Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Time Check Please - Melbourne People

Time Check Please - Melbourne People

Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:16 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time Check Please - Melbourne People

Hi there

My girls are concerned that they won't be able to talk to their dad & friends after we've moved to Melbourne. Apparently it's impossible to contact people either by msn or on the telephone because Melbourne is 10 hours ahead.

Obviously a bit of planning & thinking things out is needed, but I don't think it's "impossible" as they've been told - would anyone be kind enough to share with me how they keep in touch with their family & friends back in England - how the timings & so on work out for them?

Many thanks
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:19 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time Check Please - Melbourne People

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Hi there

My girls are concerned that they won't be able to talk to their dad & friends after we've moved to Melbourne. Apparently it's impossible to contact people either by msn or on the telephone because Melbourne is 10 hours ahead.

Obviously a bit of planning & thinking things out is needed, but I don't think it's "impossible" as they've been told - would anyone be kind enough to share with me how they keep in touch with their family & friends back in England - how the timings & so on work out for them?

Many thanks
Well I'm in QLD but I can give you a general idea. We're 10 hours ahead of the UK. Weekends it's easy to be in touch but during the week it's a lot more difficult. So here really if we want to catch them before it's too late in the night we need to ring about 6 in the morning our time.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time Check Please - Melbourne People

During Uk winter Melbourne is 11 hours ahead. In UK summer its 9 ahead.

Our daughter often speaks to her friends early evening (from Melbourne) so morning time to them.

Pete