Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tips on bumping to Bus Class

Tips on bumping to Bus Class

Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tips on bumping to Bus Class

True - nowadays! This was pre-dvt awareness, swine flu, bird flu etc etc etc!

I get worried if I sneeze whilst waiting in the immigration queue these days, just in case they think I'm bringing some lurgy into the country! Having said that every time I get back to Oz since emigrating I seem to come down with a cold or flu....is it British, Singaporean or from the plane?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future

I fly with emirates and have had several upgrades over the last two years all unexpected and appreciated last one was because they could not supply me with the type of meal I prefer/ requested. 15 hours in BC was terrific.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:25 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

BA once stuck me up front for a lie down when I'd been barfing for a few hours, back in cattle class. Unfortunately I continued to barf all the way back (LHR to SIN) so the BC-paying passengers didn't get much rest, and I felt terribly guilty.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:25 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody know anybody who works for Etihad?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:40 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP, not much chance of an upgrade. To get one you would have to be a frequent flyer member, easy and free to join though.

See if you can bag an economy seat upstairs on the A380, it's better than downstairs.

BA appear to be about to be hit be a strike so the SIA plane could be full, that's the only way you'd get an upgrade, if economy was full and they needed people to sit in business class to free up economy seats. They'd only give these to highest ranking KrisFlyer members and work their way down form there.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:35 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Best deal I ever saw was with CX. I were flying LHR-HKK an when we arrived at the airport there was a sign at check-i saying tonights flight was overbooked and if you were willing to be bumped off until tomorrow you would get:
4* hotel in London inc breakfast lunch and dinner
Bus class flights the next day
and a 150 quid for the inconvenience!
We took their arm off!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
To the OP, not much chance of an upgrade. To get one you would have to be a frequent flyer member, easy and free to join though.

See if you can bag an economy seat upstairs on the A380, it's better than downstairs.

BA appear to be about to be hit be a strike so the SIA plane could be full, that's the only way you'd get an upgrade, if economy was full and they needed people to sit in business class to free up economy seats. They'd only give these to highest ranking KrisFlyer members and work their way down form there.
I am a frequent flyer member, I have booked downstairs but I could see If i could swap, I have booked a special meal because I have stomach issues, but I am sure I could survive without if it meant a bump lol.

I 100% sure It will be economy all the way. No harm in dreaming though.

Jo
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
I am a frequent flyer member, I have booked downstairs but I could see If i could swap, I have booked a special meal because I have stomach issues, but I am sure I could survive without if it meant a bump lol.

I 100% sure It will be economy all the way. No harm in dreaming though.

Jo
Sorry Jo - having booked a special meal is another thing that counts against your upgrade chances!