Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TIME IS RUNNING OUT ,WHAT CAN WE DO

TIME IS RUNNING OUT ,WHAT CAN WE DO

Old Jul 3rd 2011, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

kericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud of
Default TIME IS RUNNING OUT ,WHAT CAN WE DO

hi all,i really dont know what to do,we have our house up for sale its been up for 6 weeks now,i know it doesnt seem a long time but when you havent got much time on your hands it is.Our visas are due to run out next march and are really wanting to go back to oz,the estate agents give you all the crap and say it will sell all it takes is one person to want it,we do live in a nice area and we are waiting on 2 second viewings on it and one feed back which they do say is good,me and hubby have spoke about it and said about phoning the visa people up where we had got ours to see if we can start the progress again,my hubby is still on the skills list can we do that.i so regret coming back and not given it enough time out there and i know people will say well why did you come back in the first place i came back for the wrong reasons as i have said in another post,is there anyone else in a simular situation,we cant even rent it out as hubby has spoken to someone about it already and as it would be a buy to let it would be more hassle,just need some advice as to where we can go from here thanks.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 11:45 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TIME IS RUNNING OUT ,WHAT CAN WE DO

Sorry I don't have any opinion that's helpful, but I didn't want to read and run.

You do have 9 months before your visa runs out... so there's really a lot of time left, even though you feel that it's not. If you're house is the right price it will sell.
Keep positive, it will come.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

kericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud of

hi thanks for yr reply,we have got to be back in oz by march 27th time is going by so quick and its like im counting down ,we have got our house at the right price im just gonna have to wait and see what happens,i will give it another few weeks until our contract will be nearly up then go with another estate agent ,ive just got to keep positive i know but it is hard,my hubby even suggested about him going back out there and staying until the house sells,but what happens if mine and the kids visas run out,does he then have to apply for a spouse visa how does it work would you know thanks.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 12:13 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kericare
hi all,i really dont know what to do,we have our house up for sale its been up for 6 weeks now,i know it doesnt seem a long time but when you havent got much time on your hands it is.Our visas are due to run out next march and are really wanting to go back to oz,the estate agents give you all the crap and say it will sell all it takes is one person to want it,we do live in a nice area and we are waiting on 2 second viewings on it and one feed back which they do say is good,me and hubby have spoke about it and said about phoning the visa people up where we had got ours to see if we can start the progress again,my hubby is still on the skills list can we do that.i so regret coming back and not given it enough time out there and i know people will say well why did you come back in the first place i came back for the wrong reasons as i have said in another post,is there anyone else in a simular situation,we cant even rent it out as hubby has spoken to someone about it already and as it would be a buy to let it would be more hassle,just need some advice as to where we can go from here thanks.
Personally I would not be thinking about starting the process again just yet, things have a habit of changing at any given point and just out of the blue, you may find you get a buyer.

At the moment, you still have the visa, you still want to go to Australia and you still have a house to sell - it aint over till the fat lady sings (and trust me I can sing loudly)

Research house selling tips, check out houses that have sold successfully in/around you and if it isnt your estate agent, perhaps try and find out any tips that were done. Sometimes old fashioned simple things can work.

But honestly, dont give up yet and dont think of starting again unless you have to - you still have the ingredients to get to Australia and buyers can pop up when you least expect them to.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

hi pp,thanks for your reply i dont want to sound thick but what do you mean by old fashion tips,houses are selling around our area,and our estate agent are doing their best we have done all the house up so there is nothing left more to do,we live in a close with the country side at the end of our road ,were off road parking people that have come round have said that its a lovely area,were waiting on 2 second veiwings as i said before i just hope we hear something,its so hard when there is nothing you can do though,we have another 5 weeks with the agent but it is so frustrating.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

sorry meant to say old fashion simple things
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 12:41 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

hi pp,thanks for your reply i dont want to sound thick but what do you mean by old fashion tips,houses are selling around our area,and our estate agent are doing their best we have done all the house up so there is nothing left more to do,we live in a close with the country side at the end of our road ,were off road parking people that have come round have said that its a lovely area,were waiting on 2 second veiwings as i said before i just hope we hear something,its so hard when there is nothing you can do though,we have another 5 weeks with the agent but it is so frustrating.
Just the old stuff people used to do like house clean, tidy, free from clutter, homely, coffee on the go (fresh coffee), garden nice and tidy - when people come for a viewing they can think 'yes, this is homely, I can see myself living here'.

One estate agent I knew in the UK used to say the stuff that makes it home for you as in nice smells (fresh bread/cakes, coffee) can make it seem like a home to others.

Some people cannot see potential of a house, they want something they can just move in to.

Bet you anything you will get something soon.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 12:45 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Have you spoken to your bank about renting it out. Don't listen to a friend of a friend, go to straight to the horses mouth. Also, I recall your posts both here and other expat websites. Are you sure you want to come back to Perth? THe grass isn't always greener, you were pretty down when you were here last.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 6:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

my hubby even suggested about him going back out there and staying until the house sells,but what happens if mine and the kids visas run out,does he then have to apply for a spouse visa how does it work would you know thanks.
Hopefully it wouldn't come to this, but if it did, either your husband or you could go out to Aus while the other remains in the UK, the one remaining behind would probably stand a good chance of getting a RRV (resident return visa) when the time came to move on the grounds of the one partner being established in Aus. If not, then a Spouse Visa is the way to go
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the reply pollyana,but does it make a difference as we would have been out of the country for coming up 2yrs now regarding the rrv visa,im just hoping the house sells.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 6:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reply pollyana,but does it make a difference as we would have been out of the country for coming up 2yrs now regarding the rrv visa,im just hoping the house sells.
It might be more of an issue if you all apply for RRVs but if one of you goes back to Aus before the visas expire, and settles with a job, house etc, then the rest of the family have a much better chance of getting RRVs on the strength of that
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

ok thanks for that,will see how things go with the house hopefully it will sell so it doesnt have to come to that thanks for replying back.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Just the old stuff people used to do like house clean, tidy, free from clutter, homely, coffee on the go (fresh coffee), garden nice and tidy - when people come for a viewing they can think 'yes, this is homely, I can see myself living here'.

One estate agent I knew in the UK used to say the stuff that makes it home for you as in nice smells (fresh bread/cakes, coffee) can make it seem like a home to others.

Some people cannot see potential of a house, they want something they can just move in to.

Bet you anything you will get something soon.
hi pp,sorry have just seen yr reply,yes i know what you mean i have it clean and tidy all the time thats all i seem to do lol,and have it smelling really nice im also keeping the garden front and back looking nice too,and i do hope yr right will let you know how things go thanks for replying.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:31 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

....we have got our house at the right price im just gonna have to wait and see what happens,i will give it another few weeks until our contract will be nearly up then go with another estate agent
This is often a sensitive question, but if it helps to reassess your urgent need to make this sale then it is worth putting out there.

How certain are you that the house is 'at the right price' ?
The UK continues to be in a weakening housing market, having just had 7 straight months of ongoing price declines across the board (with London being the only exception).
Has your price been readjusted in the very recent past to account for that ?
Sources :
http://www.efinancialnews.com/story/...nks?mod=promos
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/seri...se-prices-blog

If your RE agent is doing any kind of reasonable job in ensuring your property is visible for the market to consider, and if it is priced at what the market is willing to pay, it should move.
However, it may take 1, 2 , 3 months longer to sell if you can't move any further on the price.

You are in a tradeoff situation here. Price Vs Patience.
If you have no wiggle room to adjust either of those variables, then that is always a tough situation to be in.

Fingers crossed for you

Last edited by DownUnderPaddy; Jul 4th 2011 at 1:49 am.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

If other houses in your area are selling but yours is not then you need to look at why. As DUP says above, you need to look at how it's priced.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.