British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Tim-Tams (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/tim-tams-305722/)

Deadmeat May 29th 2005 8:43 am

Tim-Tams

They're just a poor rip-off of Penguins without the individual wrappers aren't they?

fraser May 29th 2005 8:47 am

Re: Tim-Tams

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
They're just a poor rip-off of Penguins without the individual wrappers aren't they?

:D :D :D

I love a Tim-Tam

paulf May 29th 2005 8:50 am

Thats what I thought too!, but I,m told you can "suck" tea or coffee or Milo through them!!!!!! :rolleyes:
fa fa fa fa ffs.

fraser May 29th 2005 8:51 am

Originally Posted by paulf
Thats what I thought too!, but I,m told you can "suck" tea or coffee or Milo through them!!!!!! :rolleyes:
fa fa fa fa ffs.

Oh you can you just have to be really quick before they disintegrate into said tea/coffee/milo

Ialibu May 29th 2005 9:00 am

1 Attachment(s)

Here's a penguin mate, first seen wobbling out of the cake shops of Carlisle St Balaclava

glittababe May 29th 2005 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Ialibu
Here's a penguin mate, first seen wobbling out of the cake shops of Carlisle St Balaclava

My other half loves Tim Tams! You can buy them now in Tesco! Anyone like the odd chilli-choc flavour?

bondipom May 29th 2005 10:58 am

DIMIA are probably already onto troublemakers like yourself. Not sure how you will get citizenship now.

SuperSeagulls May 29th 2005 11:11 am

Originally Posted by bondipom
DIMIA are probably already onto troublemakers like yourself. Not sure how you will get citizenship now.

They are a Premiership biscuit compared to the ScrewFix league Penguins!!!

SS

manxfamily May 29th 2005 11:17 am

not tried them yet, as im not in oz yet but here an interesting bit info about Tim Tams

http://www.auinfo.com/australia_travel_tips.html

Larissa May 29th 2005 1:00 pm

I'm with you deadmeat, they are rubbish compared to penguins... plus they have dodgy colourings in them which are banned in Europe, they aren't that brown colour due to the chocolate.
Give me a penguin any day!

Deadmeat May 30th 2005 8:52 am

Originally Posted by bondipom

Well, it's a good job I don't look anything like the guy on the left AND I'm female AND I'm only 12 years old.

Never been further from UK civilisation than Deptford either.

Actually, the Deptford/civilisation argument doesn't really work ... :D

lostincanberra May 30th 2005 9:30 am

PHP Code:

Mr Norrisretired and living in the Southern Highlandswas the director of food technology at Arnott's for 42 years. He first thought of the Tim Tam in 1958 while on a world trip for the company, searching for new ideas. In Britain, he came upon the Penguin, a type of chocolate-coated biscuit sandwich

Arnott'
s is seeking a court order that the Tem p tin biscuits be destroyed on the grounds that Southern Sky is attempting to pass them off as Tim Tams

The father of the Tim Tam is not unduly aggrieved"There is nothing wrong with coming up with a similar product," Mr Norris said"Tim Tams were a similar product to Penguins." 

Above text (Sydney Morning Herald, Apr 2003)shows that Tim Tams are just imitation Penguins only a bit more sickly that aside Vegemite is better than Marmite

walla May 30th 2005 10:43 am

Tim-Tams are the Rolls Royce of chocolate biscuits :)

Jacqui May 30th 2005 11:32 am

Well as you can't buy Penguins here, Tim Tams will do just fine, thank you! I don't buy them though, best not to have them in the pantry, the will-power isn't too strong :rolleyes: I see there is now a Tim Tam Cornetto, ummm that will be hard to resist on hot summer days.

sme May 30th 2005 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by paulf
fa fa fa fa ffs.

I saw Natalie Imbruglia sucking one through tea on So Graham Norton a few years ago.