work out when we arrive then will try something else. Good luck with your meds and in buying your new business.
Barry.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 8:43 am
In my own little world!

Originally Posted by mr mover
Check these people out .Claire they are the only people that willl give you an honest answer..........
http://twu.com.au/ ..............mm
Helpfull website thanks, the TNT depot I work for here are exploiting theie workers by employing us as warehouse workers but sending us out driving as it's cheaper than employing us as drivers as we are not entitled to the drivers bonus.
Barry.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Claire and Barry.
startrak express pay better than tnt and there drivers dont look like they hav been tango;d try them they are in darra :scared:
Old Nov 16th 2006, 9:40 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, can't help.

i thought you were talking about explosives
Old Nov 16th 2006, 5:41 pm
In my own little world!

Talking Re: TNT Australia, any help please!

Originally Posted by wintersgills
startrak express pay better than tnt and there drivers dont look like they hav been tango;d try them they are in darra :scared:
Thanks for the info, do like the blue uniforms - but I love my orange TNT uniform (yes it's the same as the one we have here :scared: )
Will give them a try as well, we are looking at Forest Lake area and surrounding and they all seem to be close by which will be handy.
Barry.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

gregevan is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=belleandscone]Thanks for the info, do like the blue uniforms - but I love my orange TNT uniform (yes it's the same as the one we have here :scared: )
Will give them a try as well, we are looking at Forest Lake area and surrounding and they all seem to be close by which will be handy.
Barry.[/QUOTE

I think you look cool in your TNT uniform Baz! Sounds like the reccie went well then.

It's not the same on Tuesdays now mate.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:40 pm
In my own little world!

Talking Re: TNT Australia, any help please!

[QUOTE=gregevan]
Thanks for the info, do like the blue uniforms - but I love my orange TNT uniform (yes it's the same as the one we have here :scared: )
Barry.[/QUOTE

I think you look cool in your TNT uniform Baz! Sounds like the reccie went well then.

It's not the same on Tuesdays now mate.
Shucks thanks Not everyone can pull off bright orange you know! PM'd you.
Barry.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 7:53 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Helpfull website thanks, the TNT depot I work for here are exploiting theie workers by employing us as warehouse workers but sending us out driving as it's cheaper than employing us as drivers as we are not entitled to the drivers bonus.
Barry.
Barry if thats the case .its an infringement of work place laws.
Conntact the TWU and they will sort it for you............... mm
Old Nov 17th 2006, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that you will need to sit a practical test before you can get any licence other than car or motorbike (See here)

I'm guessing this could make it hard for you to get a job without being in Australia with the relevant licence already but this only a guess on my part

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.