Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Timeline for visa

Timeline for visa

Old May 30th 2005, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about
Talking Timeline for visa

HI I know we can chek how long our visas are taking on the time line websites, which I really dont find very useful. Does anyone have an idea of how long the visa's are now taking, as they were suppose to be speeding up since after christmas.

I have read a few people's timeline under their name, but I haven't been on the forum for awhile so just curious as to whether the process has speeded up, or not!!!

As the waiting game is not fun, as others may also appreciate especially as you can't plan!!!!

Grateful for any comments other than the sarcastice ones, which seems to be increasing lately on the forum!!
Old May 30th 2005, 7:54 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for visa

They had been taking about 14-15 weeks from acknowledgement to grant but lately they've slowed down. According to Alan Collett on the immi forum, DIMIA have re-allocated some resources to the pre July '04 backlog, which is only right in my opinion. Despite me being in the other queue
Old May 30th 2005, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by wmoore
They had been taking about 14-15 weeks from acknowledgement to grant but lately they've slowed down. According to Alan Collett on the immi forum, DIMIA have re-allocated some resources to the pre July '04 backlog, which is only right in my opinion. Despite me being in the other queue
Yes I agree, but it doesn't stop the waiting being so painful, fingers crossed we will both be fortunate to have some news within three months but I wont hold my breath.
Old May 30th 2005, 8:07 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian_H
Yes I agree, but it doesn't stop the waiting being so painful, fingers crossed we will both be fortunate to have some news within three months but I wont hold my breath.
Three months I've sold my house and handed my notice in at work already. I want an answer in 3 weeks (or failing that as soon as those nice chaps at DIMIA can fit in the time to look over my application ).
Old May 30th 2005, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Three months I've sold my house and handed my notice in at work already. I want an answer in 3 weeks (or failing that as soon as those nice chaps at DIMIA can fit in the time to look over my application ).

That is scary how brave are you, hope work are wishing you luck and not giving you a hard time!!

Congrates on selling the house, we are in the midst of selling ours, but I wont hold my breath of selling it too soon as the market seems to have slowed, sounds familiar in with things going on in my life at the mo.

No doubt you will let us know when you have recieved your visa. We wont give notice until everything is finalised, as alot of people have had so much crap from their employers dont want to go down than road However we do live in hope!!
Old May 30th 2005, 8:31 pm
What's happening dudes?

That is scary how brave are you, hope work are wishing you luck and not giving you a hard time!!

Congrates on selling the house.
We took the decision to sell it at the back end of last year - in an uncertain market, flogging it when we could was a good move. Houses in our old town are not selling too well at the mo, so despite living with the in-laws for the last 6 months, we don't regret it.

Work have been very, very good about the whole thing. And because I haven't got the visa yet, we've agreed for me to stay on week-to-week and help them out until I get it. It's just that they wanted official notice in writing so I had to do it now, just in case the visa comes. We want to get basically the next flight out once we have the passports stamped
Old May 30th 2005, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

We took the decision to sell it at the back end of last year - in an uncertain market, flogging it when we could was a good move. Houses in our old town are not selling too well at the mo, so despite living with the in-laws for the last 6 months, we don't regret it.

Work have been very, very good about the whole thing. And because I haven't got the visa yet, we've agreed for me to stay on week-to-week and help them out until I get it. It's just that they wanted official notice in writing so I had to do it now, just in case the visa comes. We want to get basically the next flight out once we have the passports stamped
Sounds like you have it all planned out, good for you!!! You are very fortunate that work is on your side.

Again your brave, living with the in laws that is a challenge in itself regardless of how much you get on as you dont have your own personal space. Therefore you must be even more anxious to move. Well let us know when you get that yellow envelope, especially as we lodged ours first. By the sounds of it there is no pattern to how they process the visa's
Old May 30th 2005, 8:57 pm
What's happening dudes?

Sounds like you have it all planned out, good for you!!! You are very fortunate that work is on your side.

Again your brave, living with the in laws that is a challenge in itself regardless of how much you get on as you dont have your own personal space. Therefore you must be even more anxious to move. Well let us know when you get that yellow envelope, especially as we lodged ours first. By the sounds of it there is no pattern to how they process the visa's
You're spot on, we're very anxious to move

My application was acknowledged on 2nd March.
Old May 30th 2005, 9:00 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Likewise. We are just waiting for TRA to return, any day soon I hope. All other paperwork is done and ready to be submitted as soon as TRA comes back. We have someone who wants to buy our house (private sales) and buyers for our car and hubby's van and business. Just sit back and watch the wheels of motion go zooming around once we get TRA back
Old May 30th 2005, 9:02 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Likewise. We are just waiting for TRA to return, any day soon I hope. All other paperwork is done and ready to be submitted as soon as TRA comes back. We have someone who wants to buy our house (private sales) and buyers for our car and hubby's van and business. Just sit back and watch the wheels of motion go zooming around once we get TRA back
It's good to be organised isn't it? Then again, it just seems to make the waiting more difficult. We've got everything ready to roll too, we just need that bloody stamp in our passports
Old May 30th 2005, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Timeline for visa

Oh my mistake we lodged after yours, at the end of the month so it will be interesting to see who will hear first. Do you have friends or family out in oz, or will you be making the transition alone? If this is the case you will be going from one anxious state to another. We have never been to oz before, so we have very mix feelings about all this but much looking forward to it!!
Old May 30th 2005, 9:07 pm

We've been out there before. Got a sister with boys the same age as my own, she also owns a second house that we can rent while we find our feet but we know whereabouts we want to go and which school etc. so just wait for the ok
Old May 30th 2005, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Timeline for visa

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
We've been out there before. Got a sister with boys the same age as my own, she also owns a second house that we can rent while we find our feet but we know whereabouts we want to go and which school etc. so just wait for the ok

Nice one, makes the transition even easier. I bet your family in oz are just as anxious for you to arrive. I wish some of my family would consider coming with us, they say they will visit but I dont that they will as its so far. Fingers crossed we will hear soon from DIMIA
Old May 31st 2005, 9:32 am

Nice one, makes the transition even easier. I bet your family in oz are just as anxious for you to arrive. I wish some of my family would consider coming with us, they say they will visit but I dont that they will as its so far. Fingers crossed we will hear soon from DIMIA
Ahhh, family in Oz we may have BUT we will be leaving three of our own children behind!!!!
Old May 31st 2005, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Re: Timeline for visa

My application for a PR Visa 136 was received the end of Nov.04. Medicals and police checks requested start of March 05. Medicals and Police checks sent and received the middle of March 05 and then nothing. We are still waiting for our Visa.Agent said there is nothing to worry about, but can't help myself. Life in permanent limbo at present, the wait is killing us, but what can we do.