Reload this Page >

Time span for nurses

Time span for nurses

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

andrea jc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time span for nurses

Hi
Just joined this site and just started emigration process.
Does anyone have any idea if nurses are always accepted for Oz and how long we may have to wait until we know?

Andrea
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:24 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Time span for nurses

Originally posted by andrea jc
Hi
Does anyone have any idea if nurses are always accepted for Oz and how long we may have to wait until we know?

Andrea
Nurses are very much in demand in Oz. The waiting period for a visa I believe is 3 - 4 months.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:33 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Andrea,

I think as long as you are a first level nurse and have worked as such for enough time over the last few years you should be fine.

My skills assessment took 6 weeks from the ANC (NMC arent quick with their bits so request them early) and our main application took 14 weeks from submission to receipt of visa (skilled independant no job lined up). The paperwork is a nightmare to collect but we did ours without an agent and didnt encounter any problems.

Good luck,

Michaela
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:37 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by andrea jc
Hi

Andrea

hi Andrea,
I think it goes without saying that you will have absolutely no problems getting accepted (unless you have a serious criminal record/nmc suspension or ban) as a nurse!
nurses are fastracked through...some in as little as 4 weeks, others do take a few months or more, but generally it is much quicker than most other professions.....soem on here are still waiting a couple of years down the line!!
If you go with a state nominated visa it can be even quicker.
depends on the visa you wish to go out on.....if you go on the temp visa (eg through an agency or an employer work contract) which is valid for up to 4 years, that will take even less time...a couple of weeks I think.

where abouts are you going?

sue
ps there are quite a few nurses on here so ask anything....one of us might be able to help!!
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We got our visa in just under 8 weeks! that wasn't front loaded!
the skills assessment , which you do first took about the same amount of time i think.
we did our application without an agent. it was a bit of a pain getting all the info, but i didn't discover this site until after i had finished the paperworK
I would recommend photocpying everything twice. all the info you send to the ANC you then have to send to adelaide. i didn't realise that the ANC wouldn't send it back!
as has been said, there are a few of us on this board, so just keep asking away.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

We were undecided about going to NZ or Oz, so we have gone for Oz as it seemed a bit easier than having to get a job offer in NZ. However, we still may go to NZ instead as I gather we could settle in either country.
We have a dream of buying some sort of farm and are researching that at the moment.

Andrea
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andrea

And welcome to this highly addictive site.
As Sue has already mentioned there are quite a lot of nurses who use this site so if you have any questions fire away and I am sure somebody will be able to answer them.

Another useful site you might want to check out is

www.austimeline.com

If you select ANCI as the assessment agency this will give you some idea as to the length of time that nurses visas are being processed.

My time line is:http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...App.jsp?id=936

Pretty quick I thought ,a lot quicker than I had expected.
Your probably thinking well what is she still doing in the UK, well whilst we were waiting for the house to sell my hubby decided that he didn't want to make the move.
Hence the reason for a trip to Oz in two weeks time to validate our visas and also have a good loook around and try to get a feel of the place
Good luck with your application and if you have any queries just try a search on the site or post a new thread

Di
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 6:20 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Hi, I'm a nurse going skilled independant. Sent off for skills assessment a few weeks ago. Now awaiting reply. I'm on austimeline - same user name.
Good luck with everything.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by vicky o
Hi, I'm a nurse going skilled independant. Sent off for skills assessment a few weeks ago. Now awaiting reply. I'm on austimeline - same user name.
Good luck with everything.

Hi Vicky

Did you use an agent? What is austimeline?
Where do you want to go to? I'm seriously thinking about nz now but I'm not sure it's that straightforward

Andrea
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:22 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Hi Andrea,

We are off to Perth, hopefully at the latter end of this year. We haven't used an agent. Quite frankly, if you're intelligent enough to get through your nursing exams, then you can suss out the application form, IMO. And of course, you'll have loads of help on this forum.

Try this link for expected timescales:

www.austimeline.com

It lets you put in all the stages of your application.

Good luck with your decision re OZ/NZ

Vicky
Old Feb 29th 2004, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Ansy is an unknown quantity at this point

Took me just under 35 days from the date of lodging application with Adelaide Skilled Processing Center
Old Feb 29th 2004, 12:34 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ansy
Took me just under 35 days from the date of lodging application with Adelaide Skilled Processing Center

wow...thats quick!!!
did you send in pc's and meds at same time too?

good luck!

sue
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Ansy is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent Police Checks and Medical Exams when they were requested. All thanks to God, my health is great, my background is clean and the person processing my paperwork was hardworking.