Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TIMESCALE WHEN U SOLD YOUR HOUSE???

TIMESCALE WHEN U SOLD YOUR HOUSE???

Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:34 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Question TIMESCALE WHEN U SOLD YOUR HOUSE???

We had an offer on monday that we accepted and yesterday the buyer had survey done so things have moved quickly.Any ideas how long it takes after survey to completion??????
Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:39 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TIMESCALE WHEN U SOLD YOUR HOUSE???

Depends on if survey raises any probs, how quickly buyers mortgage offer comes thru, how well the 2 solicitors communicate, how fast they get all the paperwork they require etc.

Our survey was done about 10 days ago and completion set for 31st of aug but solicitors being bit slow and we haven't even exchanged yet...

so anything from 1-3 months really..
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jon&kate
We had an offer on monday that we accepted and yesterday the buyer had survey done so things have moved quickly.Any ideas how long it takes after survey to completion??????
Will definitely depend on how good your's and their solicitor is! My solicitor was fab but my no chain 6 week completion turned into a mammoth 16 week saga. Initial problems nobody's fault but exchange and completion postponed 3 x times by their incompetent solicitor who finally admitted on the 3rd occasion he hadn't done any work at all on the file. We only managed to exchange and complete in the same week because I'd had enough and told them I was pulling out if exchange didn't occur by certain time and date.
Funnily enough it worked. Then again I know someone who accepted offer, exchanged and completed in 4 weeks, no chain though!
Good luck with the sale, hope you don't need it
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:33 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

we are looking at october for our move and hoping it will all be done by then.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:53 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

It should be possible by October but you will need to keep chasing things to make sure your solicitors and the buyer's solicitors don't put you on the bottom of the pile!

I found it a good idea to have a good relationship with the buyers and get their email/phone numbers so that we could ensure both solicitors were working to our timescales. Even with this and no chain involved it took 11 weeks.