Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Timings everything so they say

Timings everything so they say

Old Mar 21st 2003, 3:30 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Timings everything so they say

With the rubber Aussie dollar bonucing up and UK house prices on a down I do wonder which of the good people on this forum are getting their timing right?

UK house prices have dropped for the first time in two years and the fall is the largest since 1995, according to a survey by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2865405.stm

Old Mar 21st 2003, 8:26 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timings everything so they say

So let me get me get this right PB. You're now saying that we should not have listened to you before, and gone to Oz when things were better here. Now they're turning to crap we should stay put. Great advice. Thanks for yet another little pearl of wisdom.

Originally posted by pommie bastard
With the rubber Aussie dollar bonucing up and UK house prices on a down I do wonder which of the good people on this forum are getting their timing right?

UK house prices have dropped for the first time in two years and the fall is the largest since 1995, according to a survey by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).

Old Mar 21st 2003, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard

#

Top end of the market only, 500k pounds plus, many other part's of the UK are still growing, sorry it's a wad of cash needed to buy nothing (shoe box) here in conjested England ...

Old Mar 21st 2003, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

BigBill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
#

Top end of the market only, 500k pounds plus, many other part's of the UK are still growing, sorry it's a wad of cash needed to buy nothing (shoe box) here in conjested England ...

Yep, instead you'll need the wad of cash for the airflights to the UK if you want to see your family more than once every five years...
Old Mar 21st 2003, 8:07 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by BigBill
Yep, instead you'll need the wad of cash for the airflights to the UK if you want to see your family more than once every five years...
Check your sums to see it the money works out for you:
UK House (GBP500K): $A 1,250K
Aus House: $A 400K
Difference: $A 950K
Interest at 5% $A 47.5K
Net Interest after 50% tax: $A 23.75K
Cost of Annual Family Fares: $A 10K

Net Interest - Fares: +$A 13.75K
Old Mar 21st 2003, 8:22 pm
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
Check your sums to see it the money works out for you:
UK House (GBP500K): $A 1,250K
Aus House: $A 400K
Difference: $A 950K
Interest at 5% $A 47.5K
Net Interest after 50% tax: $A 23.75K
Cost of Annual Family Fares: $A 10K

Net Interest - Fares: +$A 13.75K

GBP500K for a house? In parts of the south east perhaps...my parents own a four bedroom place in Worcestershire, and I'm sure the dream about selling it for 500K !
Old Mar 21st 2003, 8:23 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by AndrewR
GBP500K for a house? In parts of the south east perhaps...my parents own a four bedroom place in Worcestershire, and I'm sure the dream about selling it for 500K !
Can you or can you not do simple arithmetic?
Old Mar 21st 2003, 8:26 pm
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point

No...sorry sir (holds head in shame)

reminds me of being back in school...
Old Mar 21st 2003, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Yet another delightfully arrogant, biased and rude reply from Megalania...
Old Mar 21st 2003, 9:04 pm
Banned

Originally posted by pommiesheila
Yet another delightfully arrogant, biased and rude reply from Megalania...
Another stupid blowoff from the Wonky Pommie Boiler.

Is it reasonable to presume you are incapable of performing simple arithmetic also? Is that why your steam valve is erratic?
Old Mar 22nd 2003, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

If you lot don't stop it until playtime I'll have to slap your legs!
Old Mar 22nd 2003, 12:53 am
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it reasonable to presume you are incapable of performing simple arithmetic also? Is that why your steam valve is erratic?
Ooooooooh, someones tired !!!
Old Mar 22nd 2003, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Oh dear, me thinks you need to chill out - or seek medical help SOON!!!

You can give it, but you can`t take it can you???

Your arithmetic may be correct, but the figures you start with are grossly exaggerated...
Old Mar 22nd 2003, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BigBill
Hi Big Bill,

We are the only family left in the UK, apart from my parents only, who are following on, all the others have been in OZ all their lives 10 pound pommies etc, so I guess we could come back to the UK for a holiday and have a laugh

It will be nice to see cousins, uncles, aunts and little brother,

Have fun in the conjestion ...
Old Mar 22nd 2003, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

BigBill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Hi Big Bill,

We are the only family left in the UK, apart from my parents only, who are following on, all the others have been in OZ all their lives 10 pound pommies etc, so I guess we could come back to the UK for a holiday and have a laugh

It will be nice to see cousins, uncles, aunts and little brother,

Have fun in the conjestion ...

Hello there Scoobydoo,
Hope you settle in Oz..it will make a big difference for you to have family there.
Everyone has their own decisions to make...personally I like being back in the UK after a few years abroad...not quite sure why that seems to bother you so much...anyway....as I said hope it goes well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.