Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Timeline, stage and what to do now?

Timeline, stage and what to do now?

Old Sep 15th 2007, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timeline, stage and what to do now?

People keep sayign we should put the house on the market NOW.

What do you think?

Started the visa process a year ago. filled out forms etc had to get things from hubby's Oz employer which took time had to send to migration agent etc. we were told we could get PCC's done, sent off for them got them back end of January. application acknowledged end of Feb this year, after askign to go on the waiting list for medicals we eventaully got seen in June, only for the dr's to screw up and send the meds by standard post (didn't find this out til 2 months later), the copies of the reports went to OZ 2 weeks ago via courier and arrived 3 days after dispatch, we have now been told there's a backlog at LCU and our meds probably won't be processed for another 2 weeks.
Hubby doesn't want to put house on market until we have the visa's.

But what would you do next, until we have the visa's there's no point in booking flights cause if we'd have goen by the original time line we were given we'd have had flights booked for August and had to cancel them.

We don't want to assume everythign is ok until we have the visa's in our hands, whcih means it's hard to plan anything including flights kids school trips here etc etc.

What would you do and has the process taken you as long or are we just unlucky?
Old Sep 15th 2007, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Timeline, stage and what to do now?

Well Jen , i am putting mine on market in next few weeks . have my CO , who has requested meds ( they are in LCU ) as you say thrre is back log & mine won't get viewed for another month .
police checks should be here soon .

expecting visas by xmas & wanna go in May'ish

am confident & i wanna get it sold , get in to rented even if thats over xmas i ain't bothered .

by selling early i hope to avoid ppl trying it on , having it to sell & it taking ages plus i can put it on at the higher value for a month or so .

its all a gamble & you have to do what you are happy with .

Old Sep 15th 2007, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

oh & R was looking at flights the other night
Old Sep 15th 2007, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice

HI Jen

I would put your house on the market, we got our visa and then went on a valid trip because we were worried with the housing market and other things. Anyway we put the house on the market 3 weeks ago and have a buyer but we dont hold out that they will go all the way. But I wished we had done it earlier now, because I am stressed that the housing market is going to fall and if the buyers pull out it could take ages before we get out to
Oz .

Old Sep 15th 2007, 4:14 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

nobody can really advise on when to put your house on the market as it's a very personal thing, but, as I see it you have a more pressing issue of your PCC running out in January (they're only valid for a year!) It might pay you to get another done and send it off again, otherwise you'll be up against it with validation of your visas before it runs out! (Validation of visa MUST happen before the PCC expires)
I can tell you what our plans and timeline are
12/9/07 Visa application.
15/9/07 PCC's sent for
Planning
Medicals around December
House on Market just before Christmas.. (means that your ready for new year and if anyone wants to see it they've GOT to be serious, if they're looking at that time of year!)

Hoping to leave the country any time from Easter onwards... If all else fails we'll have to shack up with my mother!