Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Timeframes between visa & migrating?

Timeframes between visa & migrating?

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Intershmet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timeframes between visa & migrating?

Does anybody know:
If a residency visa has been applied for outside Oz (i.e. in the UK), after it has granted is there a time limit in which you have to move to Australia - is so, how long do you have?

Any info is greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Visa has to be validated.you usually have a year from when meds/police checks are done.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 10:11 am
owieb

You have to either move to Australia or validate your visa by the date they give you when they grant the visa. This is normally 12 months from the date when you had either your medical or police checks done.

So if you had your medical in March 2004 and they granted your visa in September 2004 you would have until March 2005 to either move to Australia or come here on a trip to validate it. Worth noting that everyone on your application has to come and validate at the same time.

As I understand you then have 5 years in which to move here otherwise you have to get a resident return visa. Though I'm not absolutely sure on this bit, so it maybe worth checking with someone else or if someone else knows please add it to the post!

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 10:26 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeframes between visa & migrating?

Have a look here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/faqs.cfm#07

Best regards.

Originally posted by Intershmet
Does anybody know:
If a residency visa has been applied for outside Oz (i.e. in the UK), after it has granted is there a time limit in which you have to move to Australia - is so, how long do you have?

Any info is greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 10:45 am
owieb

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Have a look here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/faqs.cfm#07

Best regards.
Thanks Alan. I should have just said go and check out Go Matilda!

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Intershmet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by owieb
Thanks Alan. I should have just said go and check out Go Matilda!

*WOW!* Thanks for the info, & great site!! I'm flabberghasted with how quick you have all responded!! Cheers,