Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The time has nearly come..........

The time has nearly come..........

Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default The time has nearly come..........

........... to bid farewell to our old life, we leave on 26th November heading to Bunbury, and I wanted to make the most of this rare 'quiet' time to say a massive thankyou to everyone who has offered help and support over the last 10 months or so.

I have learnt a lot about myself this past year. I have gone from being completely focussed to completely paralized with fear and worry about what i am doing. You lot on here have been fantastic and we can head off knowing that we are as prepared as anyone can possibly be.

We have met people, both in person and cyber, that I hope will be friends for life. Im going into this eyes wide open that it is going to be very very hard but there is no one more determined than myself to give it our best shot. I am sure there will be times i question the logic of my decisions but in my heart of hearts i know we will make it work.
I have been through the mill with my family as many of you are aware but we now seem to be over the worst of it and everyone is being very supportive.

I have met my dad for the first time in nearly 15 years and it is with mixed emotions that i say good bye to him so soon after saying hello.

My eldest son is staying behind to finish his degree which is going to hurt but i leave him knowing he is happy and proud of my decision and know that he will join us at a later date if and only if the decision is right for him at that time. I can leave him knowing that he is happy, safe and secure doing something that he loves,if i didnt know that i would not be able to go. I am proud of all my kids but when i look at him i want to burst with pride, he hasnt had what most would call a conventional childhood but he has excelled at everything he does and i know he will continue to do so.

My house is now a shell with just the bare minimum to exist, our most treasured possessions are on the high seas on route, but everything i need in life is still here - my kids and with them i can conquer the world, we will have a damned good try anyway

Once again - thankyou to you all for allowing me to scream, cry and rant as well as listen to my child like euphoria you are all fantastic

I will still be around over the next couple of weeks and of course when we arrive but im not sure i will have the time to get this all out SO here it is in all is mushy glory ................

Hang out the flags - the Starkies are on their way to Oz!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

moores will become famous soon enoughmoores will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The time has nearly come..........

That was very touching

good luck in your new adventure

xxx
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moores
That was very touching

good luck in your new adventure

xxx
it wasnt meant to make you cry
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

You'll do better than fine hon, and remember that what you see in your son that fills you with pride are qualities that you have given him.

Safe trip
xx
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:40 pm
Flown

FlyingPicketts is on a distinguished road

If anyone can make it YOU can..............good luck from a fellow Aprilee
Phil and family
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

It will all come good, you'll see. Hope the last couple of weeks aren't too stressfull for you. I bet your sons proud of his mum too

Mandy
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

you go girl ! and wish you good luck in all that you do and where ever you go,
cant wait for the up-date
take care,
sarah x
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
It will all come good, you'll see. Hope the last couple of weeks aren't too stressfull for you. I bet your sons proud of his mum too

Mandy
Hi Mandy

We wish you all the luck in the world on the next phase of your life......Hopefully we will be following in your footsteps soon..
All the Best for your future
Sharon
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

NikiL, well said All the best daunted .
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NikiL
You'll do better than fine hon, and remember that what you see in your son that fills you with pride are qualities that you have given him.

Safe trip
xx
Thanks and you know what I DO!! i am dead proud of myself for what my kids have turned into! Too often we dont give ourselves any credit but i know i have taught my children to go get out there and do what you want to do, nothing is impossible if you want it bad enough

Originally Posted by FlyingPicketts
If anyone can make it YOU can..............good luck from a fellow Aprilee
Phil and family
Thanks i am smilin so much my jaw hurts good luck to you and yours too xxx

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2

Mandy
Thanks scrawni - we are ready to go. I started packing and organising so long ago so that this next couple of weeks i can concentrate on spending time with those important tome and getting lots of sleep in preparation. If the airline rang and said we had to go tomorrow - we are all sorted

Originally Posted by sarahlou
you go girl ! and wish you good luck in all that you do and where ever you go,
cant wait for the up-date
take care,
sarah x
SEE what I mean about this site?? It fantastic Thanks guys and galsxxx
Originally Posted by iwilldoit
Hi Mandy

We wish you all the luck in the world on the next phase of your life......Hopefully we will be following in your footsteps soon..
All the Best for your future
Sharon
Thanks Sharon, you will be hot on my heels i am sure and i hope you are as happy and excited and raring to go as we are here. it really feels more right than anything i have ever done xx
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streuth (see i practicing already) i cant keep up with you all

I love it, all of it, even the scary bits. YES its gonna be bloody hard but hey so is life here

My eldest gave me a letter the other day saying how proud he was of me and how i have shown him what is possible - THAT is all i need to know
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daunted
Streuth (see i practicing already) i cant keep up with you all

I love it, all of it, even the scary bits. YES its gonna be bloody hard but hey so is life here

My eldest gave me a letter the other day saying how proud he was of me and how i have shown him what is possible - THAT is all i need to know
Hi

I would like to Wish All the Best to YOUR NEW LIFE DOWN UNDER

Keep in touch with BE

Angiek
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

I work in a secondary school (catering manager) and on my last day at work we having a theme day - AUstralia of course!!! complete with samples of kangaroo meat and emu - guaranteed to go out with a bang
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:42 pm
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

Wishing you & yours all the best from a fellow Lancashire lad/lass (you know what I mean)

We'll be there in the new year

Cheers Sim
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
I work in a secondary school (catering manager) and on my last day at work we having a theme day - AUstralia of course!!! complete with samples of kangaroo meat and emu - guaranteed to go out with a bang
Have a good day and a fantastic life downunder.

You deserve to have the most fun and the best life in Australia. Hopefully, your son will be with you sometime soon!

Good luck and don't forget to keep us up to date with your adventures!

xxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.