Tired

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Helen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to all
Default Tired

This roller coaster effect is really getting to me. We are going to Sydney in approx 2 weeks, and at the moment, am having more downs than ups. I am trying to get the enery together to do things, but all I want to do is hide in bed and pretend it is not happening! Is this normal?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tired

Originally Posted by Helen-17
This roller coaster effect is really getting to me. We are going to Sydney in approx 2 weeks, and at the moment, am having more downs than ups. I am trying to get the enery together to do things, but all I want to do is hide in bed and pretend it is not happening! Is this normal?
What would be weird, would be if you didn't feel like this!!
Honestly it's perfectly normal, and I think anyone on these forums would be lying if they said it all went 100% smoothly and there was no doubt or stress.
Just keep your head down, grin and bear it, ride the wave, and other cliches - and soon it will be done and you will be THERE!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:53 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Helen and welcome to BE!

It'll all work out in the end. Just think of it as the start of a whole new adventure and you'll soon be living the high life in Sydney!

I find when faced with a mammoth task like this, break it down into smaller tasks and write yourself a list. It's very satisfying every time you can cross something off...or maybe that's just me!!

Where in Sydney are you heading to? My OH and I hope to be there, but probably not until next year...agh!

Therese
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Helen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to all

Hello there! Thank you for the kind words. We are going North Sydney - areas we are looking at are St Ives, Pymble, Chatswood. Good luck!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:47 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG that is just how I feel.

I get home so exhausted from work/travelling and all I want to do is sleep and I still have packing to do.

I want to hide in a cupboard as well, shall we find one together?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Yep - my airing cupboard is looking pretty inviting! You are lucky that you are working - I am not which has the downside of having the time to sit and brood on it more!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:51 am

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Totally normal - everyone goes through it.
The adjustment (realistically) of what you have done takes a year or so.
2 years from now, you won't even remember the patch you are going through now.

Hang in their, be positive, enjoy the sunshine.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:56 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - my airing cupboard is looking pretty inviting! You are lucky that you are working - I am not which has the downside of having the time to sit and brood on it more!
Im taking Monday off, I have the dentist but will manage to get some packing done as well.

(fingers crossed)

But I do feel totally overwhelmed though.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

We leave in just over 3 weeks and we are exactly the same, one day we bounce out of bed then the next we dont even hear the alarm, one day we are giddy as anything and the next we are aprehensive about it all.

Totally normal, it would be strange if we didnt feel that way I suppose!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:10 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember feeling the same the first time we emigrated - totally exhausted both physically and emotionally. Have you got packers coming in, why not let them do most of the hard graft? it's really easy to overdo it yourself.

Concentrate on getting the important stuff done - sorting out documents you want to take with you on the plane, getting stuff cleaned, practical details of vacating your present home, organising a party. If you're not pushed for space on the container it doesn't matter if you bring a load of mess with you (so long as it's clean!)

The last few weeks are pretty intense but as soon as you get on that plane it melts away and is soon a distant memory.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
We leave in just over 3 weeks and we are exactly the same, one day we bounce out of bed then the next we dont even hear the alarm, one day we are giddy as anything and the next we are aprehensive about it all.

Totally normal, it would be strange if we didnt feel that way I suppose!
We are only taking 6 boxes which makes it harder because you have to effectively do an even bigger sort out/cull of personal stuff.

I am so tired in my head that I dont have the energy to do alot, work is crap at the moment so it makes it harder.

We have booked a hotel the night before we fly and have promised ourselves some champagne, choccies and a filthy movie to chill out We are going to have a 'dirty weekend in Heathrow'
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
We are only taking 6 boxes which makes it harder because you have to effectively do an even bigger sort out/cull of personal stuff.

I am so tired in my head that I dont have the energy to do alot, work is crap at the moment so it makes it harder.

We have booked a hotel the night before we fly and have promised ourselves some champagne, choccies and a filthy movie to chill out We are going to have a 'dirty weekend in Heathrow'
Sounds good I bet you cant wait to be on the plane (dont get caught joining the mile high club). How is your dad pp?

I am sick of the mental strain of moving. Yesterday meds arrived in Oz and felt great, today car broke down (mini cooper power stearing cost = loads) and i was just about to sell it. But on the good side come back from the garage and police checks are back. What tomorrow going to bring?

Perth better be worth it!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by midwife-mandy
Sounds good I bet you cant wait to be on the plane (dont get caught joining the mile high club). How is your dad pp?

I am sick of the mental strain of moving. Yesterday meds arrived in Oz and felt great, today car broke down (mini cooper power stearing cost = loads) and i was just about to sell it. But on the good side come back from the garage and police checks are back. What tomorrow going to bring?

Perth better be worth it!
Dad had his cardiac work up and had something in a drip to increase his heart rate, which of course brought on an SVT episode which lasted until yesterday.

The doctor has told him not to worry and it 'can be fixed with either tabs or keyhole surgery' or something like that, I don't know.

I get home, have a bath, have my tea and fall asleep - weekends are so hard to do stuff as well as other things need doing.

I need to kick myself up the arse and sort myself out.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Dad had his cardiac work up and had something in a drip to increase his heart rate, which of course brought on an SVT episode which lasted until yesterday.

The doctor has told him not to worry and it 'can be fixed with either tabs or keyhole surgery' or something like that, I don't know.

I get home, have a bath, have my tea and fall asleep - weekends are so hard to do stuff as well as other things need doing.

I need to kick myself up the arse and sort myself out.
You have got a lot on your plate at the minute. I know it is a luxury but cant you book yourself in for a pamper day. lastminute.com have got some good ones available in London. I have promised myself if I get packed by monday i am having a day off and booking the works. Thats what the family allowence money is for

I hope it all gets sorted with your dad. I know it must be worrying you. Take care, Mandy x
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by midwife-mandy
You have got a lot on your plate at the minute. I know it is a luxury but cant you book yourself in for a pamper day. lastminute.com have got some good ones available in London. I have promised myself if I get packed by monday i am having a day off and booking the works. Thats what the family allowence money is for

I hope it all gets sorted with your dad. I know it must be worrying you. Take care, Mandy x
Cant afford a Pamper Day, although I would love it but we have loads on our plate and it just isnt a priority.

I have become an expert 'clock watcher' at work, where I gaze at the clock, do my 'groundhog day' of a train journey, pitch up at my London station after a couple of tubes with no memory of how I got there, get the train home and then crash

Today I shall 'try' and sort out my clothes.

Later on, I shall 'try' and do our resumes.

(she says blushing and feeling exhausted at the mere thought of it)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.