Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it time for another Cairns meet?

Is it time for another Cairns meet?

Old May 15th 2009, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is it time for another Cairns meet?

Originally Posted by AandR
Sounds like a good idea - we'd def be up for a meet. How about the bank holiday weekend coming up? Or is everyone away for that?
At the risk of sounding dumb...when is the bank holiday weekend?
Old May 15th 2009, 6:15 am
Shandyw

shandyw will become famous soon enoughshandyw will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by windog
At the risk of sounding dumb...when is the bank holiday weekend?
Queen's birthday 8 June. Not sure which Queen. Just joking!
Old May 18th 2009, 7:02 am
Just Joined

AandR is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the bank hols here - and the fact that they celebate the Queens Birthday here and nobody does in the UK! I'm all for patriatism if it means a day off!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 1:00 am
Just Joined

Chrissieincairns is an unknown quantity at this point

The best was Easter - Anzac Day - Labour Day. 3 in a row!

I'd definately be up for a meet if one is going to be arranged.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by windog
Are there any other people in Cairns? or is it just us?
Hi

Liz here, not been on for ages...lots of crap stuff going on at work and not enough work so been boring and staying in..was away bank holiday..planned a year ago..went to see PINK in sydney..fab..but even more skint now!!
Must get on here more often.
We are up for another meet at Palm Cove on a Saturday night sometime..did you have the bank holiday meet?
Sally claire..havn't seen you for ages either...would be good to catch up with the existing BE members and sounds like there are a few new ones here too now.

Liz
Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Hi

Liz here, not been on for ages...lots of crap stuff going on at work and not enough work so been boring and staying in..was away bank holiday..planned a year ago..went to see PINK in sydney..fab..but even more skint now!!
Must get on here more often.
We are up for another meet at Palm Cove on a Saturday night sometime..did you have the bank holiday meet?
Sally claire..havn't seen you for ages either...would be good to catch up with the existing BE members and sounds like there are a few new ones here too now.

Liz
So, anyone want to meet up in Palm Cove sometime?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

YES

jen and I are up for meeting up in Palm Cove...a few others have shown interest too....Adam and Ruth, Lisa and Alan...

I wonder if anyone goes on ex pats anymore!!! How are you Sally-Claire?

Lizx
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

P.S I am now self employed so if you know anyone who needs a PODIATRIST contact me! Knee pain, lower back pain, hip or ankle pain????..or any sweet elderly neighbours that need their nails cutting!!! I am based at edge Hill but can do home visits if mobility is an issue...maybe you have some contacts at the hospital???
Liz
Old Jun 30th 2009, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

YES

jen and I are up for meeting up in Palm Cove...a few others have shown interest too....Adam and Ruth, Lisa and Alan...

I wonder if anyone goes on ex pats anymore!!! How are you Sally-Claire?

Lizx
I'm good thanks!

Would be good to have a meet!
Any dates in mind? There are a few new people who might be interested.

P.S I am now self employed so if you know anyone who needs a PODIATRIST contact me! Knee pain, lower back pain, hip or ankle pain????..or any sweet elderly neighbours that need their nails cutting!!! I am based at edge Hill but can do home visits if mobility is an issue...maybe you have some contacts at the hospital???
Liz
Do you have any business cards or a leaflet I could maybe put up in the hospital for you? Would you think about offering a staff discount for a limited period perhaps as a promo?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I'm good thanks!

Would be good to have a meet!
Any dates in mind? There are a few new people who might be interested.

Do you have any business cards or a leaflet I could maybe put up in the hospital for you? Would you think about offering a staff discount for a limited period perhaps as a promo?
Definately. I will private mail you, actually can you send me your private e mail and then I can do a poster and also drop some cards off to you one night..promo idea sounds good. Also, do you know the names of the discharge nurses as they are always good comtacts to have.

Thanks
Liz
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Definately. I will private mail you, actually can you send me your private e mail and then I can do a poster and also drop some cards off to you one night..promo idea sounds good. Also, do you know the names of the discharge nurses as they are always good comtacts to have.

Thanks
Liz
Will send you pm!