Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Timscales until deadline for moving?

Timscales until deadline for moving?

Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:02 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Timscales until deadline for moving?

Hi all.

We've been told that our house sale will probably complete in 9-12 weeks from now and so I am wondering what the general consensus is as to where someone should be now, with respect to getting ready for the actual move?

I am hoping to apply for an ANZ account online (well, download the form, fill it in and send it off) over the weekend and also hoping to set up an fxtransfers account next week. Shippers still need to be contacted and flights wont be booked until we have exchanged contracts on the house. Accomodation for the first month at least will probably be booked within the next week or so.

Anything else (of major importance - i.e. not more minor things)?

Cheers in advance.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:03 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timscales until deadline for moving?

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Hi all.

We've been told that our house sale will probably complete in 9-12 weeks from now and so I am wondering what the general consensus is as to where someone should be now, with respect to getting ready for the actual move?

I am hoping to apply for an ANZ account online (well, download the form, fill it in and send it off) over the weekend and also hoping to set up an fxtransfers account next week. Shippers still need to be contacted and flights wont be booked until we have exchanged contracts on the house. Accomodation for the first month at least will probably be booked within the next week or so.

Anything else (of major importance - i.e. not more minor things)?

Cheers in advance.
If you need to be working right away, spend some time getting your CV / cover letter up to code
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:07 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
If you need to be working right away, spend some time getting your CV / cover letter up to code
Cheers for the feedback.

Well, we were planning to take a month out when we arrive so that the stress of it all doesn't wear us down into the lovely Australian ground. I will probably start looking for a job as soon as we get there but I think we can give ourselves a 1-2 month buffer.

My CV is up-to-date and is served through our family website (and it is has been fashioned in the style of an American resume for a few years now - originally formatted by Monster.Co.Uk) as a PDF document (with my most recent work showcased through a link in the PDF, to a webpage on my web-server).

Anything else?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:12 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Anything else?
Bring sunscreen
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:21 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Don't under estimate the sorting of years worth of crap, that for some unknown reason, we all to a certain extent keep !!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

flights wont be booked until we have exchanged contracts on the house.
Accomodation for the first month at least will probably be booked within the next week or so.
Very wise. I've lost count of the number of people who have booked flights and finished work before contracts are exchanged. Far too risky if you ask me.

A$ rising today. Highest since November. If you think it may fall back you could arrange a forward contract - ie for a 5 or 10% deposit you can fix the rate at what it is now and only pay the balance when it matures.