Reload this Page >

Timeline - Hope for Oz Spouse Sponsored Visas

Timeline - Hope for Oz Spouse Sponsored Visas

Old May 2nd 2002, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

bsftaylorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timeline - Hope for Oz Spouse Sponsored Visas

Hello all

This should give hope to anyone embarking on an application for a Spouse Sponsored Visa.

I posted my application by special delivery (including medicals) on 17 April 2002.

On Monday 29 April received acknowledgment letter (dated 24 April, sent 2nd Class!) stating 6 month average processing time etc, and asking for my Police Clearance Certificates).

Luckily the Police had sent these back about a week before, so sent them to AHC in London on Tuesday 30 April, again special delivery.

Got a phone call from Case Officer at AHC 1 May 2002 - received Police Cetificates and my visa has been approved!

!5 days from the application leaving my hands!

Still too stunned to comprehend the speed!

A bit of background about the application - My wife is Australian by birth - born in Brisbane, came over here 12 years ago. We have been together 10 years, living together 8 years, married 6 years. My daughters were born in the UK - we have applied for registration as citizens by descent, so I was the only one on the application.

Got the medicals done before applying, and sent them off with the application. Sent off for the Police clearance ages ago - it takes them 6 weeks to process.

Sent medicals with application, plus a covering letter, lots of photos of us together as a couple and family, a few certified copies of documents showing financial pooling (joint bank accounts, mortgage documents etc), statutory declarations from two friends, and a detailed (11 page) chronological narrative of our life together. For what it's worth, I am a chartered accountand with a degree in computer science.

Hope this shows there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Mark
Old May 2nd 2002, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Moo30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - Hope for Oz Spouse Sponsored Visas

Congrats Mark!

It does seem that they are moving partner visas along alot quicker than they quote on the AHC website ... which gives hope to us all!

All the best for the move.

Amanda.
Old May 2nd 2002, 9:26 am
Just Joined

collingham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - Hope for Oz Spouse Sponsored Visas

That must be a record! Good effort

Pretty much in the same boat as you, am putting the final touches to my spouse visa application. Was the Police Clearance cert pretty straight forward to get? + as far as medicals are concerned do you have to go an AHC approved doctor? if so where do you get the list from and is there a set form that they have to fill out?

Thanks for your help