Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

time from medicals to visa?

time from medicals to visa?

Old Sep 8th 2002, 8:28 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: sunshine coast
Posts: 99
wannabee sheila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default time from medicals to visa?

Hi everyone
its been 18 months now since we applied under skilled indp to london.
Medicals and police checks done and returned to AHC 1 month ago. Has anyone any idea how much longer we'll have to wait until we get those willy wonka golden tickets? House is sold and we are eager to get to Brisbane asap. Anyone else going to Brisbane that would like to stay in touch can email me.
wannabee sheila is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2002, 8:37 am
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
Ginny's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 455
Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: time from medicals to visa?

Originally posted by wannabee sheila:
Hi everyone
its been 18 months now since we applied under skilled indp to london.
Medicals and police checks done and returned to AHC 1 month ago. Has anyone any idea how much longer we'll have to wait until we get those willy wonka golden tickets? House is sold and we are eager to get to Brisbane asap. Anyone else going to Brisbane that would like to stay in touch can email me.
Hello there,

We also sent our PR to London and have just recently sent our medicals and police checks. I asked this not so long ago but it returned the usual reply on 'how long is a piece of string'. We applied through Independant Skilled in October 2001 and got word to attend the medicals etc 8 months later. (We thought that was pretty quick.) It seems to me that they are fast tracking nurses, my occupation, but as for when we can take off is in the land of the gods!
We are also hoping for Brisbane and would love to stay in touch. Couldn't manage to email you though so you might need to alter your profile or email me with your email address.

Cheers

Ginny
Ginny is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2002, 11:38 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: sunshine coast
Posts: 99
wannabee sheila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: time from medicals to visa?

Hi Ginny
Thanks for your reply. I tried to email you too but couldn't, you may need to alter your profile, I have now.
Where are you hoping to live? We're heading for Brissy or sunshine coast (work and schools will decide for us).
Hope to hear from you and any others.
wannabee sheila is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2002, 12:32 pm
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
Ginny's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 455
Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: time from medicals to visa?

Originally posted by wannabee sheila:
Hi Ginny
Thanks for your reply. I tried to email you too but couldn't, you may need to alter your profile, I have now.
Where are you hoping to live? We're heading for Brissy or sunshine coast (work and schools will decide for us).
Hope to hear from you and any others.
Hi,

I've altered my profile so hopefully that will work. We're also hoping for Brisbane. We will probably have to go out to validate first then go later. Taking the hubby and two kids, both under five. What about you?

Regards

Ginny
Ginny is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2002, 12:56 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 23
Gooner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: time from medicals to visa?

Hi,


Can some one give me some information about validating PR Visa please. Once you validate your visa is it allowed to come back to UK and stay for a year or two and then migrate for good after that? Thanks


Originally posted by Ginny:


Hi,

I've altered my profile so hopefully that will work. We're also hoping for Brisbane. We will probably have to go out to validate first then go later. Taking the hubby and two kids, both under five. What about you?

Regards

Ginny
Gooner is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2002, 6:50 pm
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
Ginny's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 455
Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: time from medicals to visa?

Originally posted by Gooner:
Hi,


Can some one give me some information about validating PR Visa please. Once you validate your visa is it allowed to come back to UK and stay for a year or two and then migrate for good after that? Thanks

Hi there,

that question seems to have been asked just recently. As far as we were aware you must validate your visas within the year. (The year starts from the date of police and medical checks). After that we think that you can return to the UK and go back to Oz within 5 years. The debate earlier seems to be wether the five years starts from when you validate or when your visas are issued. I cannot comment on this last piece but if you look a little further back you may find the info you need.

Hope this helps

Ginny
Ginny is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2002, 7:47 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 23
Gooner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: time from medicals to visa?

Originally posted by Ginny:
Thanks Ginny for the Information.

Hi there,

that question seems to have been asked just recently. As far as we were aware you must validate your visas within the year. (The year starts from the date of police and medical checks). After that we think that you can return to the UK and go back to Oz within 5 years. The debate earlier seems to be wether the five years starts from when you validate or when your visas are issued. I cannot comment on this last piece but if you look a little further back you may find the info you need.

Hope this helps

Ginny
Gooner is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.