Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Time to say goodbye

Time to say goodbye

Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Time to say goodbye

Time to say goodbye - that was the last song the rotten so and so's played at our party last night

We fly tomorrow to Brisbane and then on to the Gold Coast.

I have been having a bit of a rotten time over the last few weeks as I have been very nervous and unsure about the move. Luckily, I said goodbye to my family in the UK two weeks ago so I do not have that to go through tomorrow at the airport.

The leaving party was with some of our friends and the staff in the hotel where my husband had been General Manager for the past seven years. It is a lovely place and I will be sad to leave.

My SIL and her family have descended on us - they have been here since Friday and they will leave at midnight They have made me even more nervous and really stressed me out.

So, I leave tomorrow morning at 11am to fly from Antalya to Istanbul where we will be picking up the flight to Brisbane.

Good luck to all those still waiting.
Thanks for all the help and support that I have received from my mates on this forum - I hope that I get to meet some of you soon.

Take care
Debs
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:34 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time to say goodbye

Debs,

I am pleased for you that you have made it this far. I know its not been easy for you, at all. But you have done it, and now the fun begins.

Try to enjoy the adventure of it all. I hope the flight isnt too horrible, as they can sometimes be.

I will be really looking forward to hearing how you are settling once you reach the Gold Coast. Having met you at the Essex meet, I believe you will fit in really well at the Gold Coast and I have no doubt you will love your new life in Oz.

As I have said to a few of the others before they left, try and enjoy each and every "first" you experience from the moment you arrive....

Sending you loads of hugs for your journey,

Hels
xxx
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hels
Debs,

I am pleased for you that you have made it this far. I know its not been easy for you, at all. But you have done it, and now the fun begins.

Try to enjoy the adventure of it all. I hope the flight isnt too horrible, as they can sometimes be.

I will be really looking forward to hearing how you are settling once you reach the Gold Coast. Having met you at the Essex meet, I believe you will fit in really well at the Gold Coast and I have no doubt you will love your new life in Oz.

As I have said to a few of the others before they left, try and enjoy each and every "first" you experience from the moment you arrive....

Sending you loads of hugs for your journey,

Hels
xxx
Thanks Hels.
I hope that you are feeling better now and have a great journey to Oz.

Iam sure that our paths will cross again in the future.
Take care
Debsx
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:45 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debsy
Thanks Hels.
I hope that you are feeling better now and have a great journey to Oz.

Iam sure that our paths will cross again in the future.
Take care
Debsx

Debs,

I am feeling great!! Just really anxious to get on the plane on Tuesday ourselves. We will be arriving in Oz the same day as you!!

I have no doubt that we will be heading up to the GC at some stage in the future, so will be looking for a discounted room at what I am sure will be a swanky Hotel that you and the hubby will be running

Talk to ya when we are both in Oz....

Hels
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

linda 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bye, have a wonderful life, may it be all you wish for.
It was magic there last week, the park you reccomended was great.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hels
Debs,

I am feeling great!! Just really anxious to get on the plane on Tuesday ourselves. We will be arriving in Oz the same day as you!!

I have no doubt that we will be heading up to the GC at some stage in the future, so will be looking for a discounted room at what I am sure will be a swanky Hotel that you and the hubby will be running

Talk to ya when we are both in Oz....

Hels
Ok Hels
Will pm you when I arrive and when I have a mobile.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Debsy; its only natural to be nervous and unsure, but I'm sure it'll all go well for you.
Hels is right - try and enjoy every "first" !!
Looking forward to meeting up with you.
Happy landings,
Polly
xx

PS Do you still have my mobile number??
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by linda 1
Bye, have a wonderful life, may it be all you wish for.
It was magic there last week, the park you reccomended was great.
Thanks Linda
Glad you had a great time.
Good luck for you and your family when you move back to the UK. Hope everything goes well for you.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Good luck Debsy; its only natural to be nervous and unsure, but I'm sure it'll all go well for you.
Hels is right - try and enjoy every "first" !!
Looking forward to meeting up with you.
Happy landings,
Polly
xx

PS Do you still have my mobile number??
Thanks Poll,
I think I still have it somewhere.

See you at the Indie
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:55 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hey Debs,

Hope you have a good trip... look fwd to meeting you if you can get up to a Brissy girls night out sometime
Old Oct 4th 2004, 6:10 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's hope it's not goodbye but kebab ya later
Old Oct 4th 2004, 6:55 am
Go Banana's !!

Hi Debs,

I know you were feeling a bit wobbly at the meet but after talking to you I am sure you and your husband will make a complete success of whatever business venture you eventually take over.

Keep in touch as when Jill and I come over to that side on walkabout then we'll be sure to look you up.

Keep smiling.

Best wishes

Warren

Old Oct 4th 2004, 7:22 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Time to say goodbye - that was the last song the rotten so and so's played at our party last night

We fly tomorrow to Brisbane and then on to the Gold Coast.

I have been having a bit of a rotten time over the last few weeks as I have been very nervous and unsure about the move. Luckily, I said goodbye to my family in the UK two weeks ago so I do not have that to go through tomorrow at the airport.

The leaving party was with some of our friends and the staff in the hotel where my husband had been General Manager for the past seven years. It is a lovely place and I will be sad to leave.

My SIL and her family have descended on us - they have been here since Friday and they will leave at midnight They have made me even more nervous and really stressed me out.

So, I leave tomorrow morning at 11am to fly from Antalya to Istanbul where we will be picking up the flight to Brisbane.

Good luck to all those still waiting.
Thanks for all the help and support that I have received from my mates on this forum - I hope that I get to meet some of you soon.

Take care
Debs

Good luck Debs!!
Best Wishes to you all for your future x
Donna.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 7:24 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Debsy
Old Oct 4th 2004, 8:22 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Hi Debs,

Have a great journey and an even better new life.

Can't believe how quickly it has all come round now.

Did you sort the shipping n the end

Good luck
Kala

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.